it is worth to read:
http://peswiki.com/index.php/Article:Hyd..._Installer
07-24-2008 10:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
stevekos7 Offline

RE: Warnings from HAFC installer
tangomar Wrote:it is worth to read:

Very sobering. It just reinforces that we need to be very careful and take our time with our private research and testing. My opinion is that nobody should be selling complete 'set and forget' kits. There are just too many vehicles out there that have individual quirks that need to be taken into account.

That doesn't mean that we shouldn't continue with our own tinkering, but we accept the risk that goes with it.

I am still at the cell construction phase of my project. I'm taking my time and will only install it when I have a fairly complete understanding of what I need to do and why. I'm not going to use my daily driver as a 'sacrificial lamb' to someone's wild guesses or exaggeraged claims.
07-24-2008 11:25 PM
nismotekk Offline

stevekos7 Wrote:
tangomar Wrote:it is worth to read:

Very sobering. It just reinforces that we need to be very careful and take our time with our private research and testing. My opinion is that nobody should be selling complete 'set and forget' kits. There are just too many vehicles out there that have individual quirks that need to be taken into account.

That doesn't mean that we shouldn't continue with our own tinkering, but we accept the risk that goes with it.

I am still at the cell construction phase of my project. I'm taking my time and will only install it when I have a fairly complete understanding of what I need to do and why. I'm not going to use my daily driver as a 'sacrificial lamb' to someone's wild guesses or exaggeraged claims.

I really believe that NO company is ready for market yet. I believe that it is still pretty much a DIY market right now. I would love to see that change(especially because i am good with my hands!:laughSmile
07-25-2008 02:47 AM
visek Offline

I'm mostly concerned with the effect of the electrolyte on various sensors and the alum parts in the engine.

Solutions?

* keep the concentration of electrolyte on the low side...maybe 1/8 tsp per qt...by using 1/8" or closer plate spacing?

* input the HHO using manifold vacuum (PCV line?) and a minor air bleed...keeping the gas away from sensors?

* use a top lube such a Marvel Mystery Oil or a 2 cycle oil to deposit a coating of oil on all engine surfaces?

* use a PCV type jar to catch any electrolyte that might get into the engine?

* use a copper line near the exhaust to keep any liquid vaporized?

* use a reliable one way valve AND a flame arrester to avoid any backflash?

* in cooler weather...keep the HHO OFF until the vehicle is running well?

I'm not afraid of the glass jars...need to wear protective glasses though.
07-25-2008 04:22 AM
tangomar Offline

Maybe we should compile a list of todo and not todo when dealing with these system.
A kind of checklist that everybody, even newbie, can compare their experience with.

Better play safe than any mpg gains.

Same applies to vendors. Maybe we should categorize them.
07-25-2008 07:12 AM
tesla Offline

Interesting...I agree that one cannot be too careful when working with corrosive and explosive chemicals but something doesn't ring quite right with either of those articles. Not sure if it's the author's style of writing or something more...

To whit: "One van is a 87 MiniVan and has no computer to fight us but it loses it mileage with in a week and we have to clean and renew its water and chemicals. It seems we are cracking the chemical not the water"

I humbly call bovine excrement...ALL "MiniVans" (note he doesn't specifiy a brand or model) were indeed computer equipped, unless someone tore out the fuel injection or computer controlled carb.

The second article references our bestest buddy Dennis "The Menace" Lee, um, 'nuff said. LOL

...same thing we do every night Pinky, plan to take over the world!
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2008 09:28 AM by tesla.)
07-25-2008 09:28 AM
RDKamikaze Offline
Because Saving Gas Matters

Yeah, those articles seem pretty shifty. The only thing I got out of all that was how to make a relay setup to where the generator is only on when the car is up and running! LOL!! Does anybody else think that setup would work correctly? http://www.racprops.com/Hydro%20Fuel%20C...0power.pdf

And visek - As long as you have a good bubbler or two and a catch reservoir for extra water, you'll be fine. I was really cautious about the NaOH entering the system as well but a little research and questioning on the forums helped my fears go away. I think it's under naoh safety or something...

My Car:
2006 Toyota Solara 2.4L 4cyl.
-Aftermarket (JPP) header
-DNX exhaust
-Injen Short-Ram Intake (SRI)

Add yourself to the HHO member map!!
07-25-2008 11:23 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rwhit Offline

RDk looks like it would work to me but you can get you voltage of the fuel pump relay to get the same result and easyer to get to(if you have one) than the oil pressure switch.

Rusty
07-25-2008 11:33 AM
RDKamikaze Offline
Because Saving Gas Matters

Oh man, it looks like I'm going to have to take yet another look at my wiring diagrams! I have my relay setup to my ignition fuse on the "hot" side (only on when fuse lets curent pass to it). I was thinking, what if I just did the same but put it on the alternator fuse line? Any input there? That way, my gen. would be on only when my alternator is spinning (which is when the car is running) correct? Shine the light, oh you electronics gods of HHO! Please? Big Grin

My Car:
2006 Toyota Solara 2.4L 4cyl.
-Aftermarket (JPP) header
-DNX exhaust
-Injen Short-Ram Intake (SRI)

Add yourself to the HHO member map!!
07-25-2008 11:36 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tesla Offline

The ignition switch gives 2 positions for power (3 if you really want to split hairs, but I have precious few left so we'll leave it at 2)...running and accessories.

You need to be sure that you use only the running position for powering the cell (and EFIE etc) so that you don't inadvertently power the cell when listening to the radio while parked. Alternators have a power feed which remains hot all the time, the switched (key operated) circuit is for the charging system exciter...and that would require a relay as it couldn't handle the current demands of a cell.

Oh those pesky electrons...they make me so angry.

...same thing we do every night Pinky, plan to take over the world!
07-25-2008 11:58 AM