Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Warning do not wire your cell to Ignition switch.
learntcm Offline

Warning do not wire your cell to Ignition switch.
A warning message to all HHO installers. Please do not wire your cell to your ignition switch. I just had a very serious explosion and luckily no one was hurt. I had my cell producing around 1 litre per minute wired to ignition switch and few days back as I was messing around with other parts of the car, I left the ignition switch on for about 5 mins with out the engine running, all that time my cell was running and producing HHO and because I had the HHO fed to my air filter, it naturally filled the air filter with HHO. When I went to start the car, it back fired and made a such a loud explosion that it was heard 200 mitres away. It blew of my air filter in to bits and luckily no one was at the front otherwise the flying bits of the air filter would have caused some serious injuries.

Since I learned that it’s so easy to wire the cell so that it will only run when the engine is running and not with the ignition switch.

If you have an older vehicle you can take a power supply to your relay from the alternator. On alternator you have 2 or 3 wires and one of them is only live when the alternator is turning, so please wire in to there.

On Modern cars they have an electric fuel pump and this electric fuel pump has a fuse and one side of that fuse is live only when the engine is running please wire in to there.

If you need further help please email me.

[font=Arial][/font]
(This post was last modified: 06-10-2010 04:47 PM by learntcm.)
06-10-2010 04:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: Warning do not wire your cell to Ignition switch.
Yes! Yes! Yes! Pay heed to this point!

There's also an article about this. Please see: Important: Minimum Safety Circuitry for HHO Installs

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2010 09:58 AM by mike.)
06-11-2010 09:57 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
learntcm Offline

You are most welcome. There is plenty to learn and help is always on hand.
Wish you the best.
(06-16-2010 02:46 AM)brendar7639 Wrote:  Hi, I am a new member of forum. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guys!!!

[font=Arial][/font]
(This post was last modified: 06-16-2010 09:13 AM by mike.)
06-16-2010 03:36 AM
ccp Offline

As in anything, you need to pay attention and avoid stupid mistakes. .You are lucky that all your wiring didn't catch fire,! with or without an HHO Gen. come on , man Be careful!.
(06-10-2010 04:22 PM)learntcm Wrote:  A warning message to all HHO installers. Please do not wire your cell to your ignition switch. I just had a very serious explosion and luckily no one was hurt. I had my cell producing around 1 litre per minute wired to ignition switch and few days back as I was messing around with other parts of the car, I left the ignition switch on for about 5 mins with out the engine running, all that time my cell was running and producing HHO and because I had the HHO fed to my air filter, it naturally filled the air filter with HHO. When I went to start the car, it back fired and made a such a loud explosion that it was heard 200 mitres away. It blew of my air filter in to bits and luckily no one was at the front otherwise the flying bits of the air filter would have caused some serious injuries.

Since I learned that it’s so easy to wire the cell so that it will only run when the engine is running and not with the ignition switch.

If you have an older vehicle you can take a power supply to your relay from the alternator. On alternator you have 2 or 3 wires and one of them is only live when the alternator is turning, so please wire in to there.

On Modern cars they have an electric fuel pump and this electric fuel pump has a fuse and one side of that fuse is live only when the engine is running please wire in to there.

07-12-2010 09:26 AM
mike Offline

These are good tips CCD. Once again, see Important: Minimum Safety Circuitry for HHO Installs. It will show you diagrams that show you how to use a relay from a low voltage source to safely control your HHO cell.

We will be offering a relay box in our store for this purpose very soon.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
07-12-2010 11:28 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NanoCar Offline
Driving makes me Crazy

(06-10-2010 04:22 PM)learntcm Wrote:  A warning message to all HHO installers. Please do not wire your cell to your ignition switch. I just had a very serious explosion and luckily no one was hurt. I had my cell producing around 1 litre per minute wired to ignition switch and few days back as I was messing around with other parts of the car, I left the ignition switch on for about 5 mins with out the engine running, all that time my cell was running and producing HHO and because I had the HHO fed to my air filter, it naturally filled the air filter with HHO. When I went to start the car, it back fired and made a such a loud explosion that it was heard 200 mitres away. It blew of my air filter in to bits and luckily no one was at the front otherwise the flying bits of the air filter would have caused some serious injuries.

does it also have to do with Ignition Wire Set (I found a good description but I think the price is too much.. )? I mean if were talking about the ignition then this should be included too? what do you think?
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2010 06:44 PM by NanoCar.)
10-09-2010 01:50 AM
frodo2222 Offline

Hi There:

Appreciate your comment due to that was my question today! I was about to wire things up today for my new cell:-)
I am a NEWBY and I don't understand if I need a relay switch If I have a carbutered diesel truck and I wire it from the alternator as you say, I do have a 20AMP fuse on the line so I'm not sure what/why the relay? Any help would be greatly appreciated it.
Also what electrolyte are you using? I see talk about use Baking Soda, Lye, vinegar etc and some say don't use Baking others not to use Lye! What's the best one that will keep unit in shape.

I'm hopping to improve my mileage by at least 40% on my f250 diesel to over 20 MPG on the town. I currently get 18 on the highway and 13 on the highway pulling my fifth wheel which weighs 8,000. Pounds!
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2010 06:52 AM by frodo2222.)
12-06-2010 06:44 AM
aver Offline

That was a very sound advice to those who are in the habit of messing around in the vehicles without knowing too much about it!! I have seen people wire their cell to the ignition switch and didn’t know it was so dangerous!! I will definitely pass this warning to all my friends who do their own “mechanical work” in the vehicles!!
(This post was last modified: 01-25-2011 10:53 PM by aver.)
12-17-2010 11:30 PM
pankaj444 Offline

ok i will keep this in mind that not wire cell to Ignition switch.

Viaddress
12-23-2010 12:46 AM