Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Where do you buy your stainless??
realtyroy Offline

Where do you buy your stainless??
Well here I am wanting to go bigger and better and thought I would jump into the world of dry cells. Not only do they look impressive but seem to be more efficient.
I have built several different wet cell type of boosters using up everything I had laying around the shop and did the smack units which weren't to expensive to build but I'm hoping someone will turn me onto a good place to buy the plates for three dry cells. I'm figuring on using a 8"x10" plates and I will need about 70 plates. I'm figuring a couple of extra in case I need them for playing around with the configuration.
I can buy a 4'x8' sheet of 20gage for about $200 but don't have a good way to cut it up or at least cut it up and make it look nice with all the plates being exactly the same size.
So, where do you buy your plates and if you buy sheets how do you cut out your plates???
Thanks in advance for your thoughts!!
Roy

RealtyRoy-HHO Scambuster
http://pmgen.com/hhoscambusters/

2002 Dodge Durango SLT 4.7
2001 Audi A6 2.8 Quattro
1964 Chev Impala SS 409 My baby!

A day is a day but the day I save gas is a good day!!
11-02-2008 04:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RDKamikaze Offline
Because Saving Gas Matters

RE: Where do you buy your stainless??
1. Wrong section to post in. You might try posing in the Bwon's Gas section for more replies Big Grin

2. I build my cells through the smack method, so I really can't help you there. The only stainless I bought by the cut was from a local fabricator. They gave me a good price, so check there I guess.

3. MAYBE try ebay? I know it could be a bad idea, but you never know what you'll find! It's only a click away Smile

4. Never give up on your HHO ventures! And have a great day Big Grin

My Car:
2006 Toyota Solara 2.4L 4cyl.
-Aftermarket (JPP) header
-DNX exhaust
-Injen Short-Ram Intake (SRI)

Add yourself to the HHO member map!!
11-02-2008 09:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
pimpa Offline

realtyroy Wrote:Well here I am wanting to go bigger and better and thought I would jump into the world of dry cells. Not only do they look impressive but seem to be more efficient.
I have built several different wet cell type of boosters using up everything I had laying around the shop and did the smack units which weren't to expensive to build but I'm hoping someone will turn me onto a good place to buy the plates for three dry cells. I'm figuring on using a 8"x10" plates and I will need about 70 plates. I'm figuring a couple of extra in case I need them for playing around with the configuration.
I can buy a 4'x8' sheet of 20gage for about $200 but don't have a good way to cut it up or at least cut it up and make it look nice with all the plates being exactly the same size.
So, where do you buy your plates and if you buy sheets how do you cut out your plates???
Roy
I bought these, so far soo good:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/4-SMALL-STAINLESS...m153.l1262

the magnet doesn't stick to them, easy to cut with tinsnips.
11-03-2008 12:59 AM
Delray Dude Offline

I got some 316 plates on e-bay for a decent price.

1993 Mustang LX
2.3 Liter engine
5 speed manual
8.8 GT axle with 2.71 gears
Smack Design Booster
EFIE currently set at .25
Without HHO was getting 24-25 MPG
Best result with HHO : 29.5 MPG
11-03-2008 04:40 AM
AlexR Offline

McMaster-Carr has just about everything you would ever need. Website is very easy to use. I can only say look at what they have because they sell just about everything. If they don't have it you don't need it. Prices are a bit higher, but good quality stuff. Generally they are the first place I look when I need something that I know can't be found at the local hardware store. Their catalog is almost 4000 pages!

Alex

Cool Flame, LLC
http://www.cool-flame.com
11-03-2008 07:12 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
realtyroy Offline

pimpa Wrote:
realtyroy Wrote:Well here I am wanting to go bigger and better and thought I would jump into the world of dry cells. Not only do they look impressive but seem to be more efficient.
Roy

24gage seems a little thin? Any problems with keeping them flat?

As too the others, I have looked on ebay and thought about a couple of sellers but it adds up real quick and for me its just not affordable.
McMaster Carr is a great place and I have purchased from them in the past but as said they are a little pricey.
Guys my ass is so tight I squeak, I have to find a great deal or I'm stuck with the stuff I find around the shop and in my travels.

Thanks again for your replies!
Roy

RealtyRoy-HHO Scambuster

2001 Audi A6 2.8 Quattro

11-03-2008 08:16 AM
realtyroy Offline

pimpa Wrote:
Roy

I'm wondering what type of cell you are using those plates with. I would love to be able to use snips to cut the plates but I'm worried it might be hard to keep them flat and not touching the plates next to them.
Thanks,
Roy

RealtyRoy-HHO Scambuster

2001 Audi A6 2.8 Quattro

11-03-2008 08:20 AM
pimpa Offline

after cutting they can be reasonably flatten out.
after that, the rubber gasgets at the edges keep them about 1/8" apart not prfect but who cares? it is a tero like cell except that it is submersed up to the top of the plates. at he end the whole thing is covered by glue.
6 cells 0.8 LPM/ 10.5A cold
11-03-2008 04:29 PM