Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Two more questions...well three....
redfish99999 Offline

Two more questions...well three....
1. A lean fuel mixture can cause burnt valves.... Are there any reports of this problem?????

2. For my 115hp, 4 cycle Yamaha outboard boat motor, it seems that I only need a HHO generator.... I cannot find any o2 sensor or feedback mechanism to the fuel injectors.....

So I'm thinking " Just shove a tube(maybe with a diffuser) into the air intake... Is this a correct method???

3. Where do I find a proper HHO generator for this application? Here, I really need some advice from someone with a successful auto or boat result....

4. My boat is adjusted to reach redline RPMs at full throttle.... When I install the HHO trick, if it reaches redline at less than full throttle, then this is good..........Right?????????

TIA very much...........
04-28-2008 08:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jksav7 Offline

RE: Two more questions...well three....
Read the second half of this article:

http://www.hydrogen-boost.com/june2004.html

Basically, it sounds like the only way valves will be burned is if you're running a lean mixture at sustained heavy load high throttle settings. Interesting, to say the least.

redfish99999 Wrote:1. A lean fuel mixture can cause burnt valves.... Are there any reports of this problem?????

2. For my 115hp, 4 cycle Yamaha outboard boat motor, it seems that I only need a HHO generator.... I cannot find any o2 sensor or feedback mechanism to the fuel injectors.....

So I'm thinking " Just shove a tube(maybe with a diffuser) into the air intake... Is this a correct method???

3. Where do I find a proper HHO generator for this application? Here, I really need some advice from someone with a successful auto or boat result....

4. My boat is adjusted to reach redline RPMs at full throttle.... When I install the HHO trick, if it reaches redline at less than full throttle, then this is good..........Right?????????

TIA very much...........
04-28-2008 10:56 AM
bandit354 Offline

Very good find about the leaning of the engine, there was another link at the end of that page that talked about burning valves in gasoline engines and this effort to prove that it was very hard to burn your valves even with lean conditions.
04-28-2008 02:06 PM
RebelScientist Offline

what about HHO gasoline mixture bringing the combustion temperature up???

I've read it somwhere that aluminum blocks should not use HHO because aluminum can melt on lower temps compare to iron block???

Is that true?? Thanks
05-06-2008 01:56 PM
bandit354 Offline

Aluminum blocks have steel or iron sleeves in the cylinders.
05-06-2008 05:21 PM
Fatman1 Offline

I would make sure of your timing so u dont get perdetaion. HHO burns faster than gas and new car ajust the timing for you to a point but Im not sure about boats. I did read where a guy blew up his motor on his boat running HHO and didnt reset his timing
:|
05-29-2008 04:30 PM