Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wiring the cell(s)
harlfishing Offline

Wiring the cell(s)
Hi everyone! I just ran across this forum. It's nice to meet like minded people.

I read somewhere.... If you're one step ahead of the crowd you're a genius, if you're two steps ahead, you're a crackpot.

I saw some info in this thread about using a relay. I agree, it's an absolute must. If you just find any old switched circuit and hook into it you run the risk of melting expensive parts. For example your ignition switch. The best circuit to hook your relay energize power to is the fuel pump power circuit after the fuel pump relay. The reason for this is that the fuel pump is only powered when the engine is actually running. If the key is left in the run position and the engine is not running the fuel pump relay will shut off. It's a built in safety feature in all vehicles because you don't want the fuel pump pumping out fuel if there's been a wreck. The relay that a person should use will typically have a 1 amp fuse for the relay energizer circuit so it will draw very little current from the fuel pump circuit.

I hope this helps some people stay safe.

Dan
04-23-2008 07:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: Wiring the cell(s)
Hi harlfishing. Welcome to the forum!

Great tip.

I've moved your thread to the Brown's Gas forum.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
04-24-2008 02:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply