Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Which HHo to use
Pat Offline

Which HHo to use
I am going to get a generator, but there are so many on the market, all over the place with construction materials. I have a 6cyc 2005 Nissan truck and Pathfinder, same engine and year. I plan to use a 6 cell system and have found several on the web. One use lye instead of baking soda. From researching this stuff, lye does produce more gas. So I am looking for some suggestions instead of randomly buying one. Pat
04-11-2008 12:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
grusson Offline

RE: Which HHo to use
pat, i dont know how much hho trial and error you have done, but i do know that roughly half of the kits out there are not what your looking for. i hunted for hho systems over the better part of a year before buying one. i decided to go with the magdrive 11a series hho gen. the folks at mag drive were, and continue to be, great to work with. they build a solid reliable hho system thats easy to install. mine has been running on a 2005 ford pickup for a while now, and i love it! it runs great, has no leaks, and i believe i got what i paid for. at just under
$ 400.00 for the kit, i believe its the best bang for the buck. i dont want to knock any other kits out there, i just wanted you to know what i've seen. the next logical step after the hho, is the o2 sensor fix. this will give you a (true) MPG gain. hho is just the start. i've not yet modded my o2 sensors because they are really AFR sensors. a totally different animal. but i plan to continue the mods to reach my goal. as far as hho is concerned, (GO FOR IT ! )
GR
05-01-2008 12:09 PM
Pat Offline

I took your advice and ordered the 11a from magfuels. It's in the mail. I also found a nice one from hydrofuelsolutions. I have that one installed and it works fine. I did find that you really need a reservoir system to keep these things full of solution. It beats opening the hood all the time. In the FAQ's from magfuels, they state that you don't need to do anything to the computer sensors; no 02 extenders or MAF stuff. Just install the inlet after the MAF sensor in the throttle body. I haven't driven mine enough yet to see whats happening. I did extend the 02 sensors anyway. Pat
05-03-2008 04:00 PM
bourdonz Offline

Pat Wrote:I took your advice and ordered the 11a from magfuels. It's in the mail. I also found a nice one from hydrofuelsolutions. I have that one installed and it works fine. I did find that you really need a reservoir system to keep these things full of solution. It beats opening the hood all the time. In the FAQ's from magfuels, they state that you don't need to do anything to the computer sensors; no 02 extenders or MAF stuff. Just install the inlet after the MAF sensor in the throttle body. I haven't driven mine enough yet to see whats happening. I did extend the 02 sensors anyway. Pat

i my english is not very good i speak french ..i have nissan pathfinder with 3.5 liters and i have one hho kit home made with 4 plate ss 2 1/2 x 5 inches+-+- and i have good product +- 1 litre pm maby and install the inlet after maf sensor but the result is not very good for me 6.00km litre 6.20km litre with kit ??Sad
05-04-2008 09:20 AM
colchiro Offline

Bourdonz, how much current are you running to the cell? Have you sealed all possible hho leaks? Some people get better results introducing hho before the MAF and some after.

You may get more benefit by tweaking your sensors.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
05-04-2008 09:35 AM
bourdonz Offline

colchiro Wrote:Bourdonz, how much current are you running to the cell? Have you sealed all possible hho leaks? Some people get better results introducing hho before the MAF and some after.

You may get more benefit by tweaking your sensors.

13 volt maby 20 amps an two recip with 2 1/2 litre water with caustic naoh and my system no leaks.Cool
05-04-2008 09:48 AM
colchiro Offline

I'd check your o2 sensor type and consider an EFIE and tweak the sensors.

20 amps when fully warmed up?

Have you measured your hho output?

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
05-04-2008 10:00 AM
bourdonz Offline

colchiro Wrote:I'd check your o2 sensor type and consider an EFIE and tweak the sensors.

20 amps when fully warmed up?

Have you measured your hho output?

fully warmed 1litre pm+hho output .. i dont tweak 02 sensors?
05-04-2008 11:08 AM
bourdonz Offline

i dont tweak 02 sensor...but after tweak o2 sensor is work better
05-04-2008 11:13 AM
Glennjr Offline

Acetone/Xylene soup

Has anybody had trouble with the Acetone/Xylene mixture giving problems to plastic parts in the fuel systems ?? I know they are both very destructive to plastics. Would like to know before I try it in my wife's vehicle. She has no sense of humor.
Big Grin
05-04-2008 11:26 AM