Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Which side to cut?
CrazyJoey Offline

Which side to cut?
I have a question. When attaching the wires from the EFIE to the O2 sensors like it states in the instructions, would it be better to cut on the O2 sensor side or the computer side, after the wiring harness?
05-25-2009 09:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: Which side to cut?
It's better to cut on the computer side. The sensor often uses stainless steel wire, which is very difficult to solder. Other than that, it makes no difference where you make your connections.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
05-26-2009 10:12 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cmac0351 Offline

The computer side makes more sense, too. That way, if you ever had to replace the o2 sensor, you could just unplug the old one and install the new one instead of having to cut wires all over again.
05-27-2009 11:15 AM
Lyn Barnes Offline

Besides an EFIE (FROM FUEL SAVER) I have a question about driving with only my MAPE installed. First, can I just use the MAPE to adjust the air to fuel ratio and not install the EFIE? I have the MAPE installed, but have not tested it by driving with it yet. What kind of problems will that give me?
Second, I am sure my family (wife and son) wll not want to learn enough about these gadgets to operate the car and adjust as needed. What will I need to k now if I just turn off the power to the HHO gen (I have a switch between the power source and the HHO gen) will there be a problem if I turn that off and still have the MAPE connected (thinking of the cut to install the MAPE); will I be leaving the former operation of the MAP useless?
Third, my '08 Chev LT 3,5 eng has the O2 sensor in such an awkward plce that it seems to be very difficult to get to it to even release the plug to the connection at the engine to find the corre ct wires to which the EFIE is to be connected. Being able to find the connections close to the ECM seems to be improbable (for me). The ECM is under the air breather body if I read the schematics and related info correctly.
Any help? Thanks Unfettered Lyn Barnes
07-10-2009 03:54 PM