Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Water Injection Systems
Gary Offline

Water Injection Systems
I tried water humidity, then vapors, then heavier vapors to no avail. I'm thinking the racers are right in that water injection only works with turbos, superchargers, or other high-pressure manifold inductions. They said naturally aspirated just doesn't respond, and mine didn't.
03-05-2009 06:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wboggs Offline

RE: 57 MPG and increasing! (89 MPG update) Compilation Thread **NEW VIDEO OF MY SETUP**
(03-05-2009 06:10 PM)Gary Wrote:  I tried water humidity, then vapors, then heavier vapors to no avail. I'm thinking the racers are right in that water injection only works with turbos, superchargers, or other high-pressure manifold inductions. They said naturally aspirated just doesn't respond, and mine didn't.

Hey my hat's off to you for trying. Here is a site I found that looks real.

http://www.aquatune.com/index.asp

Here's a site I found to get lower pressure fog nozzles that I was going to try and make a system. I figured on injecting the fog right before the throttle plate but a decent pump suited for continuous duty is a tough find. Continuous duty is the problem.

http://cloudtops.com/fogging_system_parts.htm
03-05-2009 06:18 PM
Gary Offline

RE: 57 MPG and increasing! (89 MPG update) Compilation Thread **NEW VIDEO OF MY SETUP**
Just my opinion, but I smell bovine excrement. Aquatune dealie has some pretty skewed info in the operation description, including getting the timing change backwards. And it produces hydrogen without electrolysis or chemical change? Methinks not. Simple test? Try to LIGHT the "gas" coming out of it.

The nozzle idea is used in racing, but I think the sizes are pretty small, less the the .004" those go down to, but I may be remembering wrong.

A simpler method (and cheaper) is to use a bubbler and valve into the vacuum side. That failed Crap4Gas bottle will suffice. But you still need positive boost for it to work, unless the racers don't know what they're talking about.
03-05-2009 07:10 PM
wboggs Offline

(03-05-2009 07:10 PM)Gary Wrote:  Just my opinion, but I smell bovine excrement. Aquatune dealie has some pretty skewed info in the operation description, including getting the timing change backwards. And it produces hydrogen without electrolysis or chemical change? Methinks not. Simple test? Try to LIGHT the "gas" coming out of it.

Sounds unbelievable but again I read somewhere that injecting fog fine water will disassemble in the combustion chamber and you will have the same kind of thing happen as HHO generators (but different). I think though in order to accomplish that, you need sophisticated equipment like the site showed.
03-05-2009 08:10 PM
Ipsidicsitismic Offline

Popular Science [or maybe it was the Discovery channel, I forget] ran a bit about a guy that was running a gas engine on a 6-stroke cycle where for strokes 5 and 6, water was injected, creating steam pressure that drove the piston down with the 6th stroke evacuating the steam to draw in the next fuel/air charge.

I wonder if this has anything to do with it? I never heard about it after that so..God only knows.
03-05-2009 09:51 PM
Gary Offline

That sounds to me more like a mechanical effect of the expanding steam giving an extra stroke: probably weakens power but increases FE.
Aquatoot was claiming it made H2 BEFORE the combustion process, and I call that hosspucky.
03-06-2009 06:19 AM
Ipsidicsitismic Offline

Water Injection Systems 1.5
(03-06-2009 06:19 AM)Gary Wrote:  That sounds to me more like a mechanical effect of the expanding steam giving an extra stroke: probably weakens power but increases FE.
Aquatoot was claiming it made H2 BEFORE the combustion process, and I call that hosspucky.

What kind of energy input would it take to disassociate hydrogen and oxygen from water molecules using ultrasonic waves, as AquaNut was claiming? I'm with you, Gary. I'm sure on a theoretical level, the idea has merit, but I don't see that little box doing the job.
03-06-2009 10:19 AM
wboggs Offline

(03-06-2009 10:19 AM)Ipsidicsitismic Wrote:  
(03-06-2009 06:19 AM)Gary Wrote:  That sounds to me more like a mechanical effect of the expanding steam giving an extra stroke: probably weakens power but increases FE.

What kind of energy input would it take to disassociate hydrogen and oxygen from water molecules using ultrasonic waves, as AquaNut was claiming? I'm with you, Gary. I'm sure on a theoretical level, the idea has merit, but I don't see that little box doing the job.

That AquaTune system is used in race cars; that's real, it's just so dang expensive.
03-06-2009 11:24 AM
Ipsidicsitismic Offline

(03-06-2009 11:24 AM)wboggs Wrote:  That AquaTune system is used in race cars; that's real, it's just so dang expensive.

Is that AquaTune system ITSELF used in racecars or is the theory BEHIND the AquaTune system used to make other systems used in racecars? I can see the idea BEHIND it being legit, i just dont see that particular kit itself being legitimate.

Do you know anyone that has tried it?
03-06-2009 07:54 PM
wboggs Offline

(03-06-2009 07:54 PM)Ipsidicsitismic Wrote:  
(03-06-2009 11:24 AM)wboggs Wrote:  That AquaTune system is used in race cars; that's real, it's just so dang expensive.

Is that AquaTune system ITSELF used in racecars or is the theory BEHIND the AquaTune system used to make other systems used in racecars? I can see the idea BEHIND it being legit, i just dont see that particular kit itself being legitimate.

Do you know anyone that has tried it?

I cant find the race car; I thought it was on that site but that was a long time ago so there's no telling where I saw it. I did find a You Tube with a lawnmower running on water and gas. There used to be a real good video there that showed two bottles, one gas, one water go down as the engine ran; I want to say it was like 30% water.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smQEBW9UF...re=related

Surf that Aquatune site though, watch the video; I don't remember why but somehow water disassembles in those systems without electricity. Back in I think WW2 they supercharged fighter aircraft by injecting water into the engines so I know it works.
03-06-2009 08:20 PM