Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What amount of baking soda is max?
jevans106 Offline

What amount of baking soda is max?
Greetings all,
what amount of baking soda is max? In the quart HHO systems I currently have a 1 tbls of baking soda and the jars are pretty hot.
What amount is the maximum amount of baking soda before there is a melt down of Plexiglas? I herd of some people going to 2 tbls of baking soda and pulled about 8-10 amps.

Thanks,
Justin
07-25-2008 09:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rwhit Offline

RE: What amount of baking soda is max?
jevans

The key to the whole question you are asking is, AMPS know one can give you a amount you need to get a amp meter and regulate you mix depending on your amps.
Amps equal heat the more amps the more heat so you want the most gas you can get with the least amount of amps usually 10 to 15 amps when hot Max. You can use more than one Gen to get more HHO if you need it.

Hope this helps you.

Rusty
07-25-2008 10:49 AM
RDKamikaze Offline
Because Saving Gas Matters

And another thing, don't use baking soda! It causes problems and is inefficient. Look at NaOH or KOH. NaOH can be bought at you local Lowes in a 2lb. bottle called Roebic drain cleaner for about $7. A little of that stuff goes a long way (about 1/4tsp. per 32oz.)! Also, be sure to check out (on the forum only) your own pee! GREAT solution for electrolyte!! I hope I helped.

My Car:
2006 Toyota Solara 2.4L 4cyl.
-Aftermarket (JPP) header
-DNX exhaust
-Injen Short-Ram Intake (SRI)

Add yourself to the HHO member map!!
07-25-2008 10:54 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rwhit Offline

Oh yea what RDK said !!!!

Thanks RDK forgot the tell him about the Soda.

Rusty
07-25-2008 11:00 AM
jevans106 Offline

RDKamikaze Wrote:And another thing, don't use baking soda! It causes problems and is inefficient. Look at NaOH or KOH. NaOH can be bought at you local Lowes in a 2lb. bottle called Roebic drain cleaner for about $7. A little of that stuff goes a long way (about 1/4tsp. per 32oz.)! Also, be sure to check out (on the forum only) your own pee! GREAT solution for electrolyte!! I hope I helped.

Greetings, how can lye be safer than baking soda? I do not understand, I am producing brown gas now. Won't the corrosive lye damage the hho system? I read on the web they are taking all lye out of products, especially lowels products. I just do not understand if the electrolysis process is taking place and working how you can benefit from lye and how much more will you benefit from it.

Thanks,
Justin
07-25-2008 11:35 AM
RDKamikaze Offline

Baking soda will eventually rust or eat away your stainless. It's happened to me and many other people on the forums (if I remember right), just do some more looking in to it. Plus, lye won't give you te nasty brown water effect, but it will turn it a SLIGHT shade of yellow after a while. With less lye than you used for baking soda, you will notice more production. I can't explain it because I'm not a chemical guru, but I can tell you that it works better. Many people on here will agree with me on that, so use it. Someone else please feel free to input, and I hope this helped!

My Car:
-DNX exhaust

07-25-2008 11:39 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jevans106 Offline

RDKamikaze Wrote:Baking soda will eventually rust or eat away your stainless. It's happened to me and many other people on the forums (if I remember right), just do some more looking in to it. Plus, lye won't give you te nasty brown water effect, but it will turn it a SLIGHT shade of yellow after a while. With less lye than you used for baking soda, you will notice more production. I can't explain it because I'm not a chemical guru, but I can tell you that it works better. Many people on here will agree with me on that, so use it. Someone else please feel free to input, and I hope this helped!

So use about a 1/4 tlbs per quart?
I will change over after these quarts run low.
Thanks,
Justin
07-25-2008 11:45 AM
RDKamikaze Offline

Yeah, that's a safe starting point I would say (if it says tsp., no tbls.!). Be sure to use an ammeter (I know, I STILL haven't gotten it in the mail!) to adjust accordingly. But be sparing with your adjustments! Add very little more at a time. What I do is I just buy a 1gal. jug of distilled at the store for $0.77 and then add 1 teaspoon to it right then and there. Then I write on it with a sharpie "1 teaspoon/gallon" and "DO NOT DRINK!!" to make sure I don't drink it when I'm thirsty...? So that way, I know to just add a little when I need it here or there to the solution because it's already mixed in with the water Big Grin .

How else does everybody do it? Is it a bad idea to just mix it with a gallon?

My Car:
-DNX exhaust

07-25-2008 11:49 AM
hoozadoctor Offline

I think if he spoon will stand up by itself in the mixture then you have it a tad to thick.

Actually the idea is to decide what amperage you want to run at then put enough bicarb or caustic soda or urine in to give you that amperage when the unit is COLD. You then need to use a PMW to control your amps. That is the hotter the cel get the current will still remain constant.

Doc
07-25-2008 08:06 PM