Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Where's my refund?
wboggs Offline

Where's my refund?
Eagle Research,

I placed an order for an EFIE from you back in June, by August I not only found out that you in fact are not located in the state of Washington as your web site indicates which caused me an extra fee charged to my checking account, but being tired of waiting I canceled my order more than 2 weeks ago which you acknowledged via email but you have yet to refund my money. Is this why, as you said, you needed to move to Canada to do your business because it makes it harder for people from America to get what they should from you and enforce consumer laws doing business with you?

It's time to step up to the plate and do the right thing, give me my money back. And quit getting upset with me as a customer for becoming aggravated when emails and other contact attempts dont get replied to. If you dont have the time to do business, stop doing business with the public. Your excuse of "you're only in the office one week a month doesn't get it; you've had my money for going on 3 months now. You should have done the refund when you acknowledged the cancellation like every other merchant does.
08-06-2008 04:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wboggs Offline

RE: Where's my refund?
Apparently my post workedMad; I got my refund after months of waiting for a completed transaction.Gasp

Be careful people.
08-07-2008 05:34 AM
George Wiseman Offline

Bill and readers,
Mr Boggs purchased an EFIE from us on June 27/08, order #7735. Our eStore does not allow you to purchase unless you agree to our terms, which include a 4 week delivery.

We are primarily an R&D company, and only fill orders every second week, working in our lab on the off weeks. We've been doing this since 1984, have served hundreds of thousands of customers and survived 7 government investigations. We were investigated SOLELY because we sell fuel saving information and devices. We have, to the best of my knowledge, not had one legitimate customer complaint since we started business. Government agencies in both USA and Canada were, and are, completely satisfied with our business practices; and they made a point of looking at how we refunded customers.

On July 23-26/08, less than four weeks later, Mr. Boggs flooded all our email addresses with requests for cancelation and refund of his EFIE. When my email responses obviously weren't getting through (because he didn't acknowledge any of them), I phoned him (and anyone who know us knows our policy is not to call). I explained that I had cancelled his order on July 23/08 and I listed the reasons it'd be a few days before I could refund and he seemed amicable.

I did refund when I said I would, and it can take up to 10 days for a refund to post back to the customer. In the meantime Mr. Boggs made this post. All I can say is that I'm very glad he is no longer one of our customers. We don't need that kind of behavior on our team. We need honest communication and patience. We are sometimes slow, but when so there are very good reasons. I have the reputation of, even if slow, always delivering a superior product.

All the facts above are part of electronic records that I can't change. The eStore and my bank's merchant services lock in the data so it becomes part of a permanent record.

So thank you for taking the time to read this response and please enjoy our, ever better, appropriate-alternative solutions.

Sincerely, George Wiseman
08-07-2008 04:41 PM
wboggs Offline

George please allow me to point out the errors in your defense.

ecopegasus Wrote:Bill and readers,
Mr Boggs purchased an EFIE from us on June 27/08, order #7735. Our eStore does not allow you to purchase unless you agree to our terms, which include a 4 week delivery.

I would have been tickled with a 4 week delivery; breach number one and I noticed you didn't mention that as a part of my wait, you were on vacation for, what was it, 2 weeks?

ecopegasus Wrote:On July 23-26/08, less than four weeks later, Mr. Boggs flooded all our email addresses with requests for cancelation and refund of his EFIE. When my email responses obviously weren't getting through (because he didn't acknowledge any of them)

Not one of your emails were not acknowledged, NOT ONE. And I flooded your email box with emails and faxed you as well because you weren't answering my emails so I emailed two different departments and tried faxing as well in hopes there was someone, somewhere. Also, I canceled for 2 reasons; late delivery and the fact that you are deceptive as to where your business is and it cost me an extra fee to have done business outside of America while I placed an order with a company that only shows an address in Oroville, Washington and unlike what you claim, you web site doesn't say that's only a postal address and certainly doesn't say that in fact you are in another Country.

ecopegasus Wrote:I explained that I had cancelled his order on July 23/08 and I listed the reasons it'd be a few days before I could refund and he seemed amicable.

That's a flat out lie; you never said the refund would be delayed at all and had I gotten the refund in, and I quote "a few days" I would have been tickled. It is also a lie that I agreed to any length of time for a refund. I expected that as most merchants it would be immediate. Here is all the information I got about when the refund would be:

Order Information
Order #7735
Order Date: Friday 27 June, 2008
Products
1 x Electronic Fuel Injection Enhancer (EFIE) Device $60.00
Sub-Total: $60.00
Non-Traceable Shipping & Handling (
we can not be held responsible for lost orders if shipped non-traceable): $6.00
Total: $66.00

Status History & Comments
06/27/2008 Order in Queue
07/01/2008 Order Processing
07/23/2008 Refund Pending Cancel order at customer request by FAX and three emails/gw

ecopegasus Wrote:I did refund when I said I would, and it can take up to 10 days for a refund to post back to the customer.

You refunded me 15 days after the cancellation and that refund was as a result of filing complaints with both Visa and my bank who immediately refunded the money since you were even being considered a possible fraud case.

ecopegasus Wrote:We don't need that kind of behavior on our team. We need honest communication and patience. We are sometimes slow, but when so there are very good reasons.

George, would you know honest if it were taped to your forehead? Your response if full of out right lies and at least part of the reason you were late/slow was you were on vacation. You might think that's a good reason but most customers wouldn't.

And the biggest lie.....
ecopegasus Wrote:I phoned him (and anyone who know us knows our policy is not to call). I explained that I had cancelled his order on July 23/08 and I listed the reasons it'd be a few days before I could refund and he seemed amicable.

You never phoned me you lyer.

This is the only response I got about the order delay and your phantom Washington state location:

Bill,

Flooding me with emails and FAX won't do you any good when I'm not even in the office. If you remember from the eStore we alternate weeks in the lab/shop and in the office.

However, since we are in a backorder situation I work by myself in the office during the evening to night, answering emails to let people know there is someone here. In my line of work I need to go the extra mile.

I'm sorry your bank charged you extra money. If you had respectfully asked I would have been quite willing to compensate you for that. As it is, I have absolutely no problem canceling your order and refunding your money.

I would get an merchant account in the US if I could, but in the 25 years I've been in business in the US, not one bank would give me merchant privileges. I am a US citizen (born in Montana) but I had to go to another country to do business as a 'mail order fuel saving' company. I live in Canada because I like it here and I married a Canadian.

I do everything I can to serve my US customers without them needing to get their orders from a 'foreign' country. The Oroville address is only a shipping/receiving depot, as both the website and all our literature says. These are just the realities of my situation.

I'm sorry you are upset and I'm sorry you didn't trust me enough to make it right.
I'll cancel your order and credit you right away. Yet you say I agreed to a 10 day wait then it became only 15 days after filing a complaint about you to the authorities.
George

On 23-Jul-08, at 5:34 PM, William Boggs wrote:

Are you going to answer me; cancel this order and credit my account? I know it’s not been shipped yet so cancel it and don’t you dare ignore my request and ship it anyway.

This is what you replied to, finally; sounds to me like someone is frustrated that he isn't getting answers to me. Do you see how many lies you told George?

Bill Boggs

Yea George, we need honest communication starting with what Country you operate in. Here's a tip, dont ever lie about something you put in writing.

Let me suggest your next post read... I'll address all these issues so they don't happen again.
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2008 05:26 PM by wboggs.)
08-07-2008 05:24 PM
mike Offline

wboggs,

It's cool man. You got your refund, and I'm glad.

I can vouch for George. He is painfully honest. He is also sometimes slow to answer his email and such. You experienced the latter, and probably thought he was trying to stonewall you. I can tell you, from my own experience and dealings with him, that just isn't the case.

Eagle-research is a very stand up company. I'm proud to associate with them.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
08-08-2008 08:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wboggs Offline

mike Wrote:wboggs,

It's cool man. You got your refund, and I'm glad.

I can vouch for George. He is painfully honest. He is also sometimes slow to answer his email and such. You experienced the latter, and probably thought he was trying to stonewall you. I can tell you, from my own experience and dealings with him, that just isn't the case.

Eagle-research is a very stand up company. I'm proud to associate with them.

Well I guess I just must have misread his statement "I'll cancel your order and credit you right away." when I waited 15 days for a refund and got it after I involved the authorities. Either that or something went seriously wrong because his honesty disappeared when he wrote his defense to my experience; it was full of lies.

I do think it was sad for me to have had to gone to the level of persuasion I did to get action. But when you make a mistake or do something wrong; take the high road. The last thing you should do is lie about it and try to make the victim look like the culprit. You just admit it, apologize, correct the situation and move on. He chose the low road and did it publicly. Hopefully he will use this experience to see that he needs to give attention to business on a daily basis and not just one week a month.

Eagle-research wasn't a very stand up company in my experience.

Buy the way my goal is to be able to own my experience, get the refund and put them on guard for their future; not to assault them. I keep posting because I'm either being told I was wrong or my experience isn't valid; not to continue to smear them. I will continue to respond to posts trivializing what happened.

Sorry but I have to add: Mike you and I may have a different definition of honest but as I have been thinking back on this, the problem started when I was shocked to learn I did business out of the Country when I have only been given an address in Washington state. Now when I think about that, I live in Pittsburgh, PA and if I opened a post office box I would not go to Toronto, Canada to open it unless I didn't want people to know I lived in Pittsburgh. When someone shows a PO Box as an address, it is natural to assume they live within a very convenient distance from said PO Box, not in another country. I call that dishonest, you may not but I think you actually would agree with me.
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2008 06:38 AM by wboggs.)
08-09-2008 06:18 AM
Mark Lee Offline

I don't know about some people.
I've bought the efie manuel and the efie it took a while to get here but I read the agreement and understand the time it takes to fill bunches of orders and the 2 week delay on work.
No problem "patients"
I'm very satisfied!
09-21-2008 08:16 PM
dodge challenger Offline

gas4 free seems to want to direct people to-this fuel saver org.already knew the techno bull liked his build idea -- but for a person whos on your 1st day a carpentry not an engineer type hey vic weres my $ no specs no sizing hmmm like ta hear this one weres my big dollar? i aint runnin a little honda son Smile
(This post was last modified: 10-14-2008 07:27 AM by dodge challenger.)
10-13-2008 11:52 PM