Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Vortex on Channel 12 news- results 12% gain
rudagray Offline
Collaboration is the Key to Success!

Vortex on Channel 12 news- results 12% gain
http://www.news12.com/NJ/topstories/article?id=217277

Anyone know more about this ~$400 thing, going to research further myself, but thought I'd post.

Magnets? seperating H2 and O2 in the air? Confused

Claims by inventor are up to 25% gains.

Sorry tried link from work and It looks like you need to provide more info to see- I suppose at home it got my IP and had no issues to enter the site...

Always remember there is a fine line between genius and insanity, so don't cross it.
Wile E. Coyote never learned and he was a SUPER GENIUS! Roadrunner made him insane.
If all great minds thought alike, we'd get nowhere, the differences can make us all prosper.
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2008 07:00 AM by rudagray.)
09-09-2008 10:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rudagray Offline

RE: Vortex on Channel 12 news- results 12% gain
Manufacturers site- http://vortexfuelsaver.com/
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2008 07:34 AM by rudagray.)
09-10-2008 07:32 AM
howiemandel Offline

wow these guys show NOOOOOOOOOthing on the site.
Magnets will make an HHO using car, PING. whats that tell you?
09-10-2008 10:56 AM
rudagray Offline

howiemandel Wrote:wow these guys show NOOOOOOOOOthing on the site.
Magnets will make an HHO using car, PING. whats that tell you?

The videos on Channel 12 show 4 blue air supply magnets and 4 green fuel line supply magnets to be connected to the car, but beyond that who knows what else they may be doing to the car, but do say you can remove it and use it on your next car...

Can you elaborate on PING and why you say that would occur?

Always remember there is a fine line between genius and insanity, so don't cross it.
Wile E. Coyote never learned and he was a SUPER GENIUS! Roadrunner made him insane.
If all great minds thought alike, we'd get nowhere, the differences can make us all prosper.
09-11-2008 05:19 AM
howiemandel Offline

mmm. ping. I believe it creates a "lean" effect. SO using hho, if we are enrichin' it, then a magnetic coil would lean it out. I dont know, i'll share more info and video when its done.
09-11-2008 06:48 AM
Gary Offline

using HHO, you lean an engine due to all the oxygen overload you're putting in it.
09-11-2008 05:27 PM
howiemandel Offline

Gary Wrote:using HHO, you lean an engine due to all the oxygen overload you're putting in it.

Thats what they say. However, I dont get why millions of people, adding HHO, are leaning their motors even more, with electronics, when they are leaning it with hho.

I respect you Gary. I do. And I sure as hell dont want to argue with you, (i've seen your picture, lol) But, im just like, in the dark anymore about HHO leaning/rich h2 only, add this, take that out. I think there is more to it.
09-11-2008 05:47 PM
Gary Offline

Yes, but it's simple. You are leaning, or as seen by the o2 sensor, leaning the fuel with HHO. The computer does what it's designed to do and enrichens the mixture, negating the gains you would have made with the lean mix of gas and HHO. So you attack the sensors in order to fool the ECU into thinking the mix is okay or rich so that it leans it back out instead of enrichening it.
We are still learning and don't have all the facts.

Enter h2: no o2 going in, no need to fool anything. The part I have trouble understanding is why it works at under 100ml/min. or thereabouts (Barry is doing great at 50!) while with HHO you need so very much more, even though so much of it is o2. I'm told it's not a fuel; it acts as a catalyst on the fuel you're using (gas). While I can understand this, I don't see why it is so different with o2.
My truck is finally getting some preliminary gains on it (and NOT on HHO), but I've just started experimenting.
My best guess is that the o2 is doing far more damage to the process than we think.
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2008 02:49 PM by Gary.)
09-12-2008 02:46 PM
VortexLou Offline

The Vortex Fuel Saver (http://www.VortexFuelSaver.com) has nothing to do with HHO, though from user reports, it enhances the MPG gains for cars using HHO.

It also does NOT cause pinging, but in fact, eliminates pinging, even with cars going from premium to regular gas, there is no pinging.

Quite surprised at the statement there is nothing on the web site, as there are academic studies that state magnets work, real world customers data and testimonials with contact info and even a rebuttal to the EPA testing of fuel saving devices, as well as brochures which show the magnets and where they are installed.

Regards,
Lou Elwell
President
Vortex Fluid Optimizer, manufacturer of the Vortex Fuel Saver
01-07-2009 08:04 AM
Gary Offline

A few points. The H2 is still under experimentation, awaiting a larger unit, as the 340ml/min amount didn't work.
The Vortex is a pretty site. I just went to the one link that should tell me what I need to know: "How it works".
Guess what pagefull of gobbledygook I encountered did NOT say how it works? Easy to sprinkle a little truth in something and make it seem plausible while distracting the reader from the core issue.
Funny also how many negative posts you can find debunking magnets and this stuff too. So what am I to think? I'm not going to spend much energy or time on this though; too much going on elsewhere with technology in hand.
OTOH, I could spend the night writing "testimonials". Which is why I place no credence in them
When someone from this site that I know puts one on a V-8 and gets real-world results, someone who allready knows how to hypermile, and is not prone to subconscious hypermiling and/or placebo effect, I'll consider believing, but after so many internet hoaxes (that get more sophisticated daily) I remain skeptical.
And if you think you can put a magnet on a steel fuel line and create a magnetic field on the inside of it, I'd like to sell you some bridges. I'm not saying that paraffin base fuels with nonferrous lines would not activate with magnetism though.
01-07-2009 09:15 AM