Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wide Band orientation
koya1893 Offline

Wide Band orientation
When you received your wide band from Fuel Saver which postion is the "Pot" positioned? Mine came with the "Pot" pointed at the 12:00 and when I read the instruction to go 1/4 and up to 1/2 I turned it CC 1/4 which is about the 1 and 2 O' Clock positioned. I emailed Mike several times asking where should the starting point be. Because in one of his email he mentioned the ideal setting is at 9 O' Clock position, but the intruction did not say to go CCW, it just said 1/4 and 1/2. so I started from where the unit was set when it arrived for installation. My truck has been running with the "pot" set between 2 and 3 O' Clock postion for about 1,500 miles. During one of my long trip I registered 22.6 mpg. the CEL came on with codes of 135 and 155 which point at the two front sensor heater malfunctioning.

Those of you with greater knowledge and from what I've read here are regular, can you give me some idea what damaged i induced with the "Pot" set that high and why the two codes all of a sudden.

What can I do to prevent the codes from showing up again.
Did I damaged the O2 sensors?
Did I damaged the EFIE being set that high?

I've had great support from Mike and Bruce but lately our communication to resolve my situation is hit and miss.
(10-28-2009 11:38 AM)koya1893 Wrote:  When you received your wide band from Fuel Saver which postion is the "Pot" positioned? Mine came with the "Pot" pointed at the 12:00 and when I read the instruction to go 1/4 and up to 1/2 I turned it CC 1/4 which is about the 1 and 2 O' Clock positioned. I emailed Mike several times asking where should the starting point be. Because in one of his email he mentioned the ideal setting is at 9 O' Clock position, but the intruction did not say to go CCW, it just said 1/4 and 1/2. so I started from where the unit was set when it arrived for installation. My truck has been running with the "pot" set between 2 and 3 O' Clock postion for about 1,500 miles. During one of my long trip I registered 22.6 mpg. the CEL came on with codes of 135 and 155 which point at the two front sensor heater malfunctioning.

Those of you with greater knowledge and from what I've read here are regular, can you give me some idea what damaged i induced with the "Pot" set that high and why the two codes all of a sudden.

What can I do to prevent the codes from showing up again.
Did I damaged the O2 sensors?
Did I damaged the EFIE being set that high?

I've had great support from Mike and Bruce but lately our communication to resolve my situation is hit and miss.

That's how the wide band came and where I started to make my adjustement.
(This post was last modified: 10-28-2009 11:41 AM by koya1893.)
10-28-2009 11:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: Wide Band orientation
Full counter clockwise in essence turns the efie off (no change).
1/4 turn or 1/2 turn is in reference to that position.

Older WB efies were very sensitive and 1/4 was about the max you could go. The ones from the last couple months should be able to up to 1/2 turn of the control, but it's best to start out closer to 1/4 turn or less.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
10-28-2009 12:32 PM
DC-Hybrids.com Offline

RE: Wide Band orientation
Digital wideband EFIE
http://www.dc-hybrids.com/Digital-EFIE-O.../defie.htm

David Gibson
www.dc-hybrids.com
1-888-813-2492
01-14-2010 04:36 PM