Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
V6 3.4 efi Toyota .. HHO.litres per hour??
abigpicture Offline

V6 3.4 efi Toyota .. HHO.litres per hour??
Hi Forum
just joined tonight.

96 4runner 142,000 miles V6 auto. I have done almost all
the mods that Loius Lapointe recommend at http://www.smartgas.net
my vehicle is primed for mpg improvement. Properly inflated low friction tires...new NGK plug wires..air filter..oil changed..and acetone/xylol/gp7 mixture 2 oz per ten gallons of gas. and have
efie installed

My question is how much HHO gas production do I need to
see an improvement...Is 12 litres and hour to much too little...?
is 100 litres too much..? is there any rule of thumb to go by?
Thanks
John
03-15-2008 08:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: V6 3.4 efi Toyota .. HHO.litres per hour??
Lol. I think you'll find that 12 liters is too few and 100 is too many. But I think you already know that.

I would shoot for about 25 liters/hour. But it takes experimentation to determine the best fuel mileage for your vehicle. As you probably already know after a certain amount of gas, further gas will not improve combustion and you will start to lose mileage. Too little gas and you don't get the optimum combustion that more gas would give you.

When you find your sweet spot, that gives you the best mileage with your Forerunner, please post, so we can start getting some record of the optimum amount of HHO to use.

BTW, welcome to the forum!

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
(This post was last modified: 03-15-2008 09:01 PM by mike.)
03-15-2008 09:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
abigpicture Offline

Thanks for the Reply Mike.

I was actually hoping 12 litres will work. I will buy another 12 litre unit ...can I just run them in series...?

I understand the right amount will be by trial and error....at least now I feel I can at least have a reasonable starting point ....

alll the best
John
03-16-2008 06:52 AM
mike Offline

Oh, i get it. Well definitely try it with 12 and see what you get. Some guys have the idea that if a little bit is good, then a whole lot is even better.

Many people don't know that it costs more energy to create the Brown's gas than you get back by burning it. That's not where we get the mileage increase. It's the catalytic effect that the gas has on the petrol, getting the petrol to burn more completely that we get our gains. After a certain amount of gas, we won't get any more catalytic effect, so adding more gas after that point, we start to lose mileage. At this point we're now spending more energy to produce more gas that isn't giving as much energy back during combustion.

I just noticed that this isn't covered in my documents section, so I will be writing something up soon to cover this point.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
03-16-2008 11:07 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
abigpicture Offline

YEs Mike...this is the same action that I have witnessed with the acetone additive, more is actually worsens MPG....and the acetone helps as a catalyst as well...it certainly neurtralizes the ethanol effect.

thanks for the reply
John

mike Wrote:Oh, i get it. Well definitely try it with 12 and see what you get. Some guys have the idea that if a little bit is good, then a whole lot is even better.

Many people don't know that it costs more energy to create the Brown's gas than you get back by burning it. That's not where we get the mileage increase. It's the catalytic effect that the gas has on the petrol, getting the petrol to burn more completely that we get our gains. After a certain amount of gas, we won't get any more catalytic effect, so adding more gas after that point, we start to lose mileage. At this point we're now spending more energy to produce more gas that isn't giving as much energy back during combustion.

I just noticed that this isn't covered in my documents section, so I will be writing something up soon to cover this point.
03-16-2008 01:53 PM