Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wideband Sensors
mike Offline

RE: Tunning the car for HHO
I've got to take one step back here. I don't actually know what your setup is.

Do you have 2 narrow band sensors, one in each bank, and these are being used by your ECU?

And do you have 2 wideband sensors, one in each bank, for reading the AF ratio?

Is this all correct?

You should be reading a leaner mix right away when you start using the EFIEs, assuming you're in closed loop operation. You should be able to turn the EFIE off, and read richer, then turn it on and read leaner. Like right away. If not, there is something wrong.

The concept of the computer learning will possibly make the engine operate better over time, but there should still be an immediate response.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
02-25-2008 06:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sartech Offline

mike Wrote:I've got to take one step back here. I don't actually know what your setup is.

Do you have 2 narrow band sensors, one in each bank, and these are being used by your ECU?

And do you have 2 wideband sensors, one in each bank, for reading the AF ratio?

Is this all correct?

You should be reading a leaner mix right away when you start using the EFIEs, assuming you're in closed loop operation. You should be able to turn the EFIE off, and read richer, then turn it on and read leaner. Like right away. If not, there is something wrong.

The concept of the computer learning will possibly make the engine operate better over time, but there should still be an immediate response.
The answer to above is yes. That is my setup.

Your description is what I assumed, however that was not my experience in the short time I tried it. I am currently having a small problem with my Hyzor and working on that so I will let you know when have a chance to get on the road with it.
btw-my O2's wiring are referred to in the diagram from Chevy as having a high signal wire and a low signal wire to the ECU. I made the assumption that the EFIE needed to be in between the sensor and the ECU on the high signal wire. Would you agree?
02-25-2008 08:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

Sartech Wrote:btw-my O2's wiring are referred to in the diagram from Chevy as having a high signal wire and a low signal wire to the ECU. I made the assumption that the EFIE needed to be in between the sensor and the ECU on the high signal wire. Would you agree?

Yes, the high signal wire is correct.

I am moving this to a new thread. If you need to respond, please respond there. We're getting cross conversations on this one.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
02-25-2008 10:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

mike Wrote:I'm starting to get guys who have wideband sensors and with ECUs that use the wideband information. And I want to be able to steer them better than I currently am.

Mike, let me know if you need help testing. I have both sensors installed on my vehicle.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
02-29-2008 04:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply