Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What should the spark plugs look like?
hhagen_1 Offline

What should the spark plugs look like?
so this morning I pulled to of my spark plugs before I went to work to see what they looked like after running the HHO through my car for 3 days. They are white with the electrodes decaying. Before the system was in the car they looked normal to a little rich but now they are white and the check engine light comes on once in a while. I planned on doing a tune up this weekend and then running the system next week to see if there is any fuel mileage increase.
Should I be checking something with the system? I'm using baking soda for now but will change to KOH after I get the car tuned up. Let me know if anyone thinks I have a problem please right now can't afford to have the car blow up it's my daily driver for work.

Thanks
09-27-2012 06:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: What should the spark plugs look like?
What kind of cell? How many amps? How big is the engine?

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
09-28-2012 07:47 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hhagen_1 Offline

Home made dry cell with 9 plates 1/8" gaskets. I'm running baking soda drawing 3 amps and have 3/4 of liter out put. The car is a 1992 Saturn SL with a 1.9 liter engine.
I put in new plug Friday and now runs like a champ had 1 burned and a bad plug wire all repaired now. I plan on testing this next week and will post my results on here.

Thanks
09-29-2012 06:15 AM
mike Offline

Hmmm. No one gets that much HHO from 3 amps. It takes about 15 amps to get one LPM. My suspicion is that you are running too hot and getting a lot of steam as well as HHO. If you have a 9 plate cell, what's your configuration? +NNN-NNN+ ??

If that's your config, then you don't have enough neutral plates for efficient operation. I'm assuming you're on a 12 volt supply?

If that's not your config, please post how your cell configuration.

But either way, that much HHO (or steam) won't cause your plugs or plug wires to fail. Do you have any kind dryer assembly to keep the electrolyte from getting into the engine? I suppose you could be sloshing electrolyte in there, and it might cause the whiteness you see on the plug's electrodes. Just guessing here, because I've never seen it before.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
10-01-2012 03:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hhagen_1 Offline

My cell is - nnn + nnn - and the car is a 92 Saturn with 1.9 liter engine. I know that the flow meter I use to test out put is very accurate it is used in the respiratory care industry to test oxygen concentrators out put.
I have not put a water separator in the system yet but plan to. I have run it on the car all this week and will fill today to see what my gains are I have put 65 miles on it in town and need to do some front end work tonight to correct the alinement witch will help mileage to.
I have noticed that sense I have been doing this hho testing it seems to take a lot of baking soda to get out put I put in any where from 3 to 4 table spoons to get a 1/2 liter to a liter. Is this normal. We have cold weather this weekend so I will run on gas until I clean the cell and change the mix to a winter blend. What is the best mix to use I have read all kinds of mixes but want to use the best one. I trust you on this stuff you have been doing it longer then me and some times it get so confusing.

Thanks
10-05-2012 05:27 AM