Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
adjustment problems
96FordE250 Offline

adjustment problems
Mike,
I installed the dual deluxe efie as per the instructions. The signal voltage from the o2 sensors fluctuate normally when measured between the black ports and ground. The voltage measurement shows an increase when the red ports are measured against ground in proportion to the measurement between the red and black ports. So, the device works and is hooked up right. The problem is when the device is cold, it measures .193 - .201 between the red and black ports, but after about 10 minutes it drops to .157 - .161 and adjustment of the adjusting screws doesn't change the voltage at all. I've turned the flat- head screws about 5-7 full turns both directions and don't get any change. I've given it a few minutes to change in case its slow to move, but no change. The o2 sensors are bosch 4 wire sensors on a 96 ford van. Any thoughts?
04-30-2008 08:33 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bandit354 Offline

RE: adjustment problems
I also have similar problems when efie is turned on the voltage is at .330v and during the day when everything warms up the voltage drops down to .250v and adjustments do little to no effect. Put a higher amp switch on the circuit and seem to help improve the adjustment, but the voltage still drops through the day. I also have a bosch 02 sensor.
04-30-2008 06:40 PM
96FordE250 Offline

bandit354 Wrote:I also have similar problems when efie is turned on the voltage is at .330v and during the day when everything warms up the voltage drops down to .250v and adjustments do little to no effect. Put a higher amp switch on the circuit and seem to help improve the adjustment, but the voltage still drops through the day. I also have a bosch 02 sensor.

Bandit,
Are you seeing any benefit in mileage? What kind of HHO generator are you using?
04-30-2008 06:59 PM
bandit354 Offline

Well on some tanks of gas mileage increases form 2-4mpg and on some tanks I loose .5-1mpg still doing alot of tinkering to the hho generator and solutions in the generator to try to find one that works the best. My biggest problem with the efie was the switch that I was using to controll the circuit for the generaator and the efie, it was a 15amp switch and it was getting hot, adjusted the amps to the generator and changed the switch to a 30amp seemed to solve some of my problems. Thinking about just making the efie have it own circuit seperate from the efie and seeing if that makes a difference. Change the voltage on the efie and I can lean the sensor out to the point were the engine runs rough without the cel coming on. The problem is as the day goes on the voltage steadily decreases from .330v to around .250v as the amps rise in the generator the efie output volts seem to go down also that is why considering putting it on it own circuit to see if that solves my problem. From what I was reading the more amps to the efie you put in the more electromagnetic energy it creates and not sure if that is what is causing the fluctuation in volts, but I know the more the generator warms up the more the volts drop on the efie.
04-30-2008 07:38 PM
bandit354 Offline

bandit354 Wrote:Well on some tanks of gas mileage increases form 2-4mpg and on some tanks I loose .5-1mpg still doing alot of tinkering to the hho generator and solutions in the generator to try to find one that works the best. My biggest problem with the efie was the switch that I was using to controll the circuit for the generaator and the efie, it was a 15amp switch and it was getting hot, adjusted the amps to the generator and changed the switch to a 30amp seemed to solve some of my problems. Thinking about just making the efie have it own circuit seperate from the efie and seeing if that makes a difference. Change the voltage on the efie and I can lean the sensor out to the point were the engine runs rough without the cel coming on. The problem is as the day goes on the voltage steadily decreases from .330v to around .250v as the amps rise in the generator the efie output volts seem to go down also that is why considering putting it on it own circuit to see if that solves my problem. From what I was reading the more amps to the efie you put in the more electromagnetic energy it creates and not sure if that is what is causing the fluctuation in volts, but I know the more the generator warms up the more the volts drop on the efie.

I mean the more amps to the hho generator the more the electromagnetic energy the generator creates.
04-30-2008 07:41 PM
mike Offline

Hi guys. Sorry to get on this thread so late.

Bandit, I've got to suspect that your HHO unit is drawing enough juice, particularly as it warms up, to lower the voltage going to the EFIE significantly. I'd like you to try powering the efie from a different (switched) circuit, and see if that handles that problem. Please report back either way.

96FordE250, I'd like you to try disconnecting the green and white wires and see if you get similar results with the EFIE measurements. If so, also try turning off the HHO, just in case you have a similar situation as Bandit. Let me know on this thread.

Thanks guys.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
04-30-2008 09:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bandit354 Offline

Have not had a chance to try the new setup yet, but here is the picture of what I installed today a relay and a breaker instead of a fuse. Initial test were in the drive way before I went up to the store the efie adjustment volts were at .310v got to the store came back home checked the volts again and the volts were at .175v. Hho generator was not running off the switch anymore just the relay power and the efie checked the amps at the switch and they were at .5amps, no more high amps going through the same circuit for the generator and the efie. When I work tomorrow I will drive alot more and have a better idea of whats going on.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

05-01-2008 06:04 PM
96FordE250 Offline

bandit354 Wrote:Have not had a chance to try the new setup yet, but here is the picture of what I installed today a relay and a breaker instead of a fuse. Initial test were in the drive way before I went up to the store the efie adjustment volts were at .310v got to the store came back home checked the volts again and the volts were at .175v. Hho generator was not running off the switch anymore just the relay power and the efie checked the amps at the switch and they were at .5amps, no more high amps going through the same circuit for the generator and the efie. When I work tomorrow I will drive alot more and have a better idea of whats going on.
Bandit,
My HHO generator runs straight from the battery on 12 guage wire and a 30amp capacity switch. The efie gets its power from one of my o2 sensor heater wires which are powered only when the engine runs. When the efie is on, even at an offset of only .165mv, I can notice a small loss of power. So I guess its working. I don't see any improvement in mileage though, that is why I wanted to adjust it higher. Mine still won't adjust. My HHO production is about .8 liters/minute. Drawing 15 amps cold - 28amps hot.
If anyone out there is getting results, please drop a word and tell me what their HHO production is in liters/min and what their efie offset is, and what size engine. All answers are appreciated.
05-02-2008 04:53 AM
96FordE250 Offline

mike Wrote:Hi guys. Sorry to get on this thread so late.

Bandit, I've got to suspect that your HHO unit is drawing enough juice, particularly as it warms up, to lower the voltage going to the EFIE significantly. I'd like you to try powering the efie from a different (switched) circuit, and see if that handles that problem. Please report back either way.

96FordE250, I'd like you to try disconnecting the green and white wires and see if you get similar results with the EFIE measurements. If so, also try turning off the HHO, just in case you have a similar situation as Bandit. Let me know on this thread.

Thanks guys.
Mike,
Thanks for the reply, but won't it cut one of my o2 signals if I disconnect the green and white wire? I've tried the adjustments with and without the HHO running with the same results.
05-02-2008 05:04 AM
bandit354 Offline

Today started with new system started the day off with .330v drove 25miles truck was turned off then back on offset at .303v drove 15miles then it was at .275v drove 10miles then at .250v then 4miles .225v then drove 5miles .200v drove 3miles .175v the more I drive and the longer it is on through the day the more the volts drop and not adjusting the voltage at all. Checking volts with a digital multimeter.
05-02-2008 08:32 AM