Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Where's the Roebic!
cjpeaceful Offline

Where's the Roebic!
Well, I'm not saying there is a conspiracy going on here but every Lowe's store within my county no longer carries Roebic Heavy Duty Drain Opener.

Great. Now I have to buy the stuff online and pay 5 bucks for shipping on an 8.00 product!Tongue
11-03-2008 12:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RDKamikaze Offline
Because Saving Gas Matters

RE: Where's the Roebic!
Oh noes!! WHY Lowes, WHY?!?! Maybe it's the gas companies, they're realizing that people are rerbelling with Roebic and SS wall plates. Next thing you know all thee SS wall plates will be gone, and then the distilled water will be contaminated!! *dun dun dduunnn*

Well, I guess you COULD stock up on the Roebic and order a few bottles and sell them on ebay, seeing how people need to realize that baking soda is NOT the answer. You could help save generators' lives and ake some money back, yeah! lol Tongue

That's a bummer to hear it's gone though. could get some from the store and ship it to you for cheaper than that if you would really like. I'm all out for reaching out to my colleagues.

My Car:
2006 Toyota Solara 2.4L 4cyl.
-Aftermarket (JPP) header
-DNX exhaust
-Injen Short-Ram Intake (SRI)

Add yourself to the HHO member map!!
11-03-2008 12:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hygear Offline

cjpeaceful Wrote:Well, I'm not saying there is a conspiracy going on here but every Lowe's store within my county no longer carries Roebic Heavy Duty Drain Opener.

Great. Now I have to buy the stuff online and pay 5 bucks for shipping on an 8.00 product!Tongue

If you have an Ace Hardware nearby they carry Red Devil lye.

2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quadcab 4x4 5.7 hemi
11-03-2008 12:32 PM
cjpeaceful Offline

Thanks guys!

Hygear, there are at least a half dozen Ace Hardware stores in the county. I'll give them a try.
11-03-2008 12:43 PM
mrbillr Offline

hygear Wrote:
cjpeaceful Wrote:Well, I'm not saying there is a conspiracy going on here but every Lowe's store within my county no longer carries Roebic Heavy Duty Drain Opener.

If you have an Ace Hardware nearby they carry Red Devil lye.

The Ace Hardware here does not carry Red Devil. But they do have another brand of Lye Drain cleaner.
I asked for Red Devil Lye, and they showed me this other stuff. Looked like crystalized granuals and did not say it had "added stuff".

Whatever you buy, read the label.

MrBill
2008 f250 XLT 6.4 diesel 2x4 automatic extended cab
11-03-2008 04:04 PM
Thurman Offline

A couple of things I want to say here: 1) I belong to a few other Forum's for various subjects ranging from old cars to whatever. On all of the other Forum's I belong to we are able (if we want to) to post our location with our user name, I don't see that here and wonder if it would be helpful. 2) Re: Lowe's "Reobic Heavy Duty Drain Cleaner", according to one of my friends who is a Chemical Engineer and operates a very successful chemical supply company: "Lowe's Reobic Heavy Duty Drain Cleaner", IS NOT pure lye nor pure Sodium Hydroxide. He has the MSDS sheets on this as he also owns a "Spill Containment" business. Lowe's is required by law to have them in the store but you have to ask to see them. "Lowe's Reobic Heavy Duty Drain Cleaner" is much like Drano in that it contains minute amounts of aluminum, magnesium and other trace metals. All of those and the lye are what creates the foaming and heat when mixed with water to clear the drain. Personally, I would not use it. Maybe Lowe's got wind of people using it in HHO generators and pulled it to prevent product liability claims. 3) The Ace Hardware brand of "Pure Lye" is indeed pure lye or Sodium Hydroxide according to the Federal Book on chemicals and their contents and the MSDS sheet on this product. Again, Ace Hardware Stores are required to have the MSDS sheets on their products in the store for you to see upon request. I would use it but I'm happy with using the Potassium Hydroxide (KOH) for now. 4) Along the same lines: I have talked to the manager of our (Albany, Ga.) local Home Depot Store as to why there are no stainless steel blank switch plates in the electrical department. His reasoning is simple, he was advised by Home Depot Headquarters to pull them off the shelf as people are buying them to use the stainless steel plates to build Hydrogen Generators and they do not want any part of any liability claims associated with this use of these plates. His statement was that if someone wants SS plates they can get them at Lowe's or a local electrical supply house. We, the builders of HHO equipment, may be cutting off our suppliers of parts and not really knowing it. Just my 2¢ worth, Thanks, David.
11-03-2008 04:20 PM
daddymikey1975 Offline

Thurman Wrote:I have talked to the manager of our (Albany, Ga.) local Home Depot Store as to why there are no stainless steel blank switch plates in the electrical department. His reasoning is simple, he was advised by Home Depot Headquarters to pull them off the shelf as people are buying them to use the stainless steel plates to build Hydrogen Generators and they do not want any part of any liability claims associated with this use of these plates. His statement was that if someone wants SS plates they can get them at Lowe's or a local electrical supply house. Just my 2¢ worth, Thanks, David.

This doesn't surprise me in the least. For what it's worth, it seems as though the lowes plates are of better quality anyways LOL Smile

conspiracy.. maybe.. Home Depot working against us, DEFINITELY and it won't be long before we can no longer get the plates we like to play with... seems as if all the Corporate Jagoffs follow suit.. (and this is my 2 cents worth Smile )
11-03-2008 04:59 PM
thomasbala Offline

... seems as if all the Corporate Jagoffs follow suit.. (and this is my 2 cents worth Smile )
[/quote]

Oh how I wish it were a conspiracy against us HHO'ers. It would mean we're getting somewhere; making an impact; hurting "big oil's" bottom line. Alas, the real reason is your friendly neighborhood dope dealer. NaOH is unfortunately used in the home manufacture of methamphetamine [the Nazi process for you chemists out there]. I wish there were more data on different electrolytes. I know KOH is the best, followed by NaOH, but, I've had my "pops" and I can't afford more radiators or a/c condensers. Believe it or not I'm having good luck with citric acid [colorless Kool Aid]. If it works out I'll go to pure sodium citrate. Chemists, where are you? Help! We need a good, non-corrosive electrolyte; you know, lots of production, low amps, little heat, no rust, etc.
11-03-2008 06:19 PM
gtkco Offline

Just perfect! I start all of my experimentation using Roebic because it is readily available and cheap. I swear I if like something, it's guaranteed to be discontinued! No the reason why they are pulling these things is because of the damn lawyers and our legal lottery mentality society who believes that other people should pay for their stupidity! The sad part is that they win. So companies can't take the chance.
11-03-2008 07:46 PM
thomasbala Offline

If you insist on using a corrosive and you have to pay shipping you might as well use the best: KOH, not NaOH. Wish we had something that works as well as the "alkalies" without the problems.
11-03-2008 08:30 PM