Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why cant I find a trucker interested in saving fuel?
Astounded Offline

Why cant I find a trucker interested in saving fuel?
Hi Guys,
I am not a trucker and know very little about it other than it costs an awful lot of money to keep a truck fuelled up but maybe you guys can explain why none of the transport companies I have approached have taken up my free offer to save them money on fuel.

Some months ago I was introduced to a product which allegedly when added to your engine oil reduces the friction on the moving parts and the result is that you get improved fuel economy and your engine doesn’t wear as much-yeah right never heard that one before!

I am in the construction business and I had previously bought very innovative products which I was very pleased with off the same company offering this stuff so I was intrigued enough to give it a go and bought a can of the stuff.

I don’t know a lot about cars but I do know enough to know that there are many variables affecting fuel economy so I thought I would arrange a test which would eliminate as many variables as possible to test as accurately as possible if this stuff worked.

I took an afternoon off work and this is the test I did:
PURPOSE OF TEST
To attempt to minimise any variables appertaining to the exercise in order to compare engine fuel consumption before and after treatment with oil treatment
VARIABLES TO CONSIDER
Measurement of fuel used
Measurement of distance covered
Quality of fuel used
Traffic conditions and route,ie urban,nonurban
Driving style
Atmospheric conditions
METHODOLOGY
To address all of the above as far as possible the following methodology was adopted.

A 2002 Alfa Romeo 1.6 litre petrol engine vehicle had its tank filled as far as possible with fuel and was then driven at as close to a constant 60 mph as traffic conditions would allow around two full circuits of the M60 motorway England starting and finishing at Stockport where it was originally fuelled,a distance of 70.70 miles

It then had its fuel tank filled as before at the same pump at the same filling station as before and the amount of fuel used and distance travelled were noted.

The oil treatment was then administered to the engine oil.
The vehicle was then driven around exactly the same route at the same speed by the same driver.

The traffic conditions and weather were the same for both trips.
On completion of the second trip the vehicle was refuelled again in exactly the same way and the same information recorded.
The results are as below

Dist (m) Fuel used(L) MPL MPG Change
Before treatment 70.70 8.47 8.35 38.08

After treatment 70.70 6.30 11.22 51.16 + 34.34%
Well I was absolutely amazed so of course I did the same thing again with another vehicle and got similar but not quite so good results.
So I told my mates about it and they were all going crazy about it right?
WRONG
Typical reactions
It will invalidate the warranty on my car?
What if it damages the engine?
If I put this in my engine it will overfill the oil reservoir (apparently removing 300ml of oil is far too difficult to make a 34% fuel saving)
You must be wrong all these fuel saving devices don’t work you made a mistake.

OK then maybe this stuff is not for the average motorist lets try some transport companies,they will be interested as they have mechanics to remove oil before the treatment goes in and they will tear my arm off to get hold of this stuff even if it only saves them 5% on their fuel bill never mind 34%-right
WRONG guess what they said?
It will invalidate the warranty on my car?
What if it damages the engine?
You must be wrong all these fuel saving systems don’t work you made a mistake.

Now if I was offering them this stuff for 5 grand per truck treated, payment upfront, I could understand it but I was offering to treat a wagon for free,they could see if it worked and if it did they would pay me what it cost me to buy the stuff and if it didn’t then they pay me nothing.

The best I have been able to achieve hawking it round different companies for months is one agreed to test it but 6 weeks later they still haven’t got round to ‘finding the right truck to try it in’ wtf?

There are about 20 people I know who have put this stuff in their car engines both petrol and diesel and all have seen improvements in fuel economy varying from 15% upwards to 30% plus and these are mainly friends and family and mainly older vehicles.

I had a guy at the local MOT station test the exhaust gasses before and after the stuff was added to a car engine and he found that the amount of CO( Carbon Monoxide) produced after the oil treatment was one sixth of the amount before treatment.

The amount of unburnt oxygen and hydrocarbons was also significantly lower.
He said that lower CO emissions and lower oxygen and hydrocarbon levels were a very strong indicator of improved fuel economy but that he was not convinced it would work and had no interest in trying it himself even though I offered him a can for free for the testing!
I have a friend who has a rally driving team too and guess what-not interested in even trying the stuff.I gave him a can and its still sitting on the window cill of his garage 2 months later.
That has been the reaction of everyone I have spoken to who has been in any way involved in the transport or motor industry and I am at a loss to understand why-any ideas?
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2011 10:34 AM by Astounded.)
07-21-2011 10:33 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
amos33 Offline

RE: Why cant I find a trucker interested in saving fuel?
(07-21-2011 10:33 AM)Astounded Wrote:  He said that lower CO emissions and lower oxygen and hydrocarbon levels were a very strong indicator of improved fuel economy but that he was not convinced it would work and had no interest in trying it himself even though I offered him a can for free for the testing!
I have a friend who has a rally driving team too and guess what-not interested in even trying the stuff.I gave him a can and its still sitting on the window cill of his garage 2 months later.
That has been the reaction of everyone I have spoken to who has been in any way involved in the transport or motor industry and I am at a loss to understand why-any ideas?

lower oxygen levels....big red flag to me?

I am a Christian
07-21-2011 07:37 PM
Astounded Offline

(07-21-2011 07:37 PM)amos33 Wrote:  
(07-21-2011 10:33 AM)Astounded Wrote:  He said that lower CO emissions and lower oxygen and hydrocarbon levels were a very strong indicator of improved fuel economy but that he was not convinced it would work and had no interest in trying it himself even though I offered him a can for free for the testing!

lower oxygen levels....big red flag to me?

Really?,surely lower oxygen levels in the exhaust emissions indicate that less unburnt oxygen in the exhaust so more oxygen being burnt in the combustion process?
07-22-2011 12:25 AM
amos33 Offline

(07-22-2011 12:25 AM)Astounded Wrote:  lower oxygen levels....big red flag to me?

Really?,surely lower oxygen levels in the exhaust emissions indicate that less unburnt oxygen in the exhaust so more oxygen being burnt in the combustion process?
[/quote]

OxyGen is a byproduct of the combustion process. More oxygen in the emission section means less hydrocarbons, CO, NOX for ensample. I would think you would want to see more O2 in the emissions but then
I am a newbi to HHO.

I am a Christian
07-22-2011 10:11 AM
chrisdibor Offline
Ceedee

The reaction you got from the people proves once more that even though they may never admit it, most people in the world are full of fear and have always been like sheep and probably be forever....they follow only known shepherds, even if it leads to waste and even death. This is what political and business leaders know and play on to sustain generations of power...welcome to the real world.

Now would you believe that to really sell the product all you have to do is concoct some real BS mixed with some fancy graphics, serve it in dizzying lights and you will have the sheep spell bound! Apparently BS sells better than reality

Happy selling!!

Need to save fuel now....
07-24-2011 10:38 AM
bbfao Offline

What is the product I would like to try it in my car
08-08-2011 05:59 PM