Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
any suggestions?
lazymonty Offline

any suggestions?
I went to hydrogengarage.com and bought 2 of their 13 plate stainless steal sets and I have them hooked up in series both encased in one large cell. I followed the instructions, cleaned them, sanded them, etc.. I am using potassium hydroxide as the electrolyte and running 20-25 amps through them and am only getting .75 lpm out of both of them combined when the instructions say to expect to get 1.5 out of one set once conditioned. It is not overheating... only warm to the touch. I have a pwm hooked up and everything seems to be working great and I checked for leaks with soapy water. Any suggestions would be great because I expected at least 2 lpm from the units.
(This post was last modified: 06-13-2009 05:29 PM by lazymonty.)
06-13-2009 05:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
martinruf Offline

RE: any suggestions?
(06-13-2009 05:27 PM)lazymonty Wrote:  I am using potassium hydroxide as the electrolyte and running 20-25 amps through them and am only getting .75 lpm out of both of them combined

I'm testing now the secound week the NCE electrolyte. It's two time better than KOH. You will need the half amp for the same output.
http://befreetech.com/xcart/catalog/NCE-...16234.html

Before I used 7.3 amp KOH for the same output.
When the cell was 'cold'/ no used then I have with NCE 2.3 amp.
After a while use the amp is 3.7

Ford C-Max 1.8i flexfuel (petrol)
Victor-Tupperware-Cell
4x 5N at 1-2AMP
20% less Liter/100km
06-13-2009 11:35 PM
colchiro Offline

Nice find, Martin. A little pricey, but looks promising.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
06-14-2009 07:22 AM
mattsauto Offline

(06-13-2009 11:35 PM)martinruf Wrote:  
(06-13-2009 05:27 PM)lazymonty Wrote:  I am using potassium hydroxide as the electrolyte and running 20-25 amps through them and am only getting .75 lpm out of both of them combined

I'm testing now the secound week the NCE electrolyte. It's two time better than KOH. You will need the half amp for the same output.

If it's the one that you have to ADD to vinegar in small amounts, it is SALT NaCl (Evaporated Ocean Water Concentrate???) or "Rock Salt" concentrate and you HAVE to change your muddy electrolyte "very often" and also it WILL "freeze" in the winter...
06-14-2009 04:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
lazymonty Offline

(06-14-2009 07:22 AM)colchiro Wrote:  Nice find, Martin. A little pricey, but looks promising.

Colchiro- did you happen to read my "any suggestions" post... I know you know what your doin so I was wondering if you thought that me having both sets of plates submerged in the same cell could be affecting my production... could I be loosing valuable current from set to set?
thank you.
(06-13-2009 11:35 PM)martinruf Wrote:  

Thanks for the heads up... does nce mean non caustic electrolyte? what exactly is in it?
(This post was last modified: 06-14-2009 06:39 PM by lazymonty.)
06-14-2009 06:36 PM
martinruf Offline

(06-14-2009 06:36 PM)lazymonty Wrote:  Thanks for the heads up... does nce mean non caustic electrolyte? what exactly is in it?

Yes it means. I don't know what's inside. I hade to neutralise my cell before using. And it works. All they promise is in mine case truth.

But here in the forum are a lot of people which don't risque to try. So I did it. Now I have still 2/3 of the 2 oz. in the bottle.
So I have to find other swiss people to use nce till the bottle is empty. Cool

Ford C-Max 1.8i flexfuel (petrol)
Victor-Tupperware-Cell
4x 5N at 1-2AMP
20% less Liter/100km
06-14-2009 09:01 PM
umim Offline

It sounds like.."to good to be truth"..., but....... if you have good results.....
06-15-2009 07:08 AM
mike Offline

I just ordered a bottle. I'm going to try it on some electrolyzers I'm testing on the bench. I'm taking measurements of current, voltage and gas output and trying different things to see what works best.

When I get my NCE electrolyte, I'll do a series of tests on it too. I'll post my results here.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
07-12-2009 10:58 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

Sounds good for a "sticky". Wink

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
07-12-2009 12:04 PM
danpoet Offline

I have a 2003 GMC 5.3. I have been adding NCE to an 11 plate dry cell(eBay search:HHO HYDROGEN GENERATOR DRY CELL 316L 11 PLATES COMPLETE(charleigh233 seller). It takes awhile to build up the current to proper levels. I have a rather large reservoir 4.5"X9"X10" tall, and of course the hoses to the cell mounted under the bumper. I have added the contents of one 2 oz bottle, and a remainder of the previous bottle from another install (about 1/4 to 1/8 remaining), and have only gotten up to about 6 amps. I am only adding a capful a day, and running it the entire day. I am in my second week of amperage build. The distilled reservoir water is still clean. My goal is 10-11 amps. Also, I am replacing my fuel-saver analog dual efie with a newer digital efie(ordered from fuelsaver-mpg today), as I kept setting codes with only a 200 mv offset. I'll keep you posted.

(07-12-2009 10:58 AM)mike Wrote:  I just ordered a bottle. I'm going to try it on some electrolyzers I'm testing on the bench. I'm taking measurements of current, voltage and gas output and trying different things to see what works best.

When I get my NCE electrolyte, I'll do a series of tests on it too. I'll post my results here.
07-12-2009 05:55 PM