Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What's a PWM all about?
mojoman317717 Offline

What's a PWM all about?
I understand that a Pulse Width Modulator (PWM) is used to control the maximum amperage draw, but I'm curious if there are other advantages also? For example, can the percentage of electrolyte in solution be increased significantly, thus allowing for higher immediate amperage draw at startup? If yes, does a higher percentage of electrolyte in solution produce more hydrogen gas with less total amperage? Or is there a sweet spot after which any additional elecrolyte actually decreases the hydrogen output?

Generally I'm very interested to know what other advantages a PWM offers, because if amperage control is the lone reason, it hardly seems worth it to me.
(This post was last modified: 11-29-2010 08:49 PM by mojoman317717.)
11-29-2010 08:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zipstor Offline

RE: What's a PMW all about?
There would be a sweet spot if your electrodes were able to resonate. Otherwise it will only allow you to control your amperage withing a range.

>> http://brownsgas.com
11-29-2010 08:44 PM
bsmart Offline

RE: What's a PWM all about?
(11-29-2010 08:20 PM)mojoman317717 Wrote:  I understand that a Pulse Width Modulator (PWM) is used to control the maximum amperage draw, but I'm curious if there are other advantages also? For example, can the percentage of electrolyte in solution be increased significantly, thus allowing for higher immediate amperage draw at startup? YES If yes, does a higher percentage of electrolyte in solution produce more hydrogen gas with less total amperage? NO Or is there a sweet spot after which any additional elecrolyte actually decreases the hydrogen output?

It allows you to have a higher freeze point on your solution. By increasing your solution concentration you can turn the PWM up for full amps in cold weather and get more HHO production until the solution warms up, then turn in down to maintain the HHO production you desire.

Generally I'm very interested to know what other advantages a PWM offers, because if amperage control is the lone reason, it hardly seems worth it to me.
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2010 10:37 AM by bsmart.)
11-30-2010 10:33 AM