Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Zero amps and then back
Farmer2 Offline

Zero amps and then back
I have the fuel saver kit for my 04 buick century 3.1 V6 installed and ran with good numbers first day then next morning the display goes pretty quick to 100% and zero amps. I had it holding steady at 10 amps the first day. I checked all connections and it was not bubbling either. I then took a water hose and flushed the generator off and blew it off with compressed air and then it was working again at 10 amps. Can anyone point me in the correct direction to solve this?

Thanks, Dave
02-21-2018 05:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: Zero amps and then back
Possibly foam. Possibly the cell isn't getting refilled due to some kind of vapor lock. It's a mechanical thing. The cell plates aren't being covered with electrolyte so the cell can't draw amps. You'll need to find out why that is and handle.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
02-22-2018 12:42 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Farmer2 Offline

(02-22-2018 12:42 AM)mike Wrote:  Possibly foam. Possibly the cell isn't getting refilled due to some kind of vapor lock. It's a mechanical thing. The cell plates aren't being covered with electrolyte so the cell can't draw amps. You'll need to find out why that is and handle.

I do not think so but I will check that out, you got me wondering if the check valve might be sticking............
02-22-2018 01:58 AM
Farmer2 Offline

(02-22-2018 01:58 AM)Farmer2 Wrote:  
(02-22-2018 12:42 AM)mike Wrote:  Possibly foam. Possibly the cell isn't getting refilled due to some kind of vapor lock. It's a mechanical thing. The cell plates aren't being covered with electrolyte so the cell can't draw amps. You'll need to find out why that is and handle.

I do not think so but I will check that out, you got me wondering if the check valve might be sticking............

Updates, Mike and I went through email and thought so this thread does not have an incomplete communication I would post them.

Me: Check valve was not sticking......
Hello again, I think maybe my flow problem is to much vacuum. I have it attached to manifold as stated in instructions. It's caving in the bottle! Can I go before the throttle body and pull through that or does it need to be under a vacuum to get in? Also in USA measure, what is the amount of water to hho? Thanks, Dave

Mike: Vacuum is not needed. Yes, you can go anywhere on the air filter housing. Let me know if that resolves the situation for you.

Best Regards,

Mike

Me: Ok, I first moved the outlet gas hose from the vacuum port to the new made hole in my intake hose before the throttle body. That did nothing to start the generator. I found out how to get it to work and there was no foaming. I primed the bottom port in the main reservoir with a turkey baster and nothing but liquid came out the outlet in the reservoir. I then thought it had to be the PWM so I looked at all the settings and all were good and set at 10 amps. Not until I played with the frequency and went from 500 to 601 that it finally started producing amps and the percentage dropped from 100% to 31% and my amps are holding at 10.

I could not find anywhere in the instructions on where a safe or good point setting is for the frequency. Is 601 a good number?

Dave
(This post was last modified: 02-25-2018 05:56 AM by Farmer2.)
02-25-2018 05:56 AM