Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Water being sucked into engine?
mikaya Offline

RE: Water being sucked into engine?
[quote=Yodamaker]

< If you dont at least have a bubbler the vacuum will tend to suck the water into the tube and eventually the engine. I have designed a bubbler that will all but eliminate that possibility (attached image). >

<There should also be at least one check valve between the HHO generator and the engine. I sell these so let me know if you would like to buy one. I don't profit on this stuff, I only look to cover costs of parts and labor.>

Thanks yodamaker. Where do you get the see-through containers for the bubbler? That's what is slowing me down in terms of building one.

I just bought a brass check valve. Now I am thinking brass might be NOT be a good thing but I am using brass connectors for the hoses anyway. What do you think? I also bought a fuel filter to put in line.

I am hearing that the rust bloom in the electrolyzer may inhibit HHO production, so should I keep cleaning it out?

And lastly, what exactly are the relevant factors that will cause the unit to use up its water fast? Because on a freeway trip, mine is using up all the 400 mls that it contains within an hour or two.

Thanks, Mikaya
11-09-2008 07:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Yodamaker Offline

RE: Water being sucked into engine?
First the use of the water can be the actual seperation of the water into gases, but, the other possibilties are heat/evaporation, or leaks whether they are out of the system (bad connections) or the water being sucked into the ditribution tubes. 400ml container is quite small. 400ml - just under 14oz. i don't think your splitting that much water. usually around 2-3oz per 100 miles depending on your production.

THE RUST BLOOM - I love that! - well its just the elctrolyte breaking down (and the othe impurities in the water) I have been stress testing just that factor and my unit has just started loosing efficiency after 3 months of operation. I use baking soda (3tsp per gallon of distilled water) You can't even see the water level or the plates and i have a clear bousing on my cell, lol. I am going to be cleaning it out tomorrow, but it took a lot for it to effect the production. I would probably say clean it out AT LEAST every other month or every 3,000 miles or so. Like changing the oil, makes sense.

I have been ordering the clear PVC through plastics supply houses and its not cheap, in fact, I have to buy 10 feet of it at a time. By the foot its right at $9.89 after shipping. It's the availability thats the problem.

But, I refuse to use the cheaper solutions, I want my gear to hold up and really wanted the clear bubbler. So I made mine and started showing it off and had more than a few requests for me to make them for their setups, so I started making them for others too.

As for the check valves you should only need ones with a nylon housing, a teflon flap checkvalve, for the gas lines. You will find more than a few on ebay. . Heck, I can put together a bubbler distribution kit that has everything we use in our installs for the distribution of the HHO to the engine, if you want. I would have to do the price breakdown on it but if it fits your needs, it would make it simple for you.

I have posted some attachements here for you to see what would be in it.

89 Ford Probe 4cyl 51mpg/hwy
http://www.greatertech.com
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2008 11:16 PM by Yodamaker.)
11-09-2008 10:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply