Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Urea infusion system...?
ghahai ghato Offline

Urea infusion system...?
Guys... since I've scrapped my EGR + HHO system here's a new one.

Urea Infusion System.

Currently, I've replaced my Water/Methanol Infusion System with Water/Urea Infusion System.
I called up my dad to check on this urea thingy and he told me that he uses 'em too... for blasting rocks at the quarry! Whooow!!!
Upon mixing the urea with water, the container cools (endotermic). Managed to dissolve only 300gm in 500ml H2O at room temp. Now, the methanol refill container is replaced with urea solution.

I'm hoping the extra O2 from HHO is used up by the Urea from this NOx reducing equation I found on several research on the net...
4NO + 2(NH2)2CO + O2 ---> 4N2 + 4H2O + 2CO2
http://www.cheresources.com/questions/re...es-76.html

Will post result if this works....

Hmmm.... wonder what's up with the ammonia car project...
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2008 04:18 AM by ghahai ghato.)
12-10-2008 03:18 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: Urea infusion system...?
I usually just write my name in the snow.... You've taken it to a new level.Blush

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
12-10-2008 05:21 AM
gtkco Offline

Boy Ghato, you do come up with a lot of unique ideas! Smile
12-10-2008 06:23 PM
ghahai ghato Offline

Thanx guys.

Here's some update...
Immediately upon the UIS setup I was called up to send my in-laws to a funeral last night.
It was a nite journey over mountainous and winding road approx 140km.

Long story short;
Journey up : 30km/L (WOW!!!)
Journey back : 16km/L (DAMN!!!)
Still couldn't believe the math as I revised & recalculated while folks were busy with the funeral rites...

Upon checking the setup this morning, I discoverd that the Urea refill line & fittings were choked with urea deposits and the refill level did not deplete as I anticipated...
However, the fittings and line going into the intake manifold was clear... phew!!!
SOOO, the "back to base mileage" on the way-back trip was caused either by the ECU which has played me out again for the 27th time or by the diluted Urea mix or both or whatever....

Now, I've got to figure out a way to handle this new problem.... errr... challenge.... yeah!!!
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2008 11:00 PM by ghahai ghato.)
12-10-2008 09:56 PM
benny Offline

ghahai ghato Wrote:Thanx guys.

Here's some update...
Immediately upon the UIS setup I was called up to send my in-laws to a funeral last night.
It was a nite journey over mountainous and winding road approx 140km.

Long story short;
Journey up : 30km/L (WOW!!!)
Journey back : 16km/L (DAMN!!!)
Still couldn't believe the math as I revised & recalculated while folks were busy with the funeral rites...

Upon checking the setup this morning, I discoverd that the Urea refill line & fittings were choked with urea deposits and the refill level did not deplete as I anticipated...
However, the fittings and line going into the intake manifold was clear... phew!!!
SOOO, the "back to base mileage" on the way-back trip was caused either by the ECU which has played me out again for the 27th time or by the diluted Urea mix or both or whatever....

Now, I've got to figure out a way to handle this new problem.... errr... challenge.... yeah!!!

Urea on demand? New concept.
12-11-2008 05:03 PM
ghahai ghato Offline

Can anyone tell me if urea 2(NH2)2CO will dissociate and ignite in the combustion chamber upon compression, heat, fuel & spark?
My search over the net yielded nothing....

Reason is my wife tells me that the car feels slightly lighter when driven... she is oblivious to the system...
12-12-2008 04:17 AM
ghahai ghato Offline

Just an update guys....

1st, I swear by my amazing FC results coz I've calculated & recalculated plus I've 2xchecked my log book. The least it was at 27km/L...

2nd, the ECU did compensate thereafter coz I've fix the clogging and resimulated the trip, but this time on a flat costal road only to see it go back to 16km/L... duwamn... double duwamn when my modded Urea setup still clog but this time it's at my 2 vaccum manifold inlets... OMG... what hav I done!!! Somehow a damped cottonbutt and paperclip solved the issue... (Urea is VERY soluble in water)

Currently, I've diluted the Urea premix container to 50% and went for a highway trip... Hmm... got 18km/L this time.... and no clogging so far... I also noticed that the drive was much smoother than before...nice... Another weird thing is that the readings on my multimeter could not keep up with the O2 running LED lights especially at flatout highway speed (90 -110kmh)...
So I guess this urea thingy is doing something to the combustion system....

the quest continues....
(This post was last modified: 12-16-2008 03:35 AM by ghahai ghato.)
12-16-2008 03:29 AM
Ipsidicsitismic Offline

So peeing in my gastank ISNT gonna show the same gains? Just wanted to be sure...

seriously though, Urea... I'm a skeptic and even -I- am intrigued by the thought process behind that idea Shocked

How is it used to blast rocks by your dad at the quarry, ghahai ghato?
03-10-2009 12:49 PM
thomasbala Offline

(03-10-2009 12:49 PM)Ipsidicsitismic Wrote:  So peeing in my gastank ISNT gonna show the same gains? Just wanted to be sure...

seriously though, Urea... I'm a skeptic and even -I- am intrigued by the thought process behind that idea Shocked

UREA NITRATE CAN BE USED AS AN EXPLOSIVE MUNITION. IT IS EASY TO PREPARE FROM NITRIC ACID AND URINE. IT CAN BE DETONATED WITH A BLASTING CAP.
MATERIAL REQUIRED:
----------------- ------
NITRIC ACID, 90% CONC. FIELD GRADE
(1.48 SP. GR.)
URINE ANIMALS (INCL. HUMANS)
2 ONE GALLON HEAT AND ACID-RESISTANT CONTAINERS (GLASS, CLAY, ETC.)
FILTERING MATERIAL PAPER TOWEL OR FINELY TEXTURED COTTON CLOTH (SHIRT, SHEET, ETC.)
ALUMINUM POWDER :PAINT STORES (OPTIONAL, OR IF AVAILABLE)
HEAT SOURCE
MEASURING CONTINERS (CUP AND SPOON)
WATER
TAPE
BLASTING CAP
STEEL PIPE AND END CAP(S)
NOTE: PREPARE MIXTURE JUST BEFORE USE
PROCEDURE:
---------
1) BOIL A LARGE QUANTITY OF URINE (10 CUPS) TO APPROX. 1/10 ITS VOLUME (1 CUP) IN ONE OF THE CONTAINERS OVER THE HEAT SOURCE.
2) FILTER THE URINE INTO THE OTHER CONTAINER THROUGH THE FILTERING MATERIAL TO REMOVE IMPURITIES.
3) SLOWLY ADD 1/3 CUP OF NITRIC ACID TO THE FILTERED URINE, AND LET MIXTURE STAND FOR 1 HOUR. CAUTION: ACID WILL BURN SKIN AND DESTROY CLOTHING. IF ANY IS SPILLED WASH IT AWAY WITH A LARGE QUANTITY OF WATER. DO NOT INHALE FUMES.
4) FILTER MIXTURE AS IN STEP 2. UREA NITRATE CRYSTALS WILL COLLECT ON THE PAPER.
5) WASH THE UREA NITRATE BY POURING WATER OVER IT.
6) REMOVE UREA NITRATE CRYSTALS FROM THE FILTERING MATERIAL AND ALLOW TO DRY THOROUGHLY (APPROX. 16 HOURS)
NOTE: THE DRYING TIME CAN BE REDUCED TO TWO HOURS IF A HOT (NOT BOILING) WATER BATH IS USED.
HOW TO USE:
----------
1) SPOON THE UREA NITRATE CRYSTALS INTO AN IRON OR STEEL PIPE WHICH HAS AN END CAP THREADED ON ONE END.
2) INSERT BLASTING CAP JUST BENEATH THE SURFACE OF THE UREA NITRATE CRYSTALS.
NOTES: THIS EXPLOSIVE CAN BE MADE MORE EFFECTIVELY BY MIXING WITH ALUMINUM POWDER (CAN BE OBTAINED IN PAINT STORES) IN THE RATIO OF 4:1. I.E., MIX 1 CUP OF ALUMUNIM POWDER WITH 4 CUPS OF UREA NITRATE. CONFINING THE OPEN END OF THE CONTAINER WILL ADD TO THE EFFECTIVENESS OF THE EXPLOSIVE.
03-10-2009 08:56 PM
Ipsidicsitismic Offline

(03-10-2009 08:56 PM)thomasbala Wrote:  
(03-10-2009 12:49 PM)Ipsidicsitismic Wrote:  So peeing in my gastank ISNT gonna show the same gains? Just wanted to be sure...

UREA NITRATE CAN BE USED AS AN EXPLOSIVE MUNITION. IT IS EASY TO PREPARE FROM NITRIC ACID AND URINE. IT CAN BE DETONATED WITH A BLASTING CAP.
MATERIAL REQUIRED:
----------------- ------

As much as I enjoy a good chemistry class, I'm thinkin' we probably don't want to be posting bomb recipies[easy though it may be to obtain ANYWAY..] on this forum :P
03-11-2009 09:05 AM