Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Volo chips
Can u "Hemi" now? Offline

RE: Volo chips
(11-16-2009 06:59 PM)Gary Wrote:  I'm considering it myself, as it sounds like something realistic in the manner it deals with the ECU, which is NOT set for optimal performance. I'd sure like to see some more testimonials first; I can't really afford it unless it works.

Hey there Gary, I was a skeptic at first too and then I found some testimonials online that stated they had good gains as well. I was not wanting to shell out $90 for a POC resistor (which unfortunately I have done). This actually works and have a few people at work and my neighbors are wanting to get it. (Now that they know it works...LOL) I would say this is definately a good way to start for better MPG. This is my 3rd tank of gas now...and I'm getting right at 370 miles(90% city) instead of the 330 max I use to get. Hope this helps you out man. Have a blessed week! Smile
11-16-2009 07:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gary Offline

You are one of 2-3 people not selling them that seem to have results and I have found through many keyword searches for "results" "reviews" and the like, several who are ticked off at Volo. Including one who put his car on a dyno and it did better with the chip off than on, and Beamer guys who say NO chip works on Beemers. (no surprise there tho)
I'll wait until more people chime in, especially with Chevy's. Evidently this is a new product and there aren't many unbiased testimonials like yours.
11-16-2009 07:22 PM
gerber Offline

15.9 to 21.5 with the volo-fs2 and cell but i havent determined if its the chip at all because i didnt see any gains until i installed o2 extenders.
The Trouble now is the gains are only seen while the check engine light is on. If i clear it for one start up and test run the gains drop. check engine only came on after i put in the extenders.
more testing needed...
(This post was last modified: 11-26-2009 09:17 PM by gerber.)
11-26-2009 09:02 PM
Gary Offline

Good Call. Keep us posted and try to stay consistent in the driving style. If the chip works, you won't have to "force" it to give you a return on your $90.00.
11-26-2009 11:19 PM
gerber Offline

second test 90 miles at highway speed, flat land.
20 mpg , not complaining!!
although check engine light is still on...
11-30-2009 09:29 PM
Ryanrpm Offline

(11-30-2009 09:29 PM)gerber Wrote:  second test 90 miles at highway speed, flat land.

Keep giving us updates bro. I'm keeping my eye on this chip for my Tundra....

Purchased! The AquaThrustPlus. Installed on my engine: Tundra 4.7L

[Image: f_emp3hbpw24tm_bcf4d7d.jpg] [Image: f_d32qa8uwm_b9baaff.jpg]

My next mods: Envalve, Vapor Assist.
12-12-2009 09:23 AM
Ryanrpm Offline

(12-12-2009 09:23 AM)Ryanrpm Wrote:  
(11-30-2009 09:29 PM)gerber Wrote:  second test 90 miles at highway speed, flat land.

Keep giving us updates bro. I'm keeping my eye on this chip for my Tundra....

I was blessed to receive some spending money from my wife this Christmas, so the Volo chip was on my list to purchase. So the other day I went ahead and purchased it. I'll post results in due time...

Purchased! The AquaThrustPlus. Installed on my engine: Tundra 4.7L

[Image: f_emp3hbpw24tm_bcf4d7d.jpg] [Image: f_d32qa8uwm_b9baaff.jpg]

My next mods: Envalve, Vapor Assist.
12-31-2009 07:52 AM
Gary Offline

Gerber, I'm sorry but I think you're disqualified for testing!!!
I recently bought a 2000 Taurus with the 3.0 six cylinder and it got 14.7mpg local at first. Halo plugs, new wires, oil clean and change to synthetic oil, cleaned MAF, cleaned intake plenum, ran seafoam thru tank, and got mileage up to 20 city, 28 hwy.
So your much lighter pickup should be doing much better right off, so I'd be checking the coil resistances, plugs and wires, tire pressures and so forth before calling a baseline.
Oh, and it really likes the halo plugs - $8 ea. for a noticable difference in mileage. I just can't believe the wife talked me into a dang FORD!!! Hmm
12-31-2009 10:10 AM
gerber Offline

(12-31-2009 10:10 AM)Gary Wrote:  Gerber, I'm sorry but I think you're disqualified for testing!!!
I recently bought a 2000 Taurus with the 3.0 six cylinder and it got 14.7mpg local at first. Halo plugs, new wires, oil clean and change to synthetic oil, cleaned MAF, cleaned intake plenum, ran seafoam thru tank, and got mileage up to 20 city, 28 hwy.
So your much lighter pickup should be doing much better right off, so I'd be checking the coil resistances, plugs and wires, tire pressures and so forth before calling a baseline.
Oh, and it really likes the halo plugs - $8 ea. for a noticable difference in mileage. I just can't believe the wife talked me into a dang FORD!!! Hmm
How does this disqualify me???
My truck has rough tires on it for the snow which kills the mileage. it has new wires and plugs ,but normal plugs, and normal tire pressure.
i gave the base mileage for my truck not Yours!! look at the specs on Rangers 99 on up, the mpg sucks bad on all of them, gearing maybe. 15.9 to 21.5 is good to me but not great, i agree it should be better, and maybe it needs some other thing tuned up.
12-31-2009 10:50 AM
Gary Offline

How does this disqualify me???
My truck has rough tires on it for the snow which kills the mileage. it has new wires and plugs ,but normal plugs, and normal tire pressure.
i gave the base mileage for my truck not Yours!! look at the specs on Rangers 99 on up, the mpg sucks bad on all of them, gearing maybe. 15.9 to 21.5 is good to me but not great, i agree it should be better, and maybe it needs some other thing tuned up.
[/quote]

Easy dawg, we're not serious here! I had a ranger long ago, but it was a 4 and got 22...but it wouldn't get out of it's own way, either. I did expect you'd get much better with a six tho. You're right about the tires: they drain off a lot and are heavier to move.
12-31-2009 04:33 PM