Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is MMW?
houdini1953 Offline
HHO Learner

What is MMW?
What is the term MMW and how is it calculated? I have run across it many times and do not really know what it is or what it means?
11-09-2009 07:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: What is MMW?
In rough terms it's your cell's efficiency or output (ml/min) divided by the power used (watts, which is voltage times amps).

Often there are other parameters like temperature, but that only affects it slightly. To be accurate, the voltage is measured at the cell, not the battery.

So 2 liters per minute at 20 amps, 13 volts would be (2000/260) or 7.7 MMW.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
11-09-2009 01:31 PM
houdini1953 Offline
HHO Learner

(11-09-2009 01:31 PM)colchiro Wrote:  In rough terms it's your cell's efficiency or output (ml/min) divided by the power used (watts, which is voltage times amps).

Often there are other parameters like temperature, but that only affects it slightly. To be accurate, the voltage is measured at the cell, not the battery.

So 2 liters per minute at 20 amps, 13 volts would be (2000/260) or 7.7 MMW.
Alright then what would be the best method of determining the output of gas? By immersing a one liter bottle (with a tube from the generator in the bottle or container) into to a five gallon bucket or other larger container of water? I do have an ammeter and am working with a PC power supply right now and have some decent digital multimeters!

Also right now I have a Smack generator that I have yet to complete due to not knowing how to connect the barbed fitting to the screw on top properly. Should I buy a tap set or bore a hole and then glue using what type of glue? PVC Glue or Plumbers Goop or Silicone or what? Here is what my Smack looks like so far

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

11-09-2009 02:27 PM
jbalat Offline

Cant see it accurately but with your +ve and -ve straps make sure you have a nut on the inside of the lid as well as the outside or Ka-BOOM!

The Heat shrink is recommended around the cell to minimise leakage

I used Marine goop 3M 5200 to seal all my fittings. You probably don't need it but it is good stuff.. Make sure you get the FAST DRY when ordering...
11-09-2009 03:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

Cracked end plates is common, I suspect from using a well torqued, tapered fitting like pipe thread. It's much more common when a clear plastic is used, which often is much more brittle.

I think a barely snug connector that's held in place with glue would work better than a well-tightened one. You will need a good, non-conducting adhesive tho.
(11-09-2009 02:27 PM)houdini1953 Wrote:  Alright then what would be the best method of determining the output of gas? By immersing a one liter bottle (with a tube from the generator in the bottle or container) into to a five gallon bucket or other larger container of water? I do have an ammeter and am working with a PC power supply right now and have some decent digital multimeters!

That would work. Many digital MM don't work at over 20 amps tho and the many of the cheap clamp-on's only work with AC.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2009 03:24 PM by colchiro.)
11-09-2009 03:20 PM