Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What 's it made of.
abe Offline

What 's it made of.
The disk out of old bad hard drives. I took one apart today,the disk looks like stainless steal but I dont know. I do know they work to produce HHO. Has anyone here tried them, Bad drives are easy to find,people throw them away all the time.
Abe
01-03-2009 03:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: What 's it made of.
According to this:

The primary computer storage medium, which is made of one or more aluminum or glass platters, coated with a ferromagnetic material.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
01-03-2009 05:16 PM
Gary Offline

Ooooh, BURN THAT!
Well, ya gotta admit, it would make HHO. For a minnit.
01-03-2009 05:23 PM
colchiro Offline

I suspect it depends on how old that drive is. Any way you look at it, it's going to be magnetic or have a magnetic coating.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
01-03-2009 05:24 PM
abe Offline

(01-03-2009 05:24 PM)colchiro Wrote:  I suspect it depends on how old that drive is. Any way you look at it, it's going to be magnetic or have a magnetic coating.

I dont know but a magnet won't stick to it. I did burn 2 in a bath for 10 min at 40 amps produced like crazy,did hurt them a bit.Still thank I might builb a dry cell and see what happends.
01-03-2009 06:17 PM
thomasbala Offline

(01-03-2009 06:17 PM)abe Wrote:  
(01-03-2009 05:24 PM)colchiro Wrote:  I suspect it depends on how old that drive is. Any way you look at it, it's going to be magnetic or have a magnetic coating.

I dont know but a magnet won't stick to it. I did burn 2 in a bath for 10 min at 40 amps produced like crazy,did hurt them a bit.Still thank I might builb a dry cell and see what happends.

What's that ferromagnetic coating; maybe there's something there to look into.
01-04-2009 01:19 AM
colchiro Offline

I suspect the coating is too thin for a magnet to stick to, but I'm guessing.

Rick

01-04-2009 06:37 AM
Jeep Girl Offline

(01-04-2009 01:19 AM)thomasbala Wrote:  

Ferro refers to iron. It is probably a very fine coating of reduced iron to create a very mild magnetic field like on the old cassette recording tapes.
Jeep Girl
01-04-2009 12:31 PM
thomasbala Offline

(01-04-2009 12:31 PM)Jeep Girl Wrote:  
(01-04-2009 01:19 AM)thomasbala Wrote:  

Ferro refers to iron. It is probably a very fine coating of reduced iron to create a very mild magnetic field like on the old cassette recording tapes.
Jeep Girl

Jeep Girl:
I didn't want to get into a discussion of magnetism because most people just know that the "fuel magnets" are obviously a hoax. What they probably don't know is that if you pass HHO through a magnetic field, O2 molecules will be attracted to the magnet; a strange but true property of O2 is that it's somewhat magnetic. I'm thinking of the possibility of separation of H2 and O2 without a membrane, or some other physical separation of the plates. If this ferrous coating magnetizes the O2 coming off the plate it would be so much easier to scrub the O2 out of the HHO with an electromagnet. If you could do that economically you could compress the H2 at home in a tank and use it as a fuel additive much like running propane into your intake thus using less gasoline. This is the flip side of HHO as a catalyst; we'd be actually using the H2 as a fuel. HHO can be compressed but only a fool would do so; all you're doing is making a very unstable high explosive device, as opposed to a low explosive such as the old black powder. Once you get the H2 you could even do the reverse of a HHO generator, a fuel cell and produce electricity. Wild ideas I know; gotta start somewhere.
01-04-2009 01:16 PM
abe Offline

Found out today they won't work as + for some reason but looks like they will work as nuatral. Try that later.
01-04-2009 05:21 PM