Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Where to feed the tube?
bowrabob Offline

Where to feed the tube?
I have a Mr G type cell, well at least I think it is, the unit is sealed so I can't really check. I emailed the guy that sells them but he's not giving anything away. I would like to know the best place to feed the tube. I have a 4.1 litre carburettor model. Should I feed through the top of the air cleaner directly above the butterfly?
07-26-2008 04:00 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mark Blab Offline

RE: Where to feed the tube?
Hi, here's what you do find out what size PCV hose you have then obtain a barbed T vacuum fitting from your local auto parts store you should also obtain a Full flow check valve, once you have these items, proceed to cut the pcv hose in a spot were you will have room for access install the T into the pcv hose then run a appropriate length (6" or so ) from the T to the check valve purchased (make sure the check valve is pointed in the right direction arrow pointing in the direction of flow or direction of the T) then run a hose to your hho unit or units, the PCV hose has high vacuum and is the most efficient way to assemble these systems.

P.S Some people even go a step further a add another T to split the gas into the ported vacuum on your carb. Ported vacuum can generally be identified on the carb by noticing its location it will be on a higher location related to the base of the carb.

Good luck,

Mark Blab
(This post was last modified: 07-27-2008 03:31 AM by Mark Blab.)
07-27-2008 03:27 AM
we5e Offline

In my install I was able to drill a hole directly across from PCV and air intake on the throttle body, the vac seems good, but is it doing what it needs to be doing? I also have a feed to the air intake just after the air filter, from what I have read that is supposed to help at idle, and ideas? Oh my vehicle is a 99 GMC Sanoma. 2.2 l.
07-27-2008 04:29 AM
bowrabob Offline

Thanx for your help guys, I'm new at this, all help is greatly appreciated.

Bob
07-28-2008 04:18 AM