Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
amperage
JP-ADV Offline

amperage
How do you keep the amperage up while not boiling the water. At 40 amps I get nice volume until it starts to perkulate.
03-25-2008 06:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: amperage
Basically, you need to limit your current at some point. As current flows your solution starts heating up. Then more current flows which heats the solution more. This is a positive feedback situation that will keep on going unless you have a method of pegging the current. That's the nature of your problem.

If you bought your device, you should get with the company that built it. But barring some fancy electronics to provide your current limiting, you can decrease the amount of electrolyte until you don't have your solution boiling when you use it.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
03-25-2008 07:24 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
grusson Offline

i use a mix of 50-50 distilled white vinegar and distilled water for my mix. it produces a solid 2.5 to 3.0 lpm flow at 6-7 amps load using an 11a series magdrive hho gen. its a smooth runner. i dont play with soda or any of the other stuff. dont want to melt anything. of course i'm kinda chicken @#@# when it comes to the electrical side of things. what solution do you use? and what system? just curious.
GR
05-01-2008 12:51 PM
jksav7 Offline

That's almost hard to believe. Is this info verified by yourself, or is that what came with the instructions?

grusson Wrote:it produces a solid 2.5 to 3.0 lpm flow at 6-7 amps load using an 11a series magdrive hho gen.
05-01-2008 02:51 PM