Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Vaporizer 2000
rpatzer Offline

Vaporizer 2000
My best results with this vaporizer is 20% increase with acetone. This is on a 97 Jeep Sport 4 cyl. This is LA freeway test. It went from 21 mgp to 25 mpg. I have an EFIE, but not hooked up at this time. I had to get smoged. I will put it back on. I also had trouble at idle and slow speed with the EFFIE. I could only see how I was adjusting the 2000 by installing a AFR Meter. I opened(richer) up the 2000 until the AFR meter started to show a richer mix, then backed it off until it stayed at usual setting. I was trying to see how much I could "richen" it up with vapors befor it was too much. I had tried for months to keep the 2000 lean but only saw about 10% increase.
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2008 06:16 PM by rpatzer.)
04-10-2008 02:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rags Offline

RE: Vaporizer 2000
rpatzer,
Do you find using a vaporizer works better than putting the acetone in the gas tank? I was debating wether to put one on my car or just keep putting 3 oz in the tank for every 10 gallons of gas. Some place I read that an EFIE is not necessary using acetone for an additive.
Rags
04-10-2008 03:34 PM
rpatzer Offline

I think the 2000 gives me most of that increase. The acetone does help, but I wouldn't do w/o the 2000. I can do more tests w & w/o acetone. The EFIE is only supposed to work with some modifier. The 2000 allows me to increase the vapor to the intake. Acetone won't do that, it only works on "cracking" the fuel. It was only by making the 2000 supply more vapor that I got that increase. My theory was to make the mixture as rich as I could with 2000 vapors before it started to show too rich on the AFR meter, i.e. before the computer registered too rich. Acetone wouldn't do that. I do think acetone helped to combust this different mix.
04-10-2008 06:22 PM
Rags Offline

rpatzer Wrote:My best results with this vaporizer is 20% increase with acetone. This is on a 97 Jeep Sport 4 cyl. This is LA freeway test. It went from 21 mgp to 25 mpg. I have an EFIE, but not hooked up at this time. I had to get smoged. I will put it back on. I also had trouble at idle and slow speed with the EFFIE. I could only see how I was adjusting the 2000 by installing a AFR Meter. I opened(richer) up the 2000 until the AFR meter started to show a richer mix, then backed it off until it stayed at usual setting. I was trying to see how much I could "richen" it up with vapors befor it was too much. I had tried for months to keep the 2000 lean but only saw about 10% increase.

rpatzer Wrote:I think the 2000 gives me most of that increase. The acetone does help, but I wouldn't do w/o the 2000. I can do more tests w & w/o acetone. The EFIE is only supposed to work with some modifier. The 2000 allows me to increase the vapor to the intake. Acetone won't do that, it only works on "cracking" the fuel. It was only by making the 2000 supply more vapor that I got that increase. My theory was to make the mixture as rich as I could with 2000 vapors before it started to show too rich on the AFR meter, i.e. before the computer registered too rich. Acetone wouldn't do that. I do think acetone helped to combust this different mix.

Exactly what is this 2000 you talk about, I don't think I have heard of it.
Rags
04-10-2008 06:25 PM
rpatzer Offline

Sorry Rgas- didn't see you-
Vaporizer 2000
http://www.agsint.com/atom.shl

Vaporizer 5000
http://www.agsint.com/conden-app.htm

Vaporizer 7000
http://www.fuelconcepts.com/fs7000.htm

I am not sure if more vapor from these units is the answer. I think each unit can make more vapor then the car/computer can handle. I have the 2000 and after I install my EFIE, I am sure I will still have more vapor then I need. I have my unit open just a 1/3. Somewhere there has got to be a max for vapor. You need a minimum of liquid fuel.
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2008 01:12 PM by rpatzer.)
04-12-2008 12:57 PM
colchiro Offline

rpatzer Wrote:Sorry Rgas- didn't see you-
Vaporizer 2000

Vaporizer 5000

The website looks like it was made in the USA too, in someone's basement.Hmm

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
04-12-2008 01:09 PM
Rags Offline

rpatzer Wrote:Sorry Rgas- didn't see you-
Vaporizer 2000

Vaporizer 5000

Vaporizer 7000
http://www.fuelconcepts.com/fs7000.htm

I am not sure if more vapor from these units is the answer. I think each unit can make more vapor then the car/computer can handle. I have the 2000 and after I install my EFIE, I am sure I will still have more vapor then I need. I have my unit open just a 1/3. Somewhere there has got to be a max for vapor. You need a minimum of liquid fuel.
Ok I reconize it now, I had one of those maybe 5 years ago, put it on my Lincoln TC. Could never get it to work like it was advertised. The one I had just connected to the gas line and pulled fuel from that. There was not a seperate canister for any other additive. I still have pieces of it laying around somewhere.
Rags
04-12-2008 01:33 PM
bandit354 Offline

I was thinking about purchasing one of these fuel vaporizer for my truck and using it with hho. I see that there are four models they offer the 2000, 3000 no sludge chamber, 5000, and the 7000 which one do you think would be the best for a 3 liter V-6 Toyota.
04-13-2008 11:10 AM
Rags Offline

bandit354 Wrote:I was thinking about purchasing one of these fuel vaporizer for my truck and using it with hho. I see that there are four models they offer the 2000, 3000 no sludge chamber, 5000, and the 7000 which one do you think would be the best for a 3 liter V-6 Toyota.

I had the 2000 several years ago and it didn't do anything, so I don't know if it works or not.
Rags
04-13-2008 01:48 PM
rpatzer Offline

bandit345- I think all 4 models do basically the same thing- vaporize gasoline. And I think all of them can vaporize more gas than the system can handle. I have the Vaporizer 2000. It has the jar on it for oil blowby sludge. I have had it on the Jeep 97, 6cyl for 2 years and the oil barely covers the bottom of the jar. I also have only had the vaporizer open about 1/4. There is plenty more to go. The trick, w/o the EFIE, is to use an AFR meter to determine when it is getting too rich. I also have a SG and it is quite useless as it measures only instant gas milage. There are too many variable on the road to get an accurate measurement of richness/leaness based on milage. The AFR meter will be your best indicator. I have consistently gotten about 10-20% increase with the vaporizer alone. I have yet to hook up my EFIE and make it work.
I would not combine the vaporizer with any HHO system. You are being redundant here. Both units put out plenty of vapor.
04-13-2008 06:51 PM