Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Uh.. frustrated greetings from Greece... damn you HHO !
bardoc Offline

Sad Uh.. frustrated greetings from Greece... damn you HHO !
Hey guys, im pretty much new to this whole HHO thing, and i've already read anything i could find online. After my first attemp to create a mini-Hydroxy generator (wet- with a spiral cable and no plates) just to check if it works, i now wanna go further and buy a dry-cell kit for using it with my car.

After lots of online searching i come accross to various sellers saying their product is the best etc but ALL of them sell for more than 80$, and i believe its nonsence. (not to mention hilarious shipping costs - like 60$ shipping for a drycell generator - USPS international sucks) !!!! In general it cant be that expensive to make a simple dry cell.

My car is a Hyundai Tiburon 2005 1.6L (Small engine - thus small ammounts of hho)
and i dont wanna spend so much money without being absolutely positive im doing the right thing. (as i said im new to this- and im a typical "see to believe" guy)

Can anyone suggest a safe and cheap solution to me ? (i rejected the 'cheaper' wet-cell solution because i heard that after it gets heated enough it produces 'steam' which harms "the engine?" - not sure if that is true) so i prefer to go 'dry'....

Im ready to give 60$ for a hho-generator (and plz dont tell me to create one because i dont know of ANY stores arround my place that sell stainless steel - "not to mention 316L medical stainless steel".) any idea where to get a cheap one?

it seems as if im never gonna get one.. :/
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2011 12:27 PM by bardoc.)
02-10-2011 12:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: Uh.. frustrated greetings from Greece... damn you HHO !
My cost for parts for a single cell is $66.31, but that's FOB my supplier's docks. I have to have them all shipped to me, so before any labor, my cost is $86.20. That's for:

2 End plates
8 Stainless steel plates
2 Custom mounting brackets
9 EPDM Rubber gaskets
12 spacers
(Note all of the above are custom made to our specifications, but bought in quantity of 100s of pcs)
304 Stainless steel hardware:
12 4-1/2" x 1/4 bolts
12 1/4" lock nute
12 1/4" washers

Now, I also think cells can be made for less. But I can assure you that for quality components, they are not cheap.

I don't know where you can get a decent cell for $60. Maybe a used one from someone? Ebay maybe?

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2011 04:02 PM by mike.)
02-10-2011 04:01 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dave_GB Offline

Mike,

Consider yourself lucky you have access to cheap parts. I've found that the SS is the most difficult
and expensive part to find. I'm designing a 5" cell and the cheapest I can find 21 plates @ 1/8 x 5 x 5 316 is $143 and that's w/o shipping.

If anyone has a source for SS in this size, please forward the info. I would appreciate it.

David
(This post was last modified: 03-20-2011 10:09 AM by Dave_GB.)
03-20-2011 10:08 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

I'm telling you a cost based on making a quantity. This is the price when I have 500 pcs made. So that's why its so much less than your cost. Small quantity orders are of course more expensive because they have to set up the computer to run your part.

Unless you are working on a design you eventually want to duplicate and sell, I recommend you just buy a cell pre-made. It will end up costing less, and (in most cases) the bugs will have already been worked out.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
03-20-2011 10:21 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply