Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Vapor from your TANK
mtthhrs Offline

RE: Vapor from your TANK
gtkco Wrote:Matt, you are really bumming me out here.Sad If I understand you correctly, then running straight H2 would have no effect on the ECU to make it think it is running rich and lean the fuel out. (the h2 using up more O2 would be cancelled out by the less O2 forming carbon monoxide). What you are saying is that the extra O2 of hho has nothing to do with ECU thinking there is too much O2. I am working on an h2 only system because I thought the extra O2 with HHO was forcing us to use an EFIE. I thought I'd by-pass all of that with an H2 system only which might also work on my car with the AFR. Just trying to find a system that will work on both cars. But building an H2 system is tough! I am not going to waste the time if running H2 causes the ECU to behave just like running HHO.

This is just my idea and I might be wrong. But you would think that if you use straight h2 it would help some with the oxygen problem but not completely solve it. Because the hho does introduce some oxygen and straight h2 would use up some more oxygen. Somewhere I read a post about someone that used H2 only and got a gain that he couldn't with hho. I bet he could get even more gain though if he would adress the oxygen sensor or afr sensor though but that's just my idea.

By the way you probably heard that mike is coming out with an efie for 4 wire afr sensors soon!

Matt
12-02-2008 07:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mtthhrs Offline

AlexR Wrote:I'm not sure if what I am about to say is 100% correct, so take this with a grain of salt.

I believe the Electronic Diverter - that's the name of it - will reduce your fuel by a set percentage for example. Since the fuel flow does not correspond exactly with the flow of air the mixture would be too rich at some times and too lean others. Moding sensors will allow a more adaptive fuel flow for changing conditions.

Here's the way I understood it you can correct me if I'm wrong. You can hook up the electronic diverter with your o2 sensor before your efie adjusts the signal then your electronic diverter will adjust the injectors automatically. But then your efie will still adjust the o2 sensor signal after the electronic diverter so the computer still sees the signal it wants and that would keep it from throwing a check engine light. I'm not sure how you would hook it up with an afr sensor though but I'm sure there has to be a way. Ill have to study electronics a bit more then I might build an electronic diverter.

Matt
12-02-2008 08:30 PM
Gary Offline

What??? Maybe it's just me, but I thought I'd need an EFIE to correct the signal to keep the ECU from richening the mix. And it can lean the mix. As an alternative, the diverter would so a somewhat similar job. This is the first I'd heard of using (and PURCHASING) BOTH of them to use. I guess I need to study all the links and see, because now I don't see WHY I would want a diverter, could I afford one.
12-03-2008 04:06 AM
mtthhrs Offline

Gary Wrote:What??? Maybe it's just me, but I thought I'd need an EFIE to correct the signal to keep the ECU from richening the mix. And it can lean the mix. As an alternative, the diverter would so a somewhat similar job. This is the first I'd heard of using (and PURCHASING) BOTH of them to use. I guess I need to study all the links and see, because now I don't see WHY I would want a diverter, could I afford one.

I think there's a couple of different ways to hook up the electronic diverter too. The electronic diverter could adjust your fuel more than just an efie. I haven't even heard that you can buy the electronic diverter pre made I believe you would have to build it your self.

Matt
12-03-2008 05:10 AM
Hans H Offline

Nice to see the discussion ramping along. I'm having some trouble getting the fittings I want... some wise man once said that if one wasn't in a hurry the possibilities would go up and the stress down!
(HEY!) My latest concept on the simplicity side is to trickle gas from the return line down the fill tube and to pull the vapor back up and out the fill tube. I've drilled and tapped a hole in the middle of a gas cap to which a fuel filter(air cleaner) and check valve are attached... then a hose will run down to the bottom of the fill tube for fresh inlet air. Upline to the pcv would be a flash arrestor and another check valve (when I get the easy flow valve). Some folks think warm fuel is unnecessary... I think a bubbler design is unnecessary. Glad I don't have the fuel injector/ecm crap to worry me. What a world... ol Henry Ford would cry!
12-05-2008 09:48 AM
autocraz Offline

:cool:MOST CARS THIS DAY AND TIME HAVE A SYSTEM CALLED E.V.A.P.
THIS PULLS A VAC ON THE TANK,EVERY TIME THE CAR CRANKS.
THERE IS YOUR CHECK VAVLE.
HEATING GAS IS NOT A GOOD THING TO DO.
AFTER YOU GET OUT OF THE CAR,THE GAS IS STILL HOT,
SLASH VAPORS!!
BOOMMMM????
WE PUT ICE IN A CAN AND RUN GAS THROUGH IT TO MAKE MORE POWER.
MORE POWER, LESS GAS PEDAL.
12-06-2008 09:05 PM
Hans H Offline

autocraz Wrote::cool:MOST CARS THIS DAY AND TIME HAVE A SYSTEM CALLED E.V.A.P.
THIS PULLS A VAC ON THE TANK,EVERY TIME THE CAR CRANKS.
THERE IS YOUR CHECK VAVLE.
HEATING GAS IS NOT A GOOD THING TO DO.
AFTER YOU GET OUT OF THE CAR,THE GAS IS STILL HOT,
SLASH VAPORS!!
BOOMMMM????
WE PUT ICE IN A CAN AND RUN GAS THROUGH IT TO MAKE MORE POWER.
MORE POWER, LESS GAS PEDAL.

thanks for the check valve source... lot of folks out there with fuel heaters mate... no problem with mine after installing bypass regulator.
12-09-2008 10:38 AM