Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Water4Gas MAP adjuster does not work
Tom1803 Offline

Water4Gas MAP adjuster does not work
I put together there MAP adjuster using a 100 Ohm pot. When I bench tested it, it only lowered the volts 6/100's of a volt and when hooked to the cars wire from the MAP to the ECU it made no change. I double checked that it is wired right. I had the parts to build this on hand so I tried it. Should I just throw it out, and go with setup in the Fule Saver document or is there a way to fix this?
11-13-2008 06:33 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
realtyroy Offline

RE: Water4Gas MAP adjuster does not work
Tom1803 Wrote:I put together there MAP adjuster using a 100 Ohm pot. When I bench tested it, it only lowered the volts 6/100's of a volt and when hooked to the cars wire from the MAP to the ECU it made no change. I double checked that it is wired right. I had the parts to build this on hand so I tried it. Should I just throw it out, and go with setup in the Fule Saver document or is there a way to fix this?
I hate to say it but you probably just made a little toy of little use. I would think more along the lines of the o2 sensor and build or install an EFIE.
Play around for a week or so getting it set right for your vehicle and down the road you go.

Good Luck!

RealtyRoy-HHO Scambuster
http://pmgen.com/hhoscambusters/

2002 Dodge Durango SLT 4.7
2001 Audi A6 2.8 Quattro
1964 Chev Impala SS 409 My baby!

A day is a day but the day I save gas is a good day!!
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2008 07:09 AM by realtyroy.)
11-13-2008 07:07 AM
Tom1803 Offline

Your right, when I descovered the Water4gas generators were crap and went a different way I should have dumped the rest of their stuff. I built the Fule-Saver regulator hooked it up and it works perfect. I adjusted it until the car chucked a little and backed it off, and just to check if it really was working I shut off the HHO generator and the car started bucking bad. Now I going to work on increasing my gas production. It's at about 3/4 of a litter per min. and I have a 2.4 motor.
11-13-2008 12:30 PM
LarryClapp Offline

(11-13-2008 12:30 PM)Tom1803 Wrote:  Your right, when I descovered the Water4gas generators were crap and went a different way I should have dumped the rest of their stuff. I built the Fule-Saver regulator hooked it up and it works perfect. I adjusted it until the car chucked a little and backed it off, and just to check if it really was working I shut off the HHO generator and the car started bucking bad. Now I going to work on increasing my gas production. It's at about 3/4 of a litter per min. and I have a 2.4 motor.

ShyI don't have any experience with the mason jar gens., but the Map Sensor Enhancer from Water4Gas did NOT help me either. Fuel-Savers' regulator is working absolutely flawlessly. Cool
03-07-2009 08:14 PM
wpvk818 Offline

The water4gas design has very limited applications where it will actually work. Instead, build the LM317T adjustable voltage regulator MAP circuit that controls the 5v VRef going into the MAP. This circuit works like a charm. Google "jeep map adjuster" and you'll find it. It works on any MAP/MAF with a 5v VRef.
05-11-2009 07:30 PM
justing Offline

First of all what is fuel-savers' regulator? Secondly I used a (water-4-gas design) map adjust on a 1989 dodge van and it worked great. There are different map sensors so the voltage regulator design will work best.

Justin Green
Chattanooga TN
2004 Kia Optima
from 22MPG to 26.5MPG
VOLO FS-2
05-12-2009 10:00 AM
cmac0351 Offline

100 ohm? I am pretty sure water4gas uses like a 50k ohm pot.

(11-13-2008 06:33 AM)Tom1803 Wrote:  I put together there MAP adjuster using a 100 Ohm pot. When I bench tested it, it only lowered the volts 6/100's of a volt and when hooked to the cars wire from the MAP to the ECU it made no change. I double checked that it is wired right. I had the parts to build this on hand so I tried it. Should I just throw it out, and go with setup in the Fule Saver document or is there a way to fix this?
05-14-2009 04:37 PM
jbalat Offline

You neet to find out what kind of MAP you have on your car.. If its a frequency type then you need to add a small resistor on your ground wire.

See here for more info...
http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/doc/TuningForMileage.html
05-15-2009 12:54 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ahsem1972 Offline

Im with cmac0351 on a 5 volt voltage style you would need the 50k and should be able to shut the engine off with that.
http://www.mpgimprovements.com
06-03-2009 09:12 AM