Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Volo chips
bsmart Offline

RE: Volo chips
waterboy1 - did you purchase the FS-1 or the FS-2 for HHO ??
(11-26-2009 09:02 PM)gerber Wrote:  15.9 to 21.5 with the volo-fs2 and cell but i havent determined if its the chip at all because i didnt see any gains until i installed o2 extenders.
The Trouble now is the gains are only seen while the check engine light is on. If i clear it for one start up and test run the gains drop. check engine only came on after i put in the extenders.
more testing needed...

I had the same problem with O2 extenders installed........CEL came on repeatedly. I tried 2 different lengths of extenders, but got the same end result......CEL and NO gain in mpg's. Sooo I took that stuff out and went back to stock setup for now.
I am considering getting a FS-2 fuel saver chip though.
(This post was last modified: 03-17-2010 09:46 AM by bsmart.)
03-17-2010 09:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
geno Offline

I been looking at the volo site and noticed they have for performance the VP12 and the VP11. The FS2 HHO Edition and the FS1 Gas Saver. They don't show the FS3.1 Fuel Saver but it could be that it is what you get when you order the FS1?? On the site it says if you are having problems with your FS1 you can send it in for a free upgrade minus shipping.
You go to eBay (Volo Gas Saver Chips) over 4000 different cars or (Volo Performance Chips) over 4000 different cars they make it for but you wont find a FS1 listed there only the new FS3.1.
On the bottom of the page they don't want neutral or neg feedback. If it doesn't work they say they will refund your money.
In two months I go back to MN (1800 miles)and I will purchase one to see if it does work. What I have been doing is contacting people that have purchased volo of the yr and model of cars I would to install on and hopping they respond. Not a lot of luck yet. I need to give them more time for them to try it out.
I might get one for a car here in FL, but for sure the GMC going to MN. 1800 miles should be a good test for it..

The Volo site is http://yhst-19807630266082.stores.yahoo.net/

eBay MOTORS Volo Fuel/Gas Saver is http://motors.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=...3D1&_rdc=1
I hope this helps someone.
Geno
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2010 09:30 AM by geno.)
03-26-2010 05:17 PM
abe Offline

OK; I broke down and bought a volo chip for my car last week.
I ordered the FS1 but got FS1.2 with Rev 4.3 Firmware.Looks nothing like the picture.The one they showed was blue the one they sent was black.
Wasn't hard to hook up but the wires had to be made longer to fit my car.
After removing my cell my car has gone back to 13mpg city.
I've replaced the spark plugs and oxygen sensors.
I don't drive many miles in it a week.But so far I don't see any Improvement in gas millage.I'm watching the scan gauge haven't seen any difference in the reading yet.
The lights do blink on and off like the instructions say.I'm starting to wonder if the chip is fooling the ECU or me.Well I leave it on for a couple of months and report back if it helps.
(This post was last modified: 03-28-2010 06:02 AM by abe.)
03-28-2010 06:02 AM
albi1cnobi1 Offline

Rolleyes RE: Volo chips
(03-28-2010 06:02 AM)abe Wrote:  OK; I broke down and bought a volo chip for my car last week.
I ordered the FS1 but got FS1.2 with Rev 4.3 Firmware.Looks nothing like the picture.The one they showed was blue the one they sent was black.
Wasn't hard to hook up but the wires had to be made longer to fit my car.
After removing my cell my car has gone back to 13mpg city.
I've replaced the spark plugs and oxygen sensors.
I don't drive many miles in it a week.But so far I don't see any Improvement in gas millage.I'm watching the scan gauge haven't seen any difference in the reading yet.
The lights do blink on and off like the instructions say.I'm starting to wonder if the chip is fooling the ECU or me.Well I leave it on for a couple of months and report back if it helps.

Hey Guys,

I toyed with the idea of buying the Volo FS-2 HHO Edition for some time. I have a self built dry cell based on the Punch HHO 3.0 design and I was having some issues with consistent mileage gains. I finally picked up the digital quad EFIE from fuel saver-mpg and since have gone from approx. 16mpg/city to about 19/city. I haven't had a chance to check hwy mileage yet. I decided that $90 was a small price to pay for research so I broke down and ordered the Volo chip. I've decided to do 2 tests, 1 with the EFIE installed and 1 without. My baseline mpg's without HHO were about the same as before - 16 mpg. HHO on - no EFIE - 13 mpg. HHO on - EFIE on - 18mpg. HHO on, EFIE off w/ Volo chip, no results at first. But as their web site an instructions say it may take about 120 miles to settle in. Well lo and behold at about 130 miles my mileage leveled off at 22mpg. I gave it 1 more tank full to check and still at 22.5 mpg. Now we're slammed at work so the trials are on hold. Next I hope to try with HHO and EFIE with the chip to see if it gets better or worse. I'll post any results when I have them. I was skeptical of the claims as well, but ran it across a friend of mine who races and he said he hadn't heard of this particular chip but some of his buddies in the racing circuit use similar chips in their diesel tow rigs for better throttle response and such. If I continue to post positive results the guys at volo will have made a believer out of me. Good luck with your rigs and hope to post more results soon.

Thanks, Al
03-29-2010 05:15 AM
Gary Offline

I have a neighbor who's son is a programmer; they use laptops and programs to change maps in racers, and he told his son about my desire to check into some of the aftermarket programmers for my V-8. He said not to waste my money; most of them are for power and would get very little in the way of FE - and the 2 that are for FE (Volo and the XS tuner) can't possibly do very much at all and still stay within stochiometric ranges, which is why some of the guys get CEL lights on with the Volo; it's trying to work, but is in illegal country and won't pass emissions.
I don't know if I posted it or not, but I looked into consumer reports and epinions and couldn't find any info at all: red flag.
03-29-2010 05:30 AM
bsmart Offline

Hey Guys,

I toyed with the idea of buying the Volo FS-2 HHO Edition for some time. I have a self built dry cell based on the Punch HHO 3.0 design and I was having some issues with consistent mileage gains. I finally picked up the digital quad EFIE from fuel saver-mpg and since have gone from approx. 16mpg/city to about 19/city. I haven't had a chance to check hwy mileage yet. I decided that $90 was a small price to pay for research so I broke down and ordered the Volo chip. I've decided to do 2 tests, 1 with the EFIE installed and 1 without. My baseline mpg's without HHO were about the same as before - 16 mpg. HHO on - no EFIE - 13 mpg. HHO on - EFIE on - 18mpg. HHO on, EFIE off w/ Volo chip, no results at first. But as their web site an instructions say it may take about 120 miles to settle in. Well lo and behold at about 130 miles my mileage leveled off at 22mpg. I gave it 1 more tank full to check and still at 22.5 mpg. Now we're slammed at work so the trials are on hold. Next I hope to try with HHO and EFIE with the chip to see if it gets better or worse. I'll post any results when I have them. I was skeptical of the claims as well, but ran it across a friend of mine who races and he said he hadn't heard of this particular chip but some of his buddies in the racing circuit use similar chips in their diesel tow rigs for better throttle response and such. If I continue to post positive results the guys at volo will have made a believer out of me. Good luck with your rigs and hope to post more results soon.

Thanks, Al
[/quote]

What vehicle are you using the Volo chip in? I've sent them a request about vehicle applications for my SUV's, but haven't received a reply yet. I am contemplating a purchase as well, but want to hear back from them on this first.
03-30-2010 03:42 AM
albi1cnobi1 Offline

(03-30-2010 03:42 AM)bsmart Wrote:  Hey Guys,

Thanks, Al

What vehicle are you using the Volo chip in? I've sent them a request about vehicle applications for my SUV's, but haven't received a reply yet. I am contemplating a purchase as well, but want to hear back from them on this first.
[/quote]

Hey bsmart,
It's installed on my SUV as a matter of fact. My vehicle is a 1999 Mercury Mountaineer 4.0 SOHC V-6. So far that would be my only complaint about the company, they are a little slow answering e-mails. They have always answered me, but it usually takes at least a full day, sometimes two. They have been very helpful with all my questions and such. If you want to know anything else, let me know.
Al
03-30-2010 05:45 AM
bsmart Offline

[/quote]

Hey bsmart,
It's installed on my SUV as a matter of fact. My vehicle is a 1999 Mercury Mountaineer 4.0 SOHC V-6. So far that would be my only complaint about the company, they are a little slow answering e-mails. They have always answered me, but it usually takes at least a full day, sometimes two. They have been very helpful with all my questions and such. If you want to know anything else, let me know.
Al
[/quote]

Al, ............yeah, I got an answer back from them this AM after a couple of days wait. That's acceptable. But, then I had a follow-up question about the new FS-3.1 and I'm waiting to hear back from them on that.
I'd be very interested to hear and see more on this 'thread' about your actual mpg results as you continue your field testing and experimenting. I'm planning on using the volo chip in my 1999 Trooper when I get all my questions answered.
03-30-2010 09:12 AM
abe Offline

OK, it's been a week now and we drove 184 miles,to fill the tank back up took 13 gallons.So I guess I got 14.9 mpg.That may not sound good to some, but I usually get 13 mpg on my jeep.Also keep in mind I'm told to drive 120 miles before checking millage.Check it again and let you know how that goes.
Abe
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2010 03:51 PM by abe.)
04-03-2010 03:50 PM
abe Offline

Well it been a week now scents I last check my gas millage.This week we drove 98 miles in town (Shopping). I filed the tank back up today,all I could get in the tank was 4.8 gallons.Wow that was 20 mpg. Now that might not sound like much to some of you.But for a car that was getting 13 mpg that's a big improvement. For now I'm impressed with the chip.I'll still keep a eye on it for a couple of weeks and see if keeps getting 20 mpg. If this keeps up I might keep this Jeep.
04-09-2010 06:19 PM