Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Where to find good info for hydroxy on a furnace
mojoman317717 Offline

Where to find good info for hydroxy on a furnace
Sorry to start a thread for this but I just can't seem to find what im looking for. Really want to find a thread or another forum if need be to find good info pertaining to installing a hydroxy booster on a natural gas home furnace. Can anyone help? I live in Minnesota and I burn a lot of gas in my furnace all winter long, ya know.
10-25-2010 08:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Roland Jacques Offline

RE: Where to find good info for hydroxy on a furnace
(10-25-2010 08:45 PM)mojoman317717 Wrote:  Sorry to start a thread for this but I just can't seem to find what im looking for. Really want to find a thread or another forum if need be to find good info pertaining to installing a hydroxy booster on a natural gas home furnace. Can anyone help? I live in Minnesota and I burn a lot of gas in my furnace all winter long, ya know.

Its a good question.

I no the energy loss issue for standard HHO production is a concern for some but puting that aside for now. I also would like to no if anyone has done this. I would like some info on converting a Gas furnace to run off HHO.
10-26-2010 06:50 AM
mojoman317717 Offline

This is exactly why I want to find information on this type of application for HHO. In my limited experience it seems likely that electricity costs less than does natural gas, thus I would have a net gain. And even if there is no cost benefit, natural gas is still a fossil fuel which produces CO2 emmissions, right? So the environmental benefits are worth considering.

Also to be clear, I'm not talking about a furnace conversion to 100% HHO (huge project). I'm thinking in terms similar to how HHO is used in automobile applications, where the HHO will supplement the natural gas.

Surely somone out there has already thought of this stuff. There must be a forum or web site, or videos, or somebody who knows someone out there where those of us interested in this avenue can go to get good solid info.

Help please.
10-26-2010 07:19 AM
Roland Jacques Offline

I don't agree about getting any net gain from replacing NG with conventional Electrolysis HHO (speaking of 100% conversion). But there are other factors that can make worth while anyway. not to mention any Over Faraday HHO possibilities

As far as boosting natural gas with HHO. I have seen some adding it to propane, no solid proof showing any gains, but there were reports of Zero smell when HHO is added to propane. They also reported more BTUs but it was not a very good test.
10-26-2010 02:28 PM
Zipstor Offline

http://www.hhohhu.com/

This is a good system but it costs a few bucks.... I reckon you can buy a quad cell from the smack or fireinthewater and modify your natural gas burner.

>> http://brownsgas.com
(This post was last modified: 10-27-2010 03:47 PM by Zipstor.)
10-27-2010 03:47 PM