Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Using my EFIE
jared Offline

Using my EFIE
I would like to know if my single EFIE device will work with a hydrogen generating system in my vehicle? Jared
10-11-2007 06:53 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: Using my EFIE
Yes, absolutely. This is a perfect application of an EFIE.

I have a hydrogen electrolyzer in my car and use a Dual EFIE Deluxe.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
10-11-2007 07:32 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
01olds Offline

HI AM NEW HERE TOO.. ABOUT SOME OF YOU ALL RESULTS USING THE EFIE DEVICE I KNOW IT WORKS WOW IT ALONE GIVE ME A HUGE GAS MILLAGE INCREASE...NOW HERE IS MY QUESTION :question: ..WELL NOW WILL THE OXYGEN HYDROGEN GENERATIOR GIVE THE CAR EVEN MORE GAS MILLLAGE ...HAS ANY ONE DEALT WITH THAT ALREADY.....OR WHAT CAN I EXPECT WHEN I TURN MY HYDROGEN OXYGEN DEVICE ON... SO HAS ANY ONE ALL READY DEALT WITH THAT COMMENTS WANTED THANKS 01OLDS
10-11-2007 08:55 AM
mike Offline

Absolutely yes. In fact you should turn on your HHO device. See this article, EFIE Described. The EFIE is actually not designed to be used by itself, but as a complement to another fuel saver. Over-leaning your fuel mix can cause the valves to overheat. The EFIE is designed to lean the fuel mix in compensation for the computer's reaction to another fuel saver (such as your electrolyzer) which will cause more oxygen in the exhaust, causing the computer to richen the mix.

You can read more articles on the EFIE here.

Visit Our Documents Page
10-11-2007 12:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
01olds Offline

HI THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.... MAY I ASK WHAT DID YOU SET YOUR EFIE AT? I HAVE BOTH FRONT AND REAR SET AT 355....YOUR ADVICE MUCH APPRECIATED THANKS AGAIN SEE YA ....
10-12-2007 12:22 PM
mike Offline

I'm running at .275 upstream and .215 downstream. But note, that I'm currently using a very basic electrolyzer right now, that is little more than 2 wires dunked in some electrolyte. I plan to prototype some high end electrolyzers soon, but have been busy producing EFIEs and getting my web site up and rolling.

If you have a real, honest-to-god fuel saver installed, such as a Brown's gas electrolyzer or a fuel vapor system, your settings are probably fine.

I hope you've now turned it on!

Visit Our Documents Page
10-12-2007 03:11 PM
01olds Offline

hi am back after sever days of trial & errow.. my setup seems not to work as i expected. gas millage reduces ugh! maybe i have got the EFIE device set wrong?? oh the hydrogen oxygen generator it nearly a gallon size... am sure it putting out plenty gas.... so as as now i need to get some more information .. as to what adjustments what or whats happening.. oh yes i am puzzled now.........it might be several days before i get this problem solved ...
10-17-2007 03:08 AM
mike Offline

Take a deep breath! I know it can be frustrating at times.

However, I'm sure it's something simple and basic that's wrong. If you are supplying HHO to your engine, and you are using a functioning EFIE, then you will get a mileage increase, unless something very basic is wrong.

Here's some tests for you to try:
  • With the engine running, test between the 2 output wires of the EFIE (the ones connecting to your oxygen sensor and computer). This should read steadily at whatever you've set your EFIE, .355 volt.
  • With engine running, test between the oxygen sensor and ground. This should read around .45 volt or so, and should be constantly changing. The range of readings should not exceed .1 to .9 volts.
I'm going to assume that you've been scientific about you mileage tests and that you've been driving the same type of roads and generally driving the same way for your tests. I'm also going to assume that your HHO device really is producing HHO, and that the gas is getting into the intake air stream. However, if you can devise a safe way to verify the latter assumption, it would be a good idea to do it. I'm also assuming that you don't have a check engine light on, meaning that something is wrong with your engine, which could defeat our efforts.

Barring the devices (EFIE or HHO electrolyzer) not working, then to not get an increase in mileage you would have to have something basic not working, such as a bad oxygen sensor, or computer.

Which HHO device are you using?

Visit Our Documents Page
10-17-2007 09:05 AM
Zolar1 Offline
Got a Cheezeburger 4 me?

I read elsewhere that Chevrolet crippled the computer.
If the front O2 sensor reads low, but the after CAT sensor reads high, the computer chooses the after CAT sensor values to 'protect' the CAT converter.

My wife has a 2004 Chevy Classic. 2.2L I4. 2-O2 sensors.

I made a homemade EFIE (manually adjustable) for the front one, but my O2 voltage jumps all over the place. Could this be because I need to use a DUAL EFIE to control both O2 sensors?

Does the rear O2 sensor follow the same rules/voltages as the front or should the rear be leaner/richer? Shouldn't the rear read less O2 than the front because of the CAT conv? If so, then how would the Dual EFIE handle this issue? Would I need 2 single ones and adjust them independently?

Best MPG with HHO and my single manual EFIE is 45MPG on a reasonably flat level highway with the cruise on. The car is supposed to get (EPA) 31MPG. It seems like a nice increase, but when my wife drives the car, the MPG drops SIGNIFICANTLY - as low as 18MPG. And she's not a lead foot either.

I'm trying to get 50+MPG consistently. Once I can do that, I want to do my 2008 Ranger (I4, 2.3L) and aim for at least 40-50MPG.

Lastly, I ordered several EIFE's and they still haven't been shipped or even billed to me. I can't even get an estimated delivery time. But yet, the order was confirmed. Then the site said a couple of days later that they weren't taking any more orders.

The EFIE's are the one's you mention here from the site you refer to.

I plan to make & install HHO units for a lot of my friends and relatives, but can't until I can prove they work and can get parts on demand. We're all crying over the high cost of gas.
06-11-2008 03:38 PM
Zolar1 Offline
Got a Cheezeburger 4 me?

http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/doc/EfieLineup.html

were the one's I was referring to.
06-11-2008 03:40 PM