Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Who has the best HOH fuel cell or booster
smt0954 Offline

Who has the best HOH fuel cell or booster
have done lots of reading throughout the internet reviewing the introduction of hydrogen gas into gasoline internal combustion engines (ICE).
i tried the 'water charged' system from Bill Lang (Gulf Laboratories) and had no results. returned the system to him. awaiting my refund.

my vehicle: 2005 GMC Sierra 1/2ton pickup 5.3L V8 VIN Z
stated mileage 15city 18hiway
per the onboard computer - Avg Economy stays around 14.5 - 15.3
i do a mixture of 35mph to 65mph daily driving (ie: neighborhood to interstate to business)
per Lou LaPointe, i'm using 3oz/10gal gas of pure acetone.
he also suggests adding: 1oz/10gal of 5/40 ANY Synthetic oil and 1oz/10gal of xylene
he's also a firm believer of the 20/50W TR-1 Non Synthetic Torco oil (for engine oil) and either Donaldson or Baldwin oil filters.

just using acetone, i immediately get 10% mileage increase. i will be ordering the dual EFIE from Mike to see if additional mileage is actually possible.

i've ordered the MAX WARMER from Lou LaPointe and his 'drilled' spark plugs. awaiting arrival.

i've researched the HAFC (Hydrogen Assist Fuel Cell) kit and the PICC (Pre-Ignition Catalytic Converter - debuting at the Washington International Renewal Energy Conference - Mar 3, 2008). These people promote 50% and more mileage improvements.

so my question is, which hydrogen booster or cell will successfully increase my mileage in my vehicle?
how much hydrogen is necessary to supplement / enhance my environment?

thanks for all future suggestions and/or advice.

Steve T

Steve T
Central Arkansas
2005 GMC Sierra 5.3L
Dual EFIE, Max Warmer, Drilled Spark Plugs, Acetone/Xylene/Oil additive, FlashPaq Programmer
02-13-2008 11:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: Who has the best HOH fuel cell or booster
Hi Steve,

That's an interesting mix of technologies you're working with there. You should get some good cumulative results.

As to your question about which fuel cell you need, I'm afraid I can't answer you. Any fuel cell should work to reduce your fuel consumption. I've used had experience with a water4gas electrolyzer and an EFIE, and seen good results. It's possible that you needed an EFIE in order to get the results you wanted. Is your engine fuel injected? If so, then you'll want to read the articles on the EFIE found here.

It's quite probably true that one model of electrolyzer is more efficient than another, and people will have opinions on this. But I don't like to get into that personally. This site is for users and suppliers of any model electrolyzer, and you'll have to judge for yourself which one you want to buy.

As for the EFIE, I'm hesitant to sell you one if you needed a refund on your previous electrolyzer. I put a lot of time into making them, not to mention the materials costs, and it will do what it's supposed to do. But if you didn't get success with an electrolyzer that I know is workable, then I'm thinking I could similarly get back my EFIE in a used (and unsellable) condition.

I would recommend however, building your own EFIE. You can get the plans from Eagle-Research.com for $8 (last I saw). I've also written an article on how to improve the performance from that design that you can read here.

Good luck with your project.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
02-13-2008 02:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
smt0954 Offline

Mike:

I'm not interested in re-inventing the wheel.
Looks to me like you've got a great EFIE.
My intent is NOT to return my purchase in an unsellable condition. I returned my 'Charged Water' system to Bill Lang because I was NOT experiencing any mileage gain.
Understand the charged water system was not an electrolyzer that gets installed inside the vehicle.

It's your choice as to whom you sell your products to, but I'm not interested in returning any product that works. I spoke several times with Bill Lang regarding the results I was getting, etc.
He was fully aware of the situation and asked me to return the product.

This post was to get other people's opinion as to what solution(s) were working for them.

Sorry if I've offended any one.

Thanks,
Steve T

Steve T
Central Arkansas
2005 GMC Sierra 5.3L
Dual EFIE, Max Warmer, Drilled Spark Plugs, Acetone/Xylene/Oil additive, FlashPaq Programmer
02-13-2008 03:55 PM
mike Offline

Steve,

There's nothing wrong with your post. Also, you can buy an EFIE from me if you want. But I can only guarantee that it'll work insofar as it will produce a floating voltage that will modify your oxygen senor's voltage as advertised. I can't guarantee any fuel savings because I'm not there to ensure a correct installation of your fuel saver(s) and to make the adjustments to the EFIE. I can tell you that I have gotten results on cars I've used it on, as have others who have used them. No one has asked for their money back yet. Mainly, I want to keep it that way.

On my part, I don't want to offend you, or anyone else. I just want to be real about my position and my product. I'm not a big company that makes these things for real cheap, by the 1,000s. In fact, in a week or two, I'll be making a significant price increase. One returned product, and I'm out the cost of the product, basically. I definitely want to avoid that if possible.

Fair enough?

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
02-13-2008 07:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
smt0954 Offline

sounds good to me.
thanks - looking forward to a great product.
keep up the good work!

Steve T
Central Arkansas
2005 GMC Sierra 5.3L
02-14-2008 04:51 AM
braiden79 Offline

Hi

The water Charged system is not for your vehicle is for a carburator cars.

You need a Hydrogen generator cell that produce a good HHO quantity in your pickup maybe a big cell that produce 1 to 2lpm is only my opinion.

Also the EFIE is very necessary to lean the mixture and the dual EFIE of mike is a very good option.

I verified the HAFC system but I tell you that is the same system that you have the only different is the hydrogen cell .

The big different is the O2 optimizer that catch the IAT, O2 and WT sensors, but with the EFIE you can make big different and the IAT or maybe the MAF sensor is easy to change.

smt0954 Wrote:have done lots of reading throughout the internet reviewing the introduction of hydrogen gas into gasoline internal combustion engines (ICE).
i tried the 'water charged' system from Bill Lang (Gulf Laboratories) and had no results. returned the system to him. awaiting my refund.

my vehicle: 2005 GMC Sierra 1/2ton pickup 5.3L V8 VIN Z
stated mileage 15city 18hiway
per the onboard computer - Avg Economy stays around 14.5 - 15.3
i do a mixture of 35mph to 65mph daily driving (ie: neighborhood to interstate to business)
per Lou LaPointe, i'm using 3oz/10gal gas of pure acetone.
he also suggests adding: 1oz/10gal of 5/40 ANY Synthetic oil and 1oz/10gal of xylene
he's also a firm believer of the 20/50W TR-1 Non Synthetic Torco oil (for engine oil) and either Donaldson or Baldwin oil filters.

just using acetone, i immediately get 10% mileage increase. i will be ordering the dual EFIE from Mike to see if additional mileage is actually possible.

i've ordered the MAX WARMER from Lou LaPointe and his 'drilled' spark plugs. awaiting arrival.

i've researched the HAFC (Hydrogen Assist Fuel Cell) kit and the PICC (Pre-Ignition Catalytic Converter - debuting at the Washington International Renewal Energy Conference - Mar 3, 2008). These people promote 50% and more mileage improvements.

so my question is, which hydrogen booster or cell will successfully increase my mileage in my vehicle?
how much hydrogen is necessary to supplement / enhance my environment?

thanks for all future suggestions and/or advice.

Steve T
02-16-2008 11:09 AM
smt0954 Offline

thanks for the info
i appreciate your response
i anxiously await the Max Warmer from Lou LaPointe
i've already rec'd the dual EFIE from Mike - looks like a great product. delivery was very fast and professional.

thanks again!

Steve T
Central Arkansas
2005 GMC Sierra 5.3L
02-16-2008 11:37 AM
qsiguy Offline

I'm working on becoming a dealer/installer/tuner for the HAFC package myself. I have no reason to believe it won't achieve what they guarantee and more but until I have my own test results it's just opinion. I have to wonder if the lack of success with your charged water system might have been the lack of the EFIE. I have tried many things to increase mileage with minimal results but have never used them in conjunction with an EFIE yet. As of this weekend I got my EFIE installed and reactivated my experimental ozone injection system I put together. I should have some initial results within a week or so. If it takes longer than a week I must be getting some good mileage!

[Image: LogoSM.jpg]
http://www.mpgsolutions.org
Authorized Scangauge II dealer
02-18-2008 09:31 AM
smt0954 Offline

please keep me informed either thru this forum or off line via cdmi at swbell dot net.
i'm anxious to hear about your success as well as the HAFC scenario.
thanks!

Steve T
Central Arkansas
2005 GMC Sierra 5.3L
02-18-2008 11:26 AM
qsiguy Offline

Sure thing. There are a lot of people waiting to get some unbiased data on the HAFC system. To be honest, all they have really done is taken several existing technologies and put them in one package. The key component is the O2ptimizer which is basically an EFIE, IAT, CTS, and MAF/MAP sensor offset computer in one. By tweaking all of these sensors the computer is forced to act accordingly and allow you to lean the mixture to get the most out of your HHO, ozone, water injection, etc devices since non of the sensors will be contradicting each other. ECU's are pretty smart and when you alter one sensor beyond a certain point the ECU will ignore it and move to another sensor or just go into it's "safe" mode and really kill mileage.

I've been thinking about putting together my own version of the O2ptimizer for a while now (since before I heard of the O2ptimizer). It would basically be a box consisting of several potentiometers, EFIE, few switches, variable voltage regulator, and some resistors. Just a way to offset each sensor integrated into one convenient box. I'm not sure how complex they got with the O2ptimizer but I should find out soon. I believe they built in some delay circuits to bring in the offsets gradually upon startup similar to what Mikes EFIE does.

[Image: LogoSM.jpg]
http://www.mpgsolutions.org
Authorized Scangauge II dealer
02-18-2008 11:57 AM