Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Whats everyones EFIE settings at
jjw2564 Offline

Whats everyones EFIE settings at
I have tryed 100 mv to 350 mv and nothing happens. I just want to know what everyone is setting theres at. How high are you going. Im sure I on the right wire. There is only one harness from the o2 sensor to the computer and I picked the wire that ranges from .100 to .900mv it just moves up and down in voltage. My only other choose of wires are my 12 heater wire, the ground and low signal wire that stays at .176 mv and does not range in voltage.

So how high is everyone going. Should I go as high as the EFIE will let me go. I just trying to see any kind of results.
03-23-2009 06:24 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: Whats everyones EFIE settings at
Usually, the average is from .225 to .275 or so.

It sounds like you have the correct wire. If you are getting no change, that often means you have a bad oxygen sensor. You're supposed to change sensors at about 50,000 miles, and while that is pretty extreme, if you have 100K or more on your sensor, then you can figure it's not working very well anymore. When that happens you'll get a boost in mileage just by changing the sensor, and your EFIE will now work and control your Air/Fuel ratio.

Now all of this presupposes that you have a working HHO generator and you're actually getting a good volume of gas into the engine's intake.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
03-23-2009 07:46 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jjw2564 Offline

Is there a way to test the o2 sensor to see if bad. I get 26-28 mpg regular. With hho running I go down to 24 mpg, so the o2 sensor would be working I think. It sees the hho burning and adjusting for it. To bad it make the mpg worse. A new o2 sensor is $100 for my car. Can the o2 extender work or the air fuel mixture Map sensor be used instead of an efie. I just have no luck with it.
03-25-2009 01:55 PM
colchiro Offline

How many miles on your front o2's?

Like Mike said, we start to think about swapping them at 50k, and definitely no later than 100k miles.

As they get older, they usually appear to work, but slow down and you don't get the extreme variations any more.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
(This post was last modified: 03-25-2009 02:02 PM by colchiro.)
03-25-2009 02:00 PM
jjw2564 Offline

My car has 80k on it. would that effect the efie that much, so it does not work in leaning at all. I watch the efie volts as I'm driving and during acceleration the volts go down 5-10mvolt, and during coasting the volts go up 10mvolt. my car gets the average mpg that is stated online for that car. I would have thought if the miles went down then the o2 sensor would be going bad.
03-26-2009 01:03 PM
colchiro Offline

Mike has much more experience with old sensors (and hopefully he can comment on that), but if it was my vehicle, I'd replace those front sensors based on your 80k miles alone. If you're the original owner, you should know if they were previously replaced or not. Sorry I can't comment on your readings. Like I said, the fluctuation seems to slow down and the extremes are reduced. Depending on the quality of your gasoline and the sensor type, determines if you should replace closer to 50k or 100k.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
03-26-2009 03:41 PM