Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Where is my PCV line?
cuevasnod3 Offline

Where is my PCV line?
Hi everyone, I know this is a definite newbie question, but I have a 92 honda accord and I have a HHO system that I got off of ebay hooked up to my air intake. But I have seen no results. I know that its making gas but I'm not seeing any gains. I've read a lot on the forum and think that I should hook up to a vacuum line. But I also read that I don't want to hook into the break line etc.

So I need to know which line is my pcv line? I've read and understand (for the most part) the vacuum and the worry about getting water in the line. I have a check valve on the top of my generator that is supposed to help with that. Either way after trying several different things this is where my lack of car knowledge has stopped me.

I've attached a picture so if anyone wants to maybe circle it using paint or something I'd really really appreciate it. Thanks so much.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

11-18-2008 10:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wes77 Offline

RE: Where is my PCV line?
One thing I would do first is do a quick displacement test on the cell to make sure it is producing enough gas to make a difference. I bought a cell off of e-bay that was producing only 1/8 lpm at 4x the electrolyte concentration the guy recommended. I didn't see any results either when installed, then decided to start doing some testing. The guy lied about production, bigtime...

Anyway, I believe your pcv line is one of the two rubber lines going to your valve cover. I would have to guess it is the center one that goes to the intake manifold as that would have manifold vacuum to pull the spent gasses back into the engine. Not completely sure without being there to inspect, but that is my educated guess from the picture.

I hope that helps.

-Wes
11-18-2008 12:19 PM
cuevasnod3 Offline

wes77 Wrote:One thing I would do first is do a quick displacement test on the cell to make sure it is producing enough gas to make a difference. I bought a cell off of e-bay that was producing only 1/8 lpm at 4x the electrolyte concentration the guy recommended. I didn't see any results either when installed, then decided to start doing some testing. The guy lied about production, bigtime...

Anyway, I believe your pcv line is one of the two rubber lines going to your valve cover. I would have to guess it is the center one that goes to the intake manifold as that would have manifold vacuum to pull the spent gasses back into the engine. Not completely sure without being there to inspect, but that is my educated guess from the picture.

I hope that helps.

-Wes

After doing some reading I realize by displacement you don't mean something like put the end of the hose in say a glass of water to make sure air is coming out. I searched the forum and people talk about it a lot but I never saw it explained. I noticed there is a tool to get a reading but when I looked on ebay it was about $80, if i was looking at the right one.

Also for the picture, are you talking about one of the two lines I've circled in the following picture?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2008 01:28 PM by cuevasnod3.)
11-18-2008 12:56 PM
wes77 Offline

The line circled in the center is the line I would choose. I hope i'm not incorrect, but usually the pcv line runs from the valve cover to the intake manifold.

In regards to production, fill a 5 gallon pail with water, submerge a 1 liter bottle (or a multiple of that size) until all air is out of it. Turn the cell on, insert the output tube into the upside down bottle beneath the water line and gently support the bottle as it fills with gas and rises. Time how long it takes to fill with gas and you have your output. variables can be the temp of the cell, electrolyte concentration, etc, but you'll get an idea if the thing works.

The cell I bought made 1/8 of a liter in a minute. the guy claims 2 lpm. It just doesn't work as claimed, thus I really shouldn't expect gains with that cell even though it was installed properly.

-Wes
11-18-2008 02:25 PM
cuevasnod3 Offline

That makes sense, thanks a ton for explaining that to me. I'll test it out and let you know soon. The one in the middle runs to the box that says fuel injection, does that make a difference? Do you think I could stop by like an auto parts store and someone there could tell me? (not that I don't trust you, just so they can actually see it)
11-18-2008 02:33 PM
wes77 Offline

A local mechanic could tell you, maybe auto parts store. The easiest way is just to pull off the intake side of the hose off the manifold and put your thumb over the port. If it sucks your thumb onto the port, you have manifold vacuum and that is most likely your line.

Also, if you pull lightly up on the valve cover end of that hose, a little plastic device that rattles when you shake it should come up with it out of a rubber grommet in the valve cover (just lightly presses into place), that's your pcv valve.

-Wes
11-18-2008 02:45 PM