Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Vaporizer 2000
Rags Offline

RE: Vaporizer 2000
cstmwrks Wrote:
Rags Wrote:I didn't want to cut into the gas line of my car, so I thought I would just play around with the thing and see if I could make use of it in another way. Didn't work like I thought it would so I took it off and put it back on the shelf. I decided to just add the acetone to the gas tank like I do my wife's car.
Willing to take it apart and take photos of its guts?
Or let me take it apart?
Sure I'll take apart as far as I can, doesn't look like there is much there, I know the lever just works a needle valve, and the brass tube that comes out the bottom next to the sludge bowl doesn't have anything in the hole it screws into. The straight screw head I couldn't get loose easily so didn't mess with it, but will check closer. The brass barb tube holders just circulate so as air is sucked into one side it comes out the other side. I still think all of the vaporization takes place in the 4' tube before it goes into the intake.
04-20-2008 12:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rpatzer Offline

Rags- if it does, I don't think so, it really doesn't matter where it takes place. What those units provide is constant fuel source, pressure regulated and a cut-off valve when the car is turned off so it doesn't flood into the unit. And it will vaporize more fuel than the computer will handle. My AFR meter tells me when it is too rich, EFIE or no EFIE. I got my 20% increase with the EFIE not hooked up.
04-20-2008 12:58 PM
Rags Offline

Maybe that was the problem years ago when I first bought the 2000, I didn't have anything to tell me when it was running too rich, all I had to go by is adjusting the lever up or down on a trial and error basis. Maybe if I decide to cut into the gas line I will try again, but for now I want to see what I can do with the HHO.
04-20-2008 01:04 PM
Rags Offline

Ron
I tried to send you the photos, I had to send them one at a time because they so large, I received a notification that at least one could not be delivered. Did you get them?
04-21-2008 04:41 AM
rpatzer Offline

Rags Wrote:Ron
I tried to send you the photos, I had to send them one at a time because they so large, I received a notification that at least one could not be delivered. Did you get them?

Rags- can you show the photos here?
04-21-2008 08:05 AM
Rags Offline

rpatzer Wrote:

I don't think so, but if you can find the way to do it I will post them here.
04-21-2008 01:00 PM
Rags Offline

rpatzer Wrote:

Ron
I was able to get one photo to upload, but the other one wouldn't????
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2008 03:11 PM by Rags.)
04-21-2008 03:03 PM
kumaran Offline

Hi rpatzer,

rpatzer Wrote:I actually set mine so when it does slightly drip into the return line, I back it off so no gas is seen coming into the return line. I have made a vaporizer out of a mason jar, but the problem was sourcing the fuel intake. This unit takes care of those issues. I get plenty of vapor w/o gas going through the hose.
Before, I just put some gas in a jar, hooked up an intake & exhaust, hooked it up to the manifold vaccum, and bubbled air through it with a control valve on the air. But I didn't have a constant source of fuel. It worked but it wasn't automated. This unit does all that.

I did the same as you did except air into mason jar comes from outside and not from pcv valve or exhaust. The setup did gave me about 20% to 30% fuel consumption reduction. Sourcing for fresh fuel into mason jar was my major problem. At one time I was thinking of pulling the vapor direct from fuel tank cap but later drop the idea.

Fuel bubbler needs fresh fuel everytime. Vaporizer 2000 should solve this problem. Also the air should come from PCV or exhaust and not directly from outside. If time permits, I'll try this method. For carburetored car with fuel bubbler, I can feel the engine runs longer after release the throttle. Helps more on cruising.

Good luck.

Regards,
Kumaran
(Knowledge without action is useless, action without knowledge is foolish)
04-28-2008 07:58 PM
snc22782 Offline

Are these units similar to the Hyco 2a that eagle reaserch is selling? Or are they completely different ideas?
05-02-2008 03:59 PM
Rags Offline

snc22782 Wrote:Are these units similar to the Hyco 2a that eagle reaserch is selling? Or are they completely different ideas?

From looking at the photo at Eagle Research, their unit is entirely different than the vaporizer 2000 that I bought years ago.
Rags
05-02-2008 04:15 PM