Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
WIDEBAND EFIE MADE AWARE BEFORE PURCHASE
hygear Offline

WIDEBAND EFIE MADE AWARE BEFORE PURCHASE
I see a few people buying Mike's efie's,not knowing they have wideband sensors.I feel that there should be a clearly bold type statement that narrowband efie's WILL NOT WORK on wideband sensors.I looked on the ad page and there is a not clearly marked statement regarding testing for wideband before you buy and install the unit and then find out it won't work.This matter has been very frustrating to buyers thinking it will work on their vehicles.
Mike do you think a CLEARLY BOLD PRINT marked statement would be prudent to have esspecially inexperienced diyers not make the mistake of buying something they can't use?
They're many of us here that have wideband and some that don't know any better that purchase an efie only to find out that it is totally useless to them.
Sorry for the attention brought to this issue but I think itshould be clearly marked and with instructions how to test for wideband sensors BEFORE YOU BUY.

2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quadcab 4x4 5.7 hemi
09-19-2008 12:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: WIDEBAND EFIE MADE AWARE BEFORE PURCHASE
Maybe so. I have a link to the page, What Do I Need To Know About My Oxygen Sensor? (which covers the 2 types in detail) on the details page for each of our EFIE models in our store, but it could probably be made more clear. The trouble is getting people to actually read the article.

By the way, after talking to George Wiseman, the EFIEs may well work with AFR sensors. I've just never seen it tried yet. Apparently you just have to turn the EFIE voltage way down, like 50 mv (as in .050 volts), which is much much lower than the settings used for narrow band sensors.

George says this is working. I'd like to see some guys here on the forum that have access to an EFIE and a wide band AFR sensor to try this. Any takers?

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2008 11:19 AM by mike.)
09-21-2008 11:17 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hygear Offline

mike Wrote:Maybe so. I have a link to the page, What Do I Need To Know About My Oxygen Sensor? (which covers the 2 types in detail) on the details page for each of our EFIE models in our store, but it could probably be made more clear. The trouble is getting people to actually read the article.

By the way, after talking to George Wiseman, the EFIEs may well work with AFR sensors. I've just never seen it tried yet. Apparently you just have to turn the EFIE voltage way down, like 50 mv (as in .050 volts), which is much much lower than the settings used for narrow band sensors.

George says this is working. I'd like to see some guys here on the forum that have access to an EFIE and a wide band AFR sensor to try this. Any takers?

Thanks for the reply and as you have stated in your first sentence "it could probably be made more clear" as I believe it should. If you would like some suggestions, I would be happy to help. Please contact me and I will let you know what I think could improve your details page.

09-21-2008 02:13 PM
mtnhillsman Offline

Well, if anybody's interested (since it looks like this is an older post), I have an 05 altima which has a wideband sensor. I had ordered an EFIE from eagle research before knowing it was a wideband.

Anyway, i hooked it up to the correct wire and have been testing with my electrolyser. My mpg remains the same (if not slightly lower). Interesting comment to try it at only 50 mv. Ill have to try that tomorrow.

Its hooked up now so any suggestions or questions let me know. Im looking for a wideband EFIE. I found one here:

http://www.sportairfilter.com/index.phtm...mek_id=684

anybody try one of these?? this project has turned into a money pit i just dont wanna spend any more until i know ill have results.
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2008 05:42 PM by mtnhillsman.)
11-24-2008 05:40 PM
colchiro Offline

Wow, $129? Bet you can buy one from Mike in a few weeks for closer to half that.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
11-24-2008 06:18 PM
hygear Offline

HMMMM How long did it take to dig that thread up and knock the dust off it? I thought it a dead thread almost 2 months ago.Shouda just started a new one.

11-25-2008 02:32 PM