Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What glue to use??
zx2hydro Offline

What glue to use??
This is my first post but have been doing a lot of reading and research on this subject. My question is I want to make my first generator and I am looking at using polypropylene plastic to construct this out of but what glue do you use to assemble it that the caustic will not attack?

Side not I am a manufacturing engineer and when we order supplies whether it is stainless teflon or anything for that matter this website is the best around http://www.mcmaster.com they have everything every size you can think of. A little pricey sometimes but here in Ohio always next day delivery if in stock. Just use the search box on the side and it will step you through the size you need for most materials. Just didn't see anyone mention this and people are having trouble finding materials.
07-04-2008 07:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jksav7 Offline

RE: What glue to use??
Marine GOOP is the way to go. Avoid anything silicone.
07-05-2008 08:19 AM
dpater47 Offline

RE: What glue to use??
check this one,it's called"all crafts professional epoxy"it is made by "duro crafts" it sets in 12 min.little pricey but you can fine it on line for about $14.00 and it stinks.but i've had it in a cell for 2 weeks and it's still the same as the day i put it on.
07-05-2008 09:05 AM