Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Worst with EFIE
pdai11 Offline

Worst with EFIE
Hi, i have recently installed your Fuelsaver MPG deluxe analogue Efie onto 96 Toyota Rav4 with a Dry cell. With the Efie on, the mileage has worsten. The 02 sensor is replaced brand new made by Bosch and wires has been checked several times for the right connection. The Efie is set at 240mv and started off with 200mv.
(This post was last modified: 06-23-2010 04:40 PM by pdai11.)
06-23-2010 04:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: Worst with EFIE
I don't have a lot to go on here. Are you using HHO? What mileage did you get before and after HHO? Are you getting a check engine light? What's the engine code? Did you measure the sensor signal wires to see if they had the characteristic voltage signal? I never trust diagrams, but always measure the wire before installing. Did the green wire go to the sensor and the white wire to the computer (brown to sensor and blue to computer for the 2nd EFIE)?

What mileage did you get before installing the EFIE? What mileage after 200 mv and what mileage after 250 mv.

For you to lose mileage with an efie at 200 mv seems nearly impossible, unless it's hooked up backwards, or on the wrong wire. So I'm suspecting that there's something wrong with the installation. Maybe you're not allowing the voltage to ramp up to it's set point before measuring? You have to let the EFIE warm up for 3 - 5 mins before setting its voltage.

If you don't have an obd2 reader, you should drop by the auto parts store and get them to read your computer and tell you any faults it finds. This can help narrow down the problem.

But bottom line, I can't help you without a lot more data.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
06-24-2010 01:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
pdai11 Offline

Thanks for all the info, i'm getting my car back tomorrow from the garage. The wires are connected correctly as it has been done on the car before when i had a faulty Dry Cell. The cell is bought from a professional company. I had driven the car for the same mileage with the Efie switched off but when switched on, i can see a great decline.
06-28-2010 04:56 PM
mike Offline

I still need more data or I can't help you. For instance, if the EFIE is set for more than the computer will tolerate, then mileage will definitely go down. Using the EFIE when the HHO is not running can also drop mileage for basically the same reason. The computer sees the adjusted signal and thinks something is wrong with the sensors, and goes into open loop operation. This always drives the mileage down.

Further, the sensors could be shot. Then adding even a reasonable amount of voltage can cause the sensor to appear bad to the computer. In this case a shot sensor would need to be replaced.

Just realize the mileage going down means something is wrong. If it gets found your mileage will go up. If not, it won't. But I can't help you without data as to what's going on, and what's been tried. EFIE settings, error codes, HHO gas production, etc.

Did you use the HHO System Debug Checklist? Its on our Documents page and is designed to help with a system that is not improving in mileage.

Visit Our Documents Page
06-28-2010 07:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
pdai11 Offline

Hi Mike, just like to thank you for you help, i have removed the EFIE and now fitted to a Nissan Primera (UK), it is set at 300mv and i'm getting 53 mpg on the highway, before was 46 mpg but the next day the CEL came on so probably will turn it down to 280 mv.
Thanks again
07-03-2010 06:03 PM
thomasbala Offline

(07-03-2010 06:03 PM)pdai11 Wrote:  Hi Mike, just like to thank you for you help, i have removed the EFIE and now fitted to a Nissan Primera (UK), it is set at 300mv and i'm getting 53 mpg on the highway, before was 46 mpg but the next day the CEL came on so probably will turn it down to 280 mv.
Thanks again
That's a 15% gain. Good work. Nissans are usually difficult but you made it work. Congratulations.
07-03-2010 07:25 PM
mike Offline

Hmmmm. I've gotten 45% gain on a Nissan Titan pickup truck, with an HHO generator and a Wideband EFIE for the upstream sensors, and a dual analog for the downstream sensors. It was pretty easy too.

Visit Our Documents Page
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2010 02:30 AM by mike.)
07-04-2010 02:30 AM
pdai11 Offline

That is a huge increase wow ! Hopefully the next few weeks it will improve, i'm using a 5 x 5" 16 plate cell 2 neg and 2 pos running at 18 amps. The car has done 95k miles and around the 02 sensor, there's rust, maybe it's never been changed ? and also alot of times when the car is idling for a while when revved, the engine stalls and that happened before i fitted all the HHO kit ?
07-04-2010 03:38 AM
mike Offline

(07-04-2010 03:38 AM)pdai11 Wrote:  That is a huge increase wow ! Hopefully the next few weeks it will improve, i'm using a 5 x 5" 16 plate cell 2 neg and 2 pos running at 18 amps. The car has done 95k miles and around the 02 sensor, there's rust, maybe it's never been changed ? and also alot of times when the car is idling for a while when revved, the engine stalls and that happened before i fitted all the HHO kit ?

That sensor has probably never been changed. Go ahead and change it out. I'll bet you'll see a big improvement in mileage right away.

I don't know what the last question mark means. Are you asking a question there? I didn't quite understand what you wanted.

Visit Our Documents Page
07-04-2010 01:33 PM
pdai11 Offline

Hi Mike, sorry i think it was supposed to be a full stop and not a question mark. Thanks
07-04-2010 04:09 PM