Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What do I have
Phil Chapman Offline

What do I have
EFIE or MAP enhacer. I bought a system from a guy in New York..I'm having trouble getting ahold of him. At any rate....He sold me what on his website was called an EFIE. But the thing that has me confused is,it's hooked up to the MAP sensor. It has a "City" /Hgy" switch and a dial for each. Turnig the dials does nothing but change the manifold pressure. Does nothing that we can tell otherwise. Car doesn't run any different. Everybody talks about voltage and such... Where is that measured at? Do I have the right equipment? Thnaks
06-03-2011 01:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
creepyjon Offline

RE: What do I have
You have the map enhancer made from ozzies plans from water4gas fame scam etc. They don't work on all cars, if they even work at all! You are much better off with a real efie from this website.
06-04-2011 05:22 AM
Phil Chapman Offline

(06-04-2011 05:22 AM)creepyjon Wrote:  You have the map enhancer made from ozzies plans from water4gas fame scam etc. They don't work on all cars, if they even work at all! You are much better off with a real efie from this website.

Will tha go onto the MAP sensor or MAF sensor?
06-05-2011 01:04 PM
creepyjon Offline

start with an efie, you never even mentioned what kind of car you have. Since you are asking which one, I'm going to assume it's a gm product after 1996 which has both map and maf, or another type of car with the same setup. IF you do have both, the map is for altitude adjustment only, and plays a very small part of the fuel map equation. The maf controls the fuel map, but you don't want to mess with it unless you really and truly know what you are doing and have a scan tool to monitor the results. If you screw up the maf sensor so bad you make the car go too lean holes in pistons are in your future, and holes in pistons cost more than you will ever save in gas. Besides the maf sensor signal is a osculating signal, not a variable resistor like a map of vane air flow meter. The so called maf adjuster isn't going to work on a maf because it varies the frequency to send the signal to the ecm, that's a hard thing to hack! Again start with an efie, you only want to trim the fuel mix. If you don't get any gains there, stop. Besides ozzie isn't exactly well respected these days, he started a lot of this but he is also the primary reason most people think hho is a joke. So why use something he invented, save yourself the trouble.
06-05-2011 02:50 PM
Phil Chapman Offline

(06-05-2011 02:50 PM)creepyjon Wrote:  start with an efie, you never even mentioned what kind of car you have. Since you are asking which one, I'm going to assume it's a gm product after 1996 which has both map and maf, or another type of car with the same setup. IF you do have both, the map is for altitude adjustment only, and plays a very small part of the fuel map equation. The maf controls the fuel map, but you don't want to mess with it unless you really and truly know what you are doing and have a scan tool to monitor the results. If you screw up the maf sensor so bad you make the car go too lean holes in pistons are in your future, and holes in pistons cost more than you will ever save in gas. Besides the maf sensor signal is a osculating signal, not a variable resistor like a map of vane air flow meter. The so called maf adjuster isn't going to work on a maf because it varies the frequency to send the signal to the ecm, that's a hard thing to hack! Again start with an efie, you only want to trim the fuel mix. If you don't get any gains there, stop. Besides ozzie isn't exactly well respected these days, he started a lot of this but he is also the primary reason most people think hho is a joke. So why use something he invented, save yourself the trouble.

OK.That clears alitle of it up. It's on a 03 Buick LeSabre. 3800 engine. I hooked up the Generator and put the gas in the Vacuum under the MAF sensor. So your saying that I need an EFIE....and what I got from him isn't an EFIE? Directions I was given said to hook it up the MAP sensor. I take it this info is not correct? Where then should it ge hooked up to? THis Ozzie you speak of......Is his name Scott?
06-05-2011 05:04 PM
Phil Chapman Offline

(06-05-2011 02:50 PM)creepyjon Wrote:  start with an efie, you never even mentioned what kind of car you have. Since you are asking which one, I'm going to assume it's a gm product after 1996 which has both map and maf, or another type of car with the same setup. IF you do have both, the map is for altitude adjustment only, and plays a very small part of the fuel map equation. The maf controls the fuel map, but you don't want to mess with it unless you really and truly know what you are doing and have a scan tool to monitor the results. If you screw up the maf sensor so bad you make the car go too lean holes in pistons are in your future, and holes in pistons cost more than you will ever save in gas. Besides the maf sensor signal is a osculating signal, not a variable resistor like a map of vane air flow meter. The so called maf adjuster isn't going to work on a maf because it varies the frequency to send the signal to the ecm, that's a hard thing to hack! Again start with an efie, you only want to trim the fuel mix. If you don't get any gains there, stop. Besides ozzie isn't exactly well respected these days, he started a lot of this but he is also the primary reason most people think hho is a joke. So why use something he invented, save yourself the trouble.

I have finally heard from the guy in New York..He say's the "EFIE" that I have and splice into the MAP sensor will lean out the gas as long as there is a O2 extender in it. Is this true? I can't see where adjusting the manifold pressure would help with MPG. Maybe I just don't understand it. Please help me understand it. Thanks
06-06-2011 10:55 AM
creepyjon Offline

people like this are why I'm about ready to give up on hho completely go back into my hole and only worry about my car, which by the way is still an ongoing project as well. Any time there is money to be made the scam artists come out of the woodwork, by the but load. An efie is for an o2 sensor, and has nothing to do with what you got. On your car the map sensor is only going to lean the car out a max of 3%, tops before throwing a code. You can over inflate your tires and get more than 3%! Half truth is still a lie, your map sensor is not the main sensor making the fuel calculations. The o2 sensor can do about 10-20% tops, and is less likely to throw a code unless you push it too far and expect too much. The goal is to trim the fuel use as much as the computer will let you. Some people have success but the radical claims you hear about sometimes are bogus or once the computer figured out whats going on they are lost. O2 extenders is ANOTHER dumb ozzie idea. Some people have gotten results from wrapping the o2 in tin foil, but it's not as tune able as an efie. Get a real efie from this site, they are really well built and priced cheap when you compare them to other substandard units from other sellers. Notice there are NO outrageous claims on this site, no silly promises, no bs, I wish all sellers took the owner's stance.
06-06-2011 02:19 PM
Phil Chapman Offline

(06-06-2011 02:19 PM)creepyjon Wrote:  people like this are why I'm about ready to give up on hho completely go back into my hole and only worry about my car, which by the way is still an ongoing project as well. Any time there is money to be made the scam artists come out of the woodwork, by the but load. An efie is for an o2 sensor, and has nothing to do with what you got. On your car the map sensor is only going to lean the car out a max of 3%, tops before throwing a code. You can over inflate your tires and get more than 3%! Half truth is still a lie, your map sensor is not the main sensor making the fuel calculations. The o2 sensor can do about 10-20% tops, and is less likely to throw a code unless you push it too far and expect too much. The goal is to trim the fuel use as much as the computer will let you. Some people have success but the radical claims you hear about sometimes are bogus or once the computer figured out whats going on they are lost. O2 extenders is ANOTHER dumb ozzie idea. Some people have gotten results from wrapping the o2 in tin foil, but it's not as tune able as an efie. Get a real efie from this site, they are really well built and priced cheap when you compare them to other substandard units from other sellers. Notice there are NO outrageous claims on this site, no silly promises, no bs, I wish all sellers took the owner's stance.

Thanks Creepy.....Now I understand it a little better. I'll be getting an EFIE from the site. Thanks
06-07-2011 02:15 AM
mike Offline

Thanks CreepyJohn. For the answers, and for the kind words.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
06-07-2011 12:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply