Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Video of my new generator setup
RDKamikaze Offline
Because Saving Gas Matters

Video of my new generator setup
Hello everyone! I just modified my HHO generator setup to accomodate for the use of NaOH, and I thought I would post a video of it to see what everyone thinks. I'm running it with a little under 1/4 tsp. of NaOH (video says hydrogen peroxide, mybad!) per ~30oz. Enjoy!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nmU2s1qHDVM

Again, I meant to say I'm using sodium hydroxide, NOT hydrogen peroxide!!

My Car:
2006 Toyota Solara 2.4L 4cyl.
-Aftermarket (JPP) header
-DNX exhaust
-Injen Short-Ram Intake (SRI)

Add yourself to the HHO member map!!
07-16-2008 09:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rwhit Offline

RE: Video of my new generator setup
Hey RDK everything looks good to me, the gens should stay cool in that location but I would put some fine screen wire or something in front of the glass to keep rocks or other debri from breaking the glass.
07-17-2008 04:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RDKamikaze Offline

Thanks for that, rwhit. I took off my front grill (looks like the top grill) to display the kit, so no worries! Thanks for the friendly reminder, though, and yes it does stay very cool. My other setup under the hood running baking soda ran SOO hot and water would always be evaporating. Barely can even touch it, whereas now I can and it's barely lukewarm. Is it alright that the top of the jars are touching the A/C cooler? It's right in front of the radiator, but after the 10-minute drive, still remains to be descently cool.

My Car:
-DNX exhaust

07-17-2008 07:40 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
texasdanml430 Offline

nice video. good work.

i dont know, though, with the low efficiency w4g type wire generator and going to full manifold vacuum, looks like water mist injection to me??? but hey what do i know???
07-17-2008 02:42 PM
RDKamikaze Offline

Dan, you're probably right. That's why I'm working on creating a better, more efficient system. Either way, it's increased my miles to the gallon, so I won't complain with that! Smile

My Car:
-DNX exhaust

07-17-2008 06:15 PM
colchiro Offline

texasdanml430 Wrote:nice video. good work.

i dont know, though, with the low efficiency w4g type wire generator and going to full manifold vacuum, looks like water mist injection to me??? but hey what do i know???
I was thinking the same thing. I'd turn down the vacuum a bit.

If you want water injection, I'd use plain water.Wink

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
07-17-2008 07:00 PM
rudagray Offline
Collaboration is the Key to Success!

Nice work, what is the gain in mpg?
I have a Corolla and plan to have something installed within the next couple of weeks.

Did you do anything with oxygen sensor or just temp reading of MAF you stated in your first video?

Also I don't think you are using a w4g wire generator as another member mentioned, but the lid design does appear to be w4g. you stated SS bolts...I might try SS bolts with washers that I recently saw, but I have a wire tower in parts and also a SS mesh generator design to try as well...
07-17-2008 08:13 PM
RDKamikaze Offline

Thanks for the reccomendation rudagray, but I've been working on building a better setup already. The next one is going to model MR. G's cell format, and have a spacing of about 5mm? That's what I'm aiming for, but it's VERY hard to bend 16ga SS plates...

Rick, how would I go about turning down the vaccum for the PCV valve? I had no idea that I could...?

My Car:
-DNX exhaust

07-18-2008 12:06 PM
colchiro Offline

RDK, do you have a valve on your cell that lets in air? If so, that could be turned more closed.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
07-18-2008 02:16 PM