Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wet cell vs Dry Cell cost efficinecy
metamp Offline

Wet cell vs Dry Cell cost efficinecy
I wondering if it's worth to invest into a drycell with pwm
I mean the 316L plates are so expensive plus the pwm is expensive too

I can get a lowe's smackcell built for a fraction of a cost of dry cell and they produce from 1.2 to 1.7 lpm vs a 21 plate drycell woyud do about 2 lpm

so my question is it worth to invest into a advanced system ?
or better what is the best built cost / fuel savings system
01-06-2012 10:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: Wet cell vs Dry Cell cost efficinecy
Well, I'm a bit prejudiced, since I run dry-cells.com. But, be that as it may, I would say the answer is still not definite. It depends on what you want the cell for.

If you just want to put in a system, and want to set it and forget it, then you need a professional system. If you are an experimenter and don't have any experience yet with HHO and want to find out if it really works, then you should build a smacks booster and give it a try. You'll be able to get gains with it. It just will require a great deal of maintenance to keep it running right, and you won't get the consistent gains from it. But you will get gains and will get certainty that the technology is workable.

Also, you don't really get that much HHO from a Smack cell. At that LPM you'll be getting a lot of steam. I can get 5 LPM from my cells, but it's got way too much steam. My cells run at 1-1.5 LPM and that's what they're designed for. But a smacks cell should be run about .5 LPM to get the same kind of efficiency and quality of gas.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
01-06-2012 04:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
metamp Offline

(01-06-2012 04:54 PM)mike Wrote:  Well, I'm a bit prejudiced, since I run dry-cells.com. But, be that as it may, I would say the answer is still not definite. It depends on what you want the cell for.

If you just want to put in a system, and want to set it and forget it, then you need a professional system. If you are an experimenter and don't have any experience yet with HHO and want to find out if it really works, then you should build a smacks booster and give it a try. You'll be able to get gains with it. It just will require a great deal of maintenance to keep it running right, and you won't get the consistent gains from it. But you will get gains and will get certainty that the technology is workable.

Also, you don't really get that much HHO from a Smack cell. At that LPM you'll be getting a lot of steam. I can get 5 LPM from my cells, but it's got way too much steam. My cells run at 1-1.5 LPM and that's what they're designed for. But a smacks cell should be run about .5 LPM to get the same kind of efficiency and quality of gas.

Thaks for advice
as I'm in FL and it's quite hot down here the electrolyte may run too hot as you said and there will be a lot of steam I'm afraid
maybe I have to circulate the the electrolyte trough some sort of a cooler with an fishtank pump
01-06-2012 06:13 PM
mike Offline

You don't need to worry about the FL heat. Lots of cells run down there. But if the cell is malformed it will run too hot in any weather. It's the cell design that matters. Yes, any cell design will run 10 or 15 degrees hotter in FL (depending on time of year), but that's OK. You just don't want one that is designed so that the cell itself generates so much heat that it evaporates off the water.

Again, a smacks will work down there. It won't be as efficient, and it will take more of your time to keep it running well. But it will get you some gains. Once you see that it works, you'll likely want to just get a pro kit and not have to mess with it.

Visit Our Documents Page
01-07-2012 11:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
metamp Offline

(01-07-2012 11:41 PM)mike Wrote:  You don't need to worry about the FL heat. Lots of cells run down there. But if the cell is malformed it will run too hot in any weather. It's the cell design that matters. Yes, any cell design will run 10 or 15 degrees hotter in FL (depending on time of year), but that's OK. You just don't want one that is designed so that the cell itself generates so much heat that it evaporates off the water.

Again, a smacks will work down there. It won't be as efficient, and it will take more of your time to keep it running well. But it will get you some gains. Once you see that it works, you'll likely want to just get a pro kit and not have to mess with it.

OK I still be able to reuse the PWM and the EFIE with the drycell when I decide to upgrade I hope
30 amp PWM should be enough I hope
01-09-2012 01:59 PM
mike Offline

Yes, you definitely don't need 30 amps to run a car.

Visit Our Documents Page
01-09-2012 02:10 PM