Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
air tight or not?
76GP Offline

air tight or not?
I just got to thinking I made my generator with a adjustable air valve should I just crack it open a little or keep it air tight? I am adding a bubbler soon to the system which will be air tight.Any thoughts didnt know if it need to have some air comming in or air tight. Blush
06-19-2008 01:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
fordsohc46 Offline

RE: air tight or not?
i adjust it so there is about 3-4 bubbles per second. on my car when i left it air tight it would surge while going down the road.
06-19-2008 09:45 AM
owen1969 Offline

Where did you install this air inlet? and what did you use for it?
Thanks J

fordsohc46 Wrote:i adjust it so there is about 3-4 bubbles per second. on my car when i left it air tight it would surge while going down the road.
06-19-2008 10:09 PM
fordsohc46 Offline

it is an adjustable bubbler from lowes (5 for like 2$and change) it is a knob put through the top of the jar lid with a hose going to bottom of jar. you can adjust how many bubble it lets out. it keeps the water moving and i think it helps clean gas molecules of ss wire or plates. not sure if it does anything but it is in the water4gas book.
06-20-2008 04:57 AM
Dino Offline

Does that thing actually do anything, I have been reading of people getting better results without it.

What department in Loews do they sell it?

fordsohc46 Wrote:it is an adjustable bubbler from lowes (5 for like 2$and change) it is a knob put through the top of the jar lid with a hose going to bottom of jar. you can adjust how many bubble it lets out. it keeps the water moving and i think it helps clean gas molecules of ss wire or plates. not sure if it does anything but it is in the water4gas book.
(This post was last modified: 06-20-2008 07:27 AM by Dino.)
06-20-2008 07:26 AM
fordsohc46 Offline

it's in the irrigation dept. it may not do anythind i am building a new gen without one and going to try it.
06-20-2008 10:38 AM
76GP Offline

It was already on a gen that i bought and,it was not made very well it was square and the sides sucked in when it had vacum to it.I took all the parts on it off and made one out of a better container so as for the parts I dont know where they came from sorry but it is black with a + and - marks on it and a niple on the bottom for the hose.I have ran it open with up to 10 bubbles per secound to closed all the way have not seen any differince just used up water faster.I am now going to build a smack I like what I see on his web page and it looks easy to make it has no air inlet valve that I can see.I will take pics of the one I have now and post them if I can soon,make my smack and do the same.With my present set up on by 01 dodge dakota 4x4 4.7 V8 I am getting 3mpg better from 12 to 15.
06-20-2008 05:15 PM
ptours99 Offline

the bubbles help release more gas off the electrodes,and it also helps cool it better.it suppose to make more gas so maybe that could be why you might use a little water,if it's true i'd ratherput in a little h20 instead of big oils narcotic.

selling an enclosure for the rear of cab semi truck 28''X20''X6'' CUSTOM MADE ALUMINUM TO HOUSE HHO GENERATORS AND INCLUDING A RESERVOIR BUBBLER AND REGULAR BUBBLR ptoures@sbcglobal.net usa only
06-20-2008 06:14 PM
owen1969 Offline

Ford , Can you post a pic or send me a pic of this thing you bought from lowes? if you email me it's jbmc_1999@hotmail.com or post here if you can , because I was there never seen anything but maybe Im not looking in right area , Thanks John

fordsohc46 Wrote:it is an adjustable bubbler from lowes (5 for like 2$and change) it is a knob put through the top of the jar lid with a hose going to bottom of jar. you can adjust how many bubble it lets out. it keeps the water moving and i think it helps clean gas molecules of ss wire or plates. not sure if it does anything but it is in the water4gas book.
07-01-2008 06:18 PM
cmac Offline

The problem I found with these was when the unit is hot and you turn the system off it syphons the electrolyte back up to the outside of the generator. It makes sense to have one so your not pulling a vacuum on long trips, maybe it needs a check valve and a filter. These observation have only been tested on the bench so far for me. The smacks units don't use these. Are the smacks units only used mainly for short trips? If so why? Thanks
07-02-2008 08:04 AM