Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
adjusting EFIE off set voltage
cheapfuel Offline

adjusting EFIE off set voltage
This has probably been addressed somewhere in this forum. Unfortunately, I have not found it. I have read through the installation and general directions on the use of my single delux EFIE. But I have not found the answer to this question:

When first setting the EFIE off set voltage (say for example to 0.225 volts) and the EFIE is connected to the oxygen sensor, is the EFIE off set adjusted with the Engine NOT RUNNING. If it was running then I don't think it is a real off set as the heat oxygen sensor is also putting out a voltage. In my case since the EFIE is powered from the same source as my generators when the engine in running, I would have shut down the engine and jump power to the EFIE so I can set it. I realize that the voltage with the running is also important, but I am only interested at this time in getting the initial off set voltage.
07-23-2008 05:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: adjusting EFIE off set voltage
The EFIE is adjusted (on the deluxe model) by inserting your meter blk lead in the blk jack and red lead in the red jack. When you first power the EFIE, the voltage offset will start about zero and gradually climb until it maxes out after about 5 minutes (or so depending on ambient temp).

There's no benefit with leaving the engine off unless it's easier for you.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
07-23-2008 07:12 PM
cheapfuel Offline

Thank you for your reply. It is easier for me to do it while the engine is on as that is when the power to the EFIE is also on. My only concern is that if the engine is on, is there not also the voltage from the oxygen sensor present in which case the measured voltage taken as you described (and I know how to do this) will be EFIE off set + oxygen sensor voltage. Or am I mistaken in this. In other words, does the measurement only indicate the off set voltage and not the off set voltage + oxygen sensor voltage.
07-23-2008 08:33 PM
rpatzer Offline

Your instructions should tell you how to measure just the EFIE and the EFIE + O2 sensor combined.
07-23-2008 08:46 PM
colchiro Offline

When measuring from black to red, you're only reading the offset voltage. You need to recheck with the engine running, but should be pretty close.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
07-24-2008 04:36 AM
cheapfuel Offline

Thank you. All is clear to me now.
07-24-2008 05:34 AM