Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Where to mount the DUAL EFIE
smt0954 Offline

Where to mount the DUAL EFIE
Mike:

i read in one of your posts, you installed your EFIE under the hood inside the engine compartment. i believe you indicated back upper area. basically you wanted it to 'heat up' as quick as possible.

i mounted mine inside the cab of my truck.

give us a little more detailed explanation of why and where to mount the EFIE.

i'd also like to know your situation - vehicle, mpg improvements, area you drive in, daily commutes.

thanks,

Steve T
Central Arkansas
2005 GMC Sierra 5.3L
Dual EFIE, Max Warmer, Drilled Spark Plugs, Acetone/Xylene/Oil additive, FlashPaq Programmer
04-01-2008 03:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: Where to mount the DUAL EFIE
Hi Steve,

Inside your cab is fine, particularly in Arkansas. The EFIE has cold sensitivity, particularly extreme cold. It doesn't generate enough of it's own heat to overcome extreme cold. That's why I recommend that location. But that advice wasn't for the weather in Arkansas. It was for New England. You can mount it anywhere you find convenient.

I drive a 1995 Dodge Neon with fuel injection. I actually don't drive much at all, as my business is in my home, and I get most of my materials shipped to me. I therefore haven't upgraded my crappy electrolyser to a good one, which I've been meaning to do for quite some time now. Regardless of that I started out getting 21 mpg with this car, and am getting 31 now. I know I can get it up to 40, but I've just been too busy lately to do anything else with it. My EFIE sales have doubled every month for the last 4 months!

Anyway, when I get around to it, I'll probably build a HyZor unit, or maybe one off of Bob Boyce's plans.

The terrain here is quite hilly. I live at the beach, but the coast mountains come right up to the ocean here, so there isn't much flat driving, and some of the driving is on pretty steep hills.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
04-01-2008 04:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply