Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Which wire to use?
hho_newbie Offline

Which wire to use?
Hello everybody!

Since I'm new to EFIE I have a question about which wire to use to controll front a/f sensor. I have Quad Digital EFIE installed on my Infiniti FX35 with HHO producing about 1.5-2 LPM and have no gains. So I assume there is something wrong with the installation. I've attached a picture with wiring diagram taken from Infiniti Complete Service Manual. I'm currently using the wire that an arrow is pointing at. Is this a correct wire?
Any help will be appreciated... Thanks. Eugene.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

03-04-2011 07:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: Which wire to use?
The Quad Digital EFIE is a narrow band EFIE. You need the Wideband Quad for that sensor.

"A/F Sensor" is another name for a wide band oxygen sensor. It will never work with the Quad Digital EFIE.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
03-04-2011 07:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hho_newbie Offline

Hi Mike!
Thanks for reply! efie that I have is a Wideband Quad. Sorry I didn't clarify that.
03-04-2011 07:38 PM
mike Offline

The wire with 3.1 volts appears to be correct. But that data doesn't make complete sense, so I can't be sure. You have 2 heater wires, but I don't see any voltages that are consistent with a heater.

If you can go down to the actual sensors, and tell me what color the sensors wires are that correspond to the wires you have in your diagram that would help. The sensor will have 2 wires the same color, and those will be the heater. That leaves only 2 wires left. The one you want has the higher voltage of the 2.

Visit Our Documents Page
03-04-2011 08:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hho_newbie Offline

I'm gonna try to get to the actual sensor, but, meanwhile, I want to show You a picture from the Manual regarding a/f heater wire...
If I'm not mistaken, red arrow points at heater wire,the blue arrow - at wire that is mentioned in installation instructions (A/F-IP1), but this wire has only 2.3V... And I am using wire which is marked with green arrow.
Sorry if I made it complicated...
Thanks...

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 03-04-2011 09:51 PM by hho_newbie.)
03-04-2011 09:48 PM
hho_newbie Offline

This EFIE looks exactly like mine...

http://www.water4gas.com/Quad-Digital-EFIE-Basic.html

Sorry for stupid question:
Is this a WIDEBAND efie? Or I just got fooled by the seller?
03-05-2011 05:29 AM
mike Offline

I copied this from the text in your link, that you posted above:

Quote:Note: Many Japanese and some German manufacturers have started using wide band oxygen sensors. Wide band oxygen sensors require a different type of EFIE. The Quad Digital won't work them.

I manufacture the Quad Digital EFIE. I can tell you categorically that it's for narrow band oxygen sensors, and will not work on wide bands. We also carry a Wideband Quad and a Wideband Dual EFIE, for cars that have wide band sensors.

If you were told that EFIE will work on wide band sensors, the person was mistaken. Who sold it to you? Do you have a link to their site?

Visit Our Documents Page
03-05-2011 08:12 AM
hho_newbie Offline

Hi Mike and everybody!
Sorry for delay, I was away from my computer for a few days and now I'm back.

So... All I can say about this is F***CK!!!!! Excuse my French!
If this is true, than that explains alot! That explains why ever since I've installed this device I get this dtc p0171 - "system too lean". I broke my brain trying to understand why I get this message if efie is supposed to "correct" the signals from sensors and ecm should see them "rich"... That explains why the engine cuts off from time to time with P1271-P1272 (Air fuel ratio (A/F) sensor circuit no activity detected ), 'cause according to installation instruction for this device I had to cut wideband sensor signal wire, while it has to stay uncut...
Damn! I'm gonna send an e-mail to the guy I purchased this device from and we'll see what he has to say. BTW, I bout it from here http://www.hhokitsdirect.com/efie.php . They look serious. I hope they'll fix this misunderstanding...
Mike! I appreciate Your help very much.Thanks alot!
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2011 04:26 AM by hho_newbie.)
03-07-2011 04:24 AM
mike Offline

They are a good outfit. But the link you sent actually shows both models on it. The Quad Digital listing says that its for narrow band sensors. Then, just below it is shown the Wideband Quad EFIE.

Did you not know you had wide band o2 sensors when you purchased the EFIE?

Visit Our Documents Page
03-07-2011 09:01 AM
hho_newbie Offline

I did, Mike ! i got this info from You by filling request form on Your website.
That's what I've ordered - wideband quad efie... And received this instead...
Untill now I was totally sure I have the right device. I saw this efie was a little different from the picture, but the guy said he has a totally new device from manufacturer. So I thought the difference is because maybe of a new design...
Anyway , I've already sent an e-mail to them and waiting for an answer...
03-07-2011 10:21 AM