Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
White residue build up
mohadeeb Offline

White residue build up
Is anyone else getting white residue build up in their hoses. I'm using a modified w4gas wet cell with 6 ss switch plates -nnnn+. I have a layer of steel wool over the output connection to filter the water vapors. Not sure why I am getting the white residue.

My electrolyte is 3 tsp NaOH a 1/4 cup distilled vinegar and 32 oz distilled water.

Fight The Future!

Mohadeeb
12-10-2009 08:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hydro-Cell UK Offline

RE: White residue build up
(12-10-2009 08:49 PM)mohadeeb Wrote:  Is anyone else getting white residue build up in their hoses. I'm using a modified w4gas wet cell with 6 ss switch plates -nnnn+. I have a layer of steel wool over the output connection to filter the water vapors. Not sure why I am getting the white residue.

My electrolyte is 3 tsp NaOH a 1/4 cup distilled vinegar and 32 oz distilled water.

Hi
I only use 1/8th of a tsp of NaOH per ltr of distilled water it may be your mix is to strong how many amps do you need to use?
12-11-2009 12:13 PM
abe Offline

Most of the time thar white chaulky looking subtance in hoses and sometimes on the out side of your cell will be lie that is left when the water evaporates.Be careful with it it will burn you too.When you get it on your hands it feels slippery when you wash it off.
12-11-2009 01:53 PM
mohadeeb Offline

Thanks. I started out with 1/4 tsp but kept increasing to see how hot I could run it. Even at 3 tsp the water is only warm after running it for an hour of driving. havent ran it any longer than that yet. any suggestions on why it isnt blowing fuse? 20 amp fuse in the line. have not hooked up an amp meter yet.

However when i hook it up to my solar batteries it gets really hot after 30 minutes. Not sure why. would an inline air dryer help keep this junk from getting into the engine?

Yeah the NaOH is freaky stuff. I used to clean kitchen exhaust hoods and have been burned by it a few times. the stuff i used was a mix of NaOH and other caustics. would melt the grease right off the metal. Except for the Chinese Grease (always a lot of manual scraping there). Always kept a few big jugs of vinegar around just in case.

Fight The Future!

Mohadeeb
12-11-2009 07:19 PM
abe Offline

MO It would be good to hook up a amp meter to keep up with the amps.you'll notice when the water get low the amps go up. Also are you using a separate bubblier. Sounds like your water level might be to high in your cell and pushing electrolite out of your cell.You for sure don't want any of this getting in your engine. Have you measure the amount of HHO your making.
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2009 07:45 AM by abe.)
12-12-2009 07:41 AM
Hydro-Cell UK Offline

(12-11-2009 07:19 PM)mohadeeb Wrote:  Thanks. I started out with 1/4 tsp but kept increasing to see how hot I could run it. Even at 3 tsp the water is only warm after running it for an hour of driving. havent ran it any longer than that yet. any suggestions on why it isnt blowing fuse? 20 amp fuse in the line. have not hooked up an amp meter yet.

However when i hook it up to my solar batteries it gets really hot after 30 minutes. Not sure why. would an inline air dryer help keep this junk from getting into the engine?

Yeah the NaOH is freaky stuff. I used to clean kitchen exhaust hoods and have been burned by it a few times. the stuff i used was a mix of NaOH and other caustics. would melt the grease right off the metal. Except for the Chinese Grease (always a lot of manual scraping there). Always kept a few big jugs of vinegar around just in case.

Hi
Have you hooked up to a low voltage out let? because i find it hard to be leave the cell is not getting hot the amps will determine heat and voltage will determine amps as well?
12-12-2009 09:31 AM
mohadeeb Offline

(12-12-2009 07:41 AM)abe Wrote:  MO It would be good to hook up a amp meter to keep up with the amps.you'll notice when the water get low the amps go up. Also are you using a separate bubblier. Sounds like your water level might be to high in your cell and pushing electrolite out of your cell.You for sure don't want any of this getting in your engine. Have you measure the amount of HHO your making.

wish i had a dv camera to do a vid. i took it out to test production on my solar agm batteries. but do not see bubbles from output hose? it looks like it is producing well but no bubbles. maybe i post some pics if i can get them to post.
Hi
Have you hooked up to a low voltage out let? because i find it hard to be leave the cell is not getting hot the amps will determine heat and voltage will determine amps as well?
[/quote]

i measureed voltage at terminals and is 12.2 volts. no amp meter though.
(12-12-2009 07:41 AM)abe Wrote:  MO It would be good to hook up a amp meter to keep up with the amps.you'll notice when the water get low the amps go up. Also are you using a separate bubblier. Sounds like your water level might be to high in your cell and pushing electrolite out of your cell.You for sure don't want any of this getting in your engine. Have you measure the amount of HHO your making.

I did take hose out of the water and put a bbq lighter up to the end and poof. So i am definitely making HHO but not producing bubbles from the hose in water itself. could it be that the w4g cell design works on vacuum only and does not push the gas from the cell. I modified the design to use plates instead of wires.and using all ss hardware and brass coupler for out put connection. several layers of rubber washers on terminal to keep plastic lid safe.

Fight The Future!

Mohadeeb
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2009 11:18 PM by mohadeeb.)
12-12-2009 10:54 PM
abe Offline

MO. IT good to see you are interested in this technology,but I think your cell is a little small to make enough HHO to improve your gas millage.I'm guessing your plates are around 2x3".That's a good start and you can learn a lot with that.The amount of HHO you make is related to the sq. in of plating an the amps an volts you use. I would suggest you Google HHO Dry cell and watch some video of other people making cell.You can learn a lot that way. Please be careful with your used electrite it contains Hexavalent Chromium. Don't pour it on the ground or down the drain. Some say you can dilute it with sugar .
Good Luck and Be Saft
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2009 06:53 AM by abe.)
12-13-2009 06:52 AM
mohadeeb Offline

(12-13-2009 06:52 AM)abe Wrote:  MO. IT good to see you are interested in this technology,but I think your cell is a little small to make enough HHO to improve your gas millage.I'm guessing your plates are around 2x3".That's a good start and you can learn a lot with that.The amount of HHO you make is related to the sq. in of plating an the amps an volts you use. I would suggest you Google HHO Dry cell and watch some video of other people making cell.You can learn a lot that way. Please be careful with your used electrite it contains Hexavalent Chromium. Don't pour it on the ground or down the drain. Some say you can dilute it with sugar .
Good Luck and Be Saft

Would an inline air filter help keep the residue from forming in the manifold and engine?
(12-13-2009 06:52 AM)abe Wrote:  MO. IT good to see you are interested in this technology,but I think your cell is a little small to make enough HHO to improve your gas millage.I'm guessing your plates are around 2x3".That's a good start and you can learn a lot with that.The amount of HHO you make is related to the sq. in of plating an the amps an volts you use. I would suggest you Google HHO Dry cell and watch some video of other people making cell.You can learn a lot that way. Please be careful with your used electrite it contains Hexavalent Chromium. Don't pour it on the ground or down the drain. Some say you can dilute it with sugar .
Good Luck and Be Saft

Oh and I will investigate the dry cell too,

Fight The Future!

Mohadeeb
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2009 09:34 AM by mohadeeb.)
12-13-2009 09:34 AM
Alttech Offline

The white residue is the caustic coming out of the cell. You lose a little in the vapor coming out of the cell. This will plug up the IAC valve, and also build up on the butterfly in the throttle body. The only way to stop it is to install a bubbler. I have recently heard of using a carbon filter inline. I spoke to someone yesterday that swears by it, but haven't tried it myself. To remove the residue from the throttle body, and/or the IAC valve, use vinegar. Vinegar neutralizes the caustic, which brings me to my question, why are you using vinegar in the mixture? Like I said, vinegar neutralizes the caustic. If you ever got any of the caustic on your hands, vinegar will immediately remove it. Flush you cell extremely well, then add only distilled water and potassium hydroxide, or sodium hydroxide. I guarantee you will not need as much caustic.

Bill
12-13-2009 01:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply